mikeavelli

Reactions
Congratulations. It looks fantastic. Enjoy

Thank you. Went with 24x10 Forgestar and Nitto 420V tires. It’s the new version to their old 420S I had on my 570. Great tire so far.

Response was overwhelmingly positive. Most still haven’t even seen a LX 600 yet. It was a blast talking to people and explaining all the cool things about it.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Mike, now that you’ve seen both in person, how do you feel about LX vs new RX interior?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Mike, now that you’ve seen both in person, how do you feel about LX vs new RX interior?

Maybe a better understanding of the LX. RX is wonderful in the 500h. Higher quality materials, suede trim, huge 14” screen. Feels very much like a NX or RZ in regards to family. Everything flows.

LX really feels different inside like a off roader. It’s totally different in execution. The center stack is just different and the dual screens.. I would like to see an alacantara headliner and trim. Might be something I do.

Lexus doesn’t seem closely satisfied. They are aware of the dual screens the competition is offering etc.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Maybe a better understanding of the LX. RX is wonderful in the 500h. Higher quality materials, suede trim, huge 14” screen. Feels very much like a NX or RZ in regards to family. Everything flows.

LX really feels different inside like a off roader. It’s totally different in execution. The center stack is just different and the dual screens.. I would like to see an alacantara headliner and trim. Might be something I do.

Lexus doesn’t seem closely satisfied. They are aware of the dual screens the competition is offering etc.

So you feel you actually get a more luxurious experience in the new RX? Or just different?

Thanks for sharing

mikeavelli

Reactions
So you feel you actually get a more luxurious experience in the new RX? Or just different?

Thanks for sharing

The RX shares a similar luxury theme with the rest of the brand. The LX is quite original in the way it showcases luxury. The 570 interior aligned more with the rest of the lineup.

The LX interior is nicely done but doesn’t wow me. The RX made me say wow. I couldn’t believe it was a RX.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The biggest interior issue, however, is cargo space. The third-row seats can slide forward slightly, but they cannot be removed, nor can they fold flat into the floor. This is because, according to someone from Toyota, the hybrid battery pack sits under the third row, and leaving it in place provides an extra layer of protection.

Interesting comments on the new Sequoia from a recent review.

Could be a reason we aren’t seeing a hybrid LX yet? Maybe a smaller, denser battery pack could enable folding third row?

Or maybe hybrid for ultra luxury only?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions

Could be a reason we aren’t seeing a hybrid LX yet? Maybe a smaller, denser battery pack could enable folding third row?

Is their any vehicle that has a folding third row, and Live rear axle, and space for a hybrid battery?

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions

Using Li-ion would definitely help. Sequoia is using a large NiMH

mikeavelli

Reactions
Is their any vehicle that has a folding third row, and Live rear axle, and space for a hybrid battery?

I think that’s the issue. Nobody yet can make it all. A model x has batteries and low floor but the egg shape kills room.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The other way of designing the sequoia and LX would have been going IRS, hybrid, and fold flat third row. Besides the technical aspect, the marketing aspect of those decisions would be an monumental task. If anyone remembers the LC100 launch, that was the first LC to make use of a front IRS, and well that was an epic task to convince folks that Toyota had not committed sacrilege on the most trusted offroad nameplate.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The other way of designing the sequoia and LX would have been going IRS, hybrid, and fold flat third row. Besides the technical aspect, the marketing aspect of those decisions would be an monumental task. If anyone remembers the LC100 launch, that was the first LC to make use of a front IRS, and well that was an epic task to convince folks that Toyota had not committed sacrilege on the most trusted offroad nameplate.
But Sequoia had no real issue in terms of market acceptance with IRS? It was even testes with goals of putting it in Landcruiser, the IRS is swapable into LC200.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
But Sequoia had no real issue in terms of market acceptance with IRS? It was even testes with goals of putting it in Landcruiser, the IRS is swapable into LC200.
The LC folks literally look down upon the Sequoia as a dedicated mommy mobile posing as an "TRD" offroader lol.
Some weird vibes from the LC/OR community sometimes.

Didnt know the LC200 was tested with an rear IRS system from the sequoia. So what happened at the end of the day?

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The LC folks literally look down upon the Sequoia as a dedicated mommy mobile posing as an "TRD" offroader lol.
Some weird vibes from the LC/OR community sometimes.

Didnt know the LC200 was tested with an rear IRS system from the sequoia. So what happened at the end of the day?
In went to Sequoia, Landcruiser remained with SRA. I expected this LC300 to come with IRS, to be more competitive against Range Rover, but it even lost splitgate, which Range Rover retains.

Reactions
As someone who for 3 years drove a top trim 2016 RX and currently is driving the new LX, there is no comparison. Of course.

I can't speak to the current version of the RX, but the 2016 was underpowered and of course, didn't have the size and utility.

I love the new LX. And I have no interest in off-roading. I wanted Lexus quality but with the truck stance and luxury ride and powertrain. And close to Yukon cargo space (which I sold and took advantage of the current market). The 2 screen set up is a complete miss. Without off-roading, it's a complete waste of valuable center console real estate. But like the lack of other features, like pano roof, massaging seats, I don't care.