Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
So where is all the dislike coming from for the new LX . I think it leaps and bounds Better than the 570 but everything I’m reading and listening to it’s getting jabbed left and right. I do they they missed a few things but people are dismissing it like it doesn’t matter. I’m sure they will fix all the issues when the new LX750H comes out. It needs a pano roof, bigger interior , the gauges still look dated a bit.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
So where is all the dislike coming from for the new LX . I think it leaps and bounds Better than the 570 but everything I’m reading and listening to it’s getting jabbed left and right. I do they they missed a few things but people are dismissing it like it doesn’t matter. I’m sure they will fix all the issues when the new LX750H comes out. It needs a pano roof, bigger interior , the gauges still look dated a bit.
The problem that even it doesn't have the same LCj300 look but it's more LC design wise especially interior than the LCj300 itself

In other words amazing SUV but not with the asking price in comparing it to the new Sequoia in and out

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Its all about perspective and no one perspective has to be "correct", some folks hate some folks like it, all I know is my dealer's waitlist for the first time in awhile includes a ADM for the 600 and orders running into the next MY.

Last edited:
Reactions

You can watch the all the youtubes and not come out of it with a good feeling. I certainly did, until I took delivery. As someone who spent time with the 570, the 600 is a vast improvement. But you need to see it and drive it.

To me, sure you can nitpick certain aspects of it, but the driving experience is what truly separates it from the 570. And you know it's built like a tank that will last as long as you want it to.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
You can watch the all the youtubes and not come out of it with a good feeling. I certainly did, until I took delivery. As someone who spent time with the 570, the 600 is a vast improvement. But you need to see it and drive it.

To me, sure you can nitpick certain aspects of it, but the driving experience is what truly separates it from the 570. And you know it's built like a tank that will last as long as you want it to.
I don't think people are disappointed with LX capabilities or reliability but rather with the look. It looks a bit dated on the inside as well as on the outside. (We know how conservative Toyota is) Plus small things like lock of digital mirror, soft close doors, panoramic roof, bigger full digital cluster, etc.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
I don't think people are disappointed with LX capabilities or reliability but rather with the look. It looks a bit dated on the inside as well as on the outside. (We know how conservative Toyota is) Plus small things like lock of digital mirror, soft close doors, panoramic roof, bigger full digital cluster, etc.
That why I asked if they are going to bring out the 750. They should fix all that in the 600.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
That why I asked if they are going to bring out the 750. They should fix all that in the 600.

Curious how you think a different powertrain is going to change the interior and exterior “issues”?

Most logical changes are Lexus adds massaging seats, digital rear view mirror, and a panoramic roof, but the rest of it is brand spanking new and not changing for a while. This LX is brand new and just barely trickling into dealers.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
switching up the subject. I like the LX I just didn't understand why so many discounted it. ok so we have new LX,NX,RZ450E, soon to have RX. what other releases should we look for soon?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
MY23 new product rollout after the RX is doneso. We might see some refreshes if anything, but nothing new after the RX I believe.
Tune in next year for the GX and TX.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
@NXracer Thanks!! so it fair to assume most likely that the RX 3 row wont be around? Will the TX replace that? I've heard something about the GX but not much.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
@NXracer Thanks!! so it fair to assume most likely that the RX 3 row wont be around? Will the TX replace that? I've heard something about the GX but not much.
RX-L technically can still be built while the next gen RX launches since those are built in JP and dont expect the new RX to be in volume until D2remember. The TX will not be built in JP.
TX will be exclusively built with the "Grand Highlander or Crown whatever they call it" in the US alongside the highlander.
RX will be built exclusively in CA (they usually do some initial builds in JP, but I dont know if they plan to since the CA factory does every version of them now for the NA market).
GX will remain in Tahara JP factory, and possible expand volume. I do question with the 4R poised to leave the Tahara plant, what will that excess production capacity morph into? Hilux/4tuner would not shift there I assume due to costs or is their an EV setup scheduled?

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
@NXracer wow so the open a plant just for the new TX? I thought all lexus models was exclusively built in JP.

so the new Crown is it going to to be the car version or SUV? it hasn't been here in ages what is is replacing?

I forgot to ask no ES? remodel? I was talking to @Gecko a few months back and evidently the LS is due for a make over.

Reactions

I'm not sure what makes it dated on the inside or out. I guess it's a matter of opinion. I like the center cluster behind the steering wheel. A nice mix of analog and digital. Same with the physical buttons and gear shifter that remains. I guess you could easily consider these dated. I do agree that the 2 center screens is a fail. It should have been one screen similar to the NX.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
This thread is for the LX. Please discuss other model changes elsewhere.