mikeavelli

Reactions
As someone who for 3 years drove a top trim 2016 RX and currently is driving the new LX, there is no comparison. Of course.

I can't speak to the current version of the RX, but the 2016 was underpowered and of course, didn't have the size and utility.

I love the new LX. And I have no interest in off-roading. I wanted Lexus quality but with the truck stance and luxury ride and powertrain. And close to Yukon cargo space (which I sold and took advantage of the current market). The 2 screen set up is a complete miss. Without off-roading, it's a complete waste of valuable center console real estate. But like the lack of other features, like pano roof, massaging seats, I don't care.

Nice post. In 3 months i’ve yet to see another one. I see 1000 escalades etc everyday. The LX also just makes me feel good. That’s worth something. It’s built like a tank. Will always be rare and is original.

WOW! i love the wheels, and the pictures.

Thanks. I got more coming!

E82E3494-BF1E-42BB-9736-72A08409705D.jpeg

Reactions
Nice post. In 3 months i’ve yet to see another one. I see 1000 escalades etc everyday. The LX also just makes me feel good. That’s worth something. It’s built like a tank. Will always be rare and is original.

Thanks. I got more coming!

View attachment 5996
looking wonderful! these pictures convinced me that this is going to be my next lexus haha

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

Comparison Test: 2022 Cadillac Escalade vs. Jeep Grand Wagoneer vs. Lexus LX600 vs. Lincoln Navigator

4th Place:

2022 Lexus LX600 F Sport

View attachment 6002

View attachment 6003

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...vs-lexus-lx600-vs-lincoln-navigator-compared/

Had this shootout taken place entirely off-road, we bet the Lexus would have won. As the upscale offshoot of the Toyota Land Cruiser, the LX600 F Sport has the goods for overlanding excellence: a four-wheel-drive system with low range, a limited-slip rear differential, and a clever display that shows you what's underneath the vehicle by recording the path ahead and then transposing it to a see-through overhead view. Everyone loves glass-bottom-boat mode.

The rear seat is a bench rather than captain's chairs, yet the LX600 isn't an eight-seater—its third row seats only two, and those unfortunates will be staring at their knees and ruing the live rear axle bounding around below.

These smooth brains took the off-road focused F Sport out of all the models, and then said “well we are rating by luxury standards” and then they complain about it not having captains chairs? When the Cadillac they gave first place to would be more comparable in cost to the Ultra Luxury LX anyways.

This goes beyond being just stupid. These people are either malicious or there needs to be a disclaimer that reviewers on that site are all brain trauma survivors.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
These smooth brains took the off-road focused F Sport out of all the models, and then said “well we are rating by luxury standards” and then they complain about it not having captains chairs? When the Cadillac they gave first place to would be more comparable in cost to the Ultra Luxury LX anyways.

This goes beyond being just stupid. These people are either malicious or there needs to be a disclaimer that reviewers on that site are all brain trauma survivors.
Car reviews in Canadian publications have long had a disclaimer at the bottom of each review, along the lines of "Travel and accommodations were paid for by the automaker" (apparently, there were complaints some years ago that reviewers were biased or too obviously enjoying their paid vacations in exotic locales).

So I suggest this disclaimer for reviews published in American rag mags: "This review was paid for by Honda / the Detroit Big 3" and/or "The reviewers received absolutely no compensation from Toyota or Lexus". :D

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions

It makes me laugh so hard when I read that 😂😂

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions

It reads like this thread and what was discussed on LE podcast episode (no pano roof, massaging seats, small third row). The LX600 while competent for folks who can appreciate its charm and capabilities, but falters when compared to other 3 row BOF-boats in the states.

Id only claim foul if they decided to insert, "save your money, and get a Gensis/Acura unibody SUV".

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Maybe GX will move up in size to Sequoia size? Cause technically that is also a X5/GLE/Q7 competitor but body on frame.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
A TWO OUT OF TEN ON SECOND-ROW COMFORT FOR THE LEXUS???? Okay...
They did pick the worst LX trim to review. TBH I just don't understand the F-Sport. It's not like LX buyers care about how well a 2.5 ton SUV handles on mountain roads. It's a big missed opportunity to not market a "F-Sport Offroad" instead, and they already have all the engineering needed to make it (they already have LC300 GR Sport).

If I were Lexus PR, after seeing the first impression reviews, I would stop sending the F-Sport samples but the Premium with Appearance Package instead, because that seems to be the most well-received trim combination.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The LX was in last place by quite a large margin. Yes, it’s a niche vehicle in ways the others aren’t, but it is also Lexus’ fault for going with an, “Ok, this is good enough,” strategy when it really isn’t for the US market and this competitive set.

Unless you really wanted a Land Cruiser and can’t buy one anymore, the LX is not a very impressive vehicle for “full size” SUV shoppers.

Everyone in the USA was lamenting the loss of the Land Cruiser and looking forward to the LX, but turns out the Sequoia is the best version of them all and quite the underdog.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Flagship cars I feel are always going to be a subjective title. I remember seeing plenty of comments mentioning the Mk. V Supra as a Toyota flagship even if the LC costs more. So for now we can consider the LX a Lexus flagship until something else comes along that's more indicative of their engineering prowess. Like a new LS, GR GT3, LC, or GX for that matter.