5th Gen Prius (Spy Shots)

Gor134

Follower
Reactions
Couldn't find a thread for this so I figured I'd start one..

Looks like Bestcar's reporting of the Prius transitioning into a wedge-shaped sport sedan is true!

Pretty excited for the reveal, I won't lie this is kinda looking cool.

Attachments

• burlappcar-toyota-1 (3).jpg
    burlappcar-toyota-1 (3).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 57
  • burlappcar-toyota-3.png
    burlappcar-toyota-3.png
    403.8 KB · Views: 57
  • burlappcar-toyota-4 (1).png
    burlappcar-toyota-4 (1).png
    480 KB · Views: 58
  • burlappcar-toyota-2 (2).jpg
    burlappcar-toyota-2 (2).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 56
  • burlappcar-toyota-prius.jpg
    burlappcar-toyota-prius.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 57

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Imagine they cancel the corolla sedan and just keep the prius as the starter car for the lineup
Corolla just picked up hybrid AWD options for the mid cycle refresh. Sienna is hybrid only. Venza is hybrid only. I can see the next gen of Camry and Corolla going hybrid only. Which leaves the question... what is Prius? I've felt, for a bit, that Prius should move to a Prime only model. Maybe an entry model, small battery version that does the current 25mi / 50mpg and then a larger battery version that does 50mi / 48mpg.

Gor134

Follower
Reactions
I wonder if they will be chasing an EQS-beating drag coefficient with the new Prius, with it being so much sleeker and lower.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I wonder if they will be chasing an EQS-beating drag coefficient with the new Prius, with it being so much sleeker and lower.
No. For minimum Cd the tail needs to extend all the way down to the ground. The Prius still has a short tail and quite high trunk opening.