Lexus GS Aftermarket Stereo Installation in 2006 - 2008 Lexus GS?

Reactions
Hello,

I'm thinking about possibly purchasing a 2006 - 2008 Lexus GS, but I am concerned about the ability (or lack thereof) to install a new double din Android Auto stereo system.

Does anyone know if it is possible to install an aftermarket Android Auto stereo system in the 2006 - 2008 Lexus GS model?

Thanks in advance!

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Hi @gil_happy,

If you buy a GS without the factory nav (which would be pretty outdated at this point anyway), LE sponsor Beat-Sonic makes an adaptor to plug a standard aftermarket stereo into the Lexus wiring:

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-sla-82aad.html

So electrically you're good. I'm not sure what all is necessary in terms of making a double-DIN fit physically in those cars, however.

ETA: There's also https://tinyurl.com/yxcrfmpc which is an aftermarket Android-based radio that replaces the GS' center stack with a big Tesla-like screen. It's a bit pricey though.

Last edited:

Chops

Fan
Reactions
Hello,

I'm thinking about possibly purchasing a 2006 - 2008 Lexus GS, but I am concerned about the ability (or lack thereof) to install a new double din Android Auto stereo system.

Does anyone know if it is possible to install an aftermarket Android Auto stereo system in the 2006 - 2008 Lexus GS model?

Thanks in advance!

Crutchfield is a great source for such things. When you purchase a head unit, they typically include a free installation kit as well as well sorted out instructions for pulling apart the dash, center console, etc, etc.

Of course, depending on your system design goals, the choice of head unit will vary as well. That is, IF you plan on doing more than only replacing the head unit.

Reactions
A little late to the party. I have the Android HU in my 06 GS. It's nice that I have navigation now. I also have Apple Carplay and Android Auto using a dongle.