2024 Acura ZDX and ZDX Type S Revealed

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
I like the design, it looks like a suit up Blazer SS. It has that RS6 Avant vibe at least from the images. Interior on the other hand is just Honda, nothing premium about that. I used to hate RZ interior but once I've witnessed in person I gotta say I was wrong. It's still a farcry from Lexus classics such as 3GS, LC, 4RX but it holds up on its own. RZ also looks good in person just like its Toyota brother xz4bs whatever that name is, its big and proporions are good. Unfortunately I still think RZ is going to be the least selling four door Lexus since HS.

Unlike RZ this one will have proper BEV powertrain and everything that comes with it thanks to GM of course. And when it comes to GM I'm really not impressed by Lyriq design at all. Design is good but it requires much bigger footprint.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yeah interior reminds me of civic etc.. all look the same.. Pricing is adventurous again.. Acura has raised pricing but people are not buying it…mdx and tlx type s are sitting and there are nationwide incentives now on some products. Mind you this will get the $7500 incentive if you lease it like everyone else but I assume since GM makes it you would get the $7500 as well if you finance. I see some comments now from owners shocked it’s based off GM. I wonder if that spreads more.

Overall Acura rebadged an Isuzu 25 years ago and this is at least a better job of just a GM rebadge.

As for the RZ the more I drive it the more I like it and hoping it gets an update soon.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The ZDX 2 does not looks at all anything like the ZDX 1. However, the ZDX 2 looks very much like a new FX with sharp lines.

zdx1.jpg
zdx2.jpg
fx.jpg

One could say, Acura made the electric FX before Infiniti themselves. Shame on Infiniti (actually Carlos' fault).

mikeavelli

Reactions
Why does it look bland now? MDX seems much better done.
Looks like a raised station wagon. Interior could be a civic or accord.

SLX anyone lol

IMG_2930.jpegIMG_2934.jpegIMG_2933.jpeg

Last edited:

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
The proportions look great, but I agree with Mike it feels bland and nondescript... I think the Blazer does a bit better job with it's wilder styling on the proportions.

Given the upcoming Honda.. Prologue(?) also looks a bit dull, wish Acura had a bit more sharps sculpting or lines in the body.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Yeah interior reminds me of civic etc.. all look the same.. Pricing is adventurous again.. Acura has raised pricing but people are not buying it…mdx and tlx type s are sitting and there are nationwide incentives now on some products. Mind you this will get the $7500 incentive if you lease it like everyone else but I assume since GM makes it you would get the $7500 as well if you finance. I see some comments now from owners shocked it’s based off GM. I wonder if that spreads more.

Overall Acura rebadged an Isuzu 25 years ago and this is at least a better job of just a GM rebadge.

As for the RZ the more I drive it the more I like it and hoping it gets an update soon.

There is no reason to buy MDX/TLX Type S unless you are all about the exterior looks. That's one very tight demographics. Sure, now that BMW 5 is a joke I think TLX Type S has the best sports midsize sedan looks on the market but that is not enough for me to even consider it. Same thing goes for MDX Type S, gorgeous looking razor sharp lines, no blob design. Still not enough, for me at least. TLX Type S doesn't even have digital dash yet and they didn't even bother to make some cool looking analogue gauges either. And I love analogue gauges but TLX gauges are real rough.

I was mind blown when I found out that Acura wouldn't be rolling out any kind of hybrids for their new gen. I wish I was present at that meeting when hotshots called that. It's mind bending really. Sometimes I wonder how these higher up people even end up there in the first place cause most of them are useless across the board. Acura was so close to have it all for the first time since early 2000s and yet they screwed it up. When Mazda feels more premium inside than your flagship SUV you know you screwed up. I just give them props for Integra Type S cause they didn't manage to ruin Type R underpinnings somehow and once again the car looks great.

ZDX does look like a station wagon, that's why it reminds me of RS6. Have to see it in person before calling it but that interior man ... Integra level interior for 70k. v

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions
“It starts at $65,745 for the rear-wheel-drive A-Spec model and $74,745 for the more powerful Type S version that comes standard with all-wheel drive.”

Not sure who is going to buy these…

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Available in 342-hp A-Spec, 459-hp A-Spec AWD, and 500-hp Type S forms, Acura's first electric model is more expensive than its GM sibling, the Cadillac Lyriq.

Those figures are better than i expected but that is a lot of money.

Maybe acura wants to change to a more upmarket position, and high powered expensive EVs may be a way to start prepositioning ahead of mass electrification in the market.