Lexus SC 97 SC300 5-Speed on Craigslist for $9,000

Reactions
http://jalopnik.com/for-9-000-this-1997-lexus-sc300-could-be-your-stick-s-1767948511
lqgtv5jcvlpt86ap9hro.jpg

by4gsmh9zt8y3pn1uykq.jpg

baomltu1f6bmvkgt8e1s.jpg

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/5430441974.html
rx0y2f4fcecrm4ikdrr8.jpg

5 speed SCs are becoming even more rare if they're not being turned into drift missiles...is $9K asking too much for this timeless Lexus design?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
  1. That green exterior is insane.
  2. Love the gold badges.
  3. I would be all over this if I lived anywhere near Nevada.

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
That looks to be incredible shape. Probably near impossible to find one that looks like that anymore, especially with the updated bumpers. So much want.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
  1. That green exterior is insane.
  2. Love the gold badges.
  3. I would be all over this if I lived anywhere near Nevada.
Reminded me that it would be cool if there was a gold edition of the new LS that has gold-colored badges like the classic Lexus cars.

Reactions
Reminded me that it would be cool if there was a gold edition of the new LS that has gold-colored badges like the classic Lexus cars.
I believe gold badges are out of style now...they were popular with older buyers it seems. My mom's LS had them because she liked gold and I assumed it was a cultural thing for some folks. They were a port option for Lexus for a time, as there were also "black chrome" as well.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I believe gold badges are out of style now...they were popular with older buyers it seems. My mom's LS had them because she liked gold and I assumed it was a cultural thing for some folks. They were a port option for Lexus for a time, as there were also "black chrome" as well.

I was in Kentucky this week and saw a ton of gold-badged Lexus vehicles -- also, I now know where all the old fourth-gen ES 300 & ES 330 models go to die.