Reactions
Grey market exports are all the craze. TMC has issued bans on select regions where this is popular, but at this price point, the end grey market customer has more resources then TMC cares for. MBUSA I believe gets you to sign legalese to the effect to prevent arbitrage, and also tracks how many of these products you buy.
Rich people gonna do rich people things and Toyota can't stop them from doing it

mikeavelli

Reactions

mikeavelli

Reactions
Did you know the LX 600 gets better MPG than the MDX Type S.Obviously not competitors at all but this is pretty shocking. Help it make sense

Acura MDX Type Less
3.0 Single Turbo
10 Speed Auto
355hp/354lbs torque
4700 lbs
17/21 MPG
0-60 5.5 seconds

Lexus LX 600
3.5 Twin Turbo
10 Speed Auto
408hp/479 lbs torque
5500lbs
17/22 MPG
0-60 in 6.9 seconds

Me feels the LX is probably faster that listed and the MDX slower than listed.

Benito

Fan
Reactions
Did you know the LX 600 gets better MPG than the MDX Type S.Obviously not competitors at all but this is pretty shocking. Help it make sense

Acura MDX Type Less
3.0 Single Turbo
10 Speed Auto
355hp/354lbs torque
4700 lbs
17/21 MPG
0-60 5.5 seconds

Lexus LX 600
3.5 Twin Turbo
10 Speed Auto
408hp/479 lbs torque
5500lbs
17/22 MPG
0-60 in 6.9 seconds

Me feels the LX is probably faster that listed and the MDX slower than listed.
Wow how is that even possible given the LX’s weight being 800 lbs heavier? Incredible.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
V35A-FTS is an all-new engine from the ground up, and the J30AC is another refresh of Honda's ancient J-family V6. The numbers are pretty damning for Honda, and nice proof of engineering for Toyota.
I guess even the power of dreams can't do much to improve an old turd, it took Honda 25 years after they first put their J series engine into production to introduce DOHC cylinder heads to this engine family lol, still using timing belt and turbo technology that would be considered as advanced if we were still in the 1980s.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
First meme i have seen about the LX.

99fbbe7448760789ccbf2c41a403896477df15e9_2_231x500.jpeg

Reactions
I have a question for anyone already driving an LX 600, how does the cruise control work? What I like about my GS F (and wife's NX), is that press and release gets you radar control, but holding it down longer puts you in traditional cruise control. I actually prefer the latter.

Does the new LX support both modes?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

Watching it now. Interior: development mishmash...my thoughts exactly

Pretty fair review, I'd say.

Knowing that everyone here loves the Sequoia and Tundra -- and a large part of that is because they were engineered and designed by Americans, for America -- I'm getting more and more excited to see the TX.

LX isn't the type of product America has been asking for, but that's just how it is, I guess.

Reactions
Pretty fair review, I'd say.

Knowing that everyone here loves the Sequoia and Tundra -- and a large part of that is because they were engineered and designed by Americans, for America -- I'm getting more and more excited to see the TX.

LX isn't the type of product America has been asking for, but that's just how it is, I guess.
+1...the TX will be a better competitor because Lexus USA has more freedom to make it more of an Escalade/RR/X7 competitor that just get larger and larger each iteration; TMC can't update the LC fast enough to satisfy the luxury buyers here in North America, which is unfortunate because that's how the luxury market for these vehicles is and the wealthy who buy a LX aren't going to be off-roading and aren't concerned about long term ownership because most get bored of their vehicle after the lease is up. Rich people that can afford one of these don't necessarily care about the things that LC fanboys do.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Again LX is executed like a G Wagon. It’s still a niche product here and a true global product. In the month i’ve had it, people love it. Which is shocking to me as the launch wasn’t until yesterday. I think again the difference between youtubers and reality can be vast.

As for the interior I agree with the weird look of the center stack. Not very fluid. Wish there was a true escaine option. Carbon fiber etc. It is truck like compared to everything with a samsung curved tv inside. Some won’t like it.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I love the idea of someone seeing an LX600 and being like “my center stack is nicer than yours”.

Oh well great when MTS is comfortably transporting me over the bodies of the fallen after the world ends I’ll be sure to be jealous of your husk of a bouncing Mercedes.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I love the idea of someone seeing an LX600 and being like “my center stack is nicer than yours”.

Oh well great when MTS is comfortably transporting me over the bodies of the fallen after the world ends I’ll be sure to be jealous of your husk of a bouncing Mercedes.
lmfao.. the GLS ans Maybach is made in Alabama… i’ll take my made in Japan LX and not so hip center stack.

Doing a 24” wheel test fit next week!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
+1...the TX will be a better competitor because Lexus USA has more freedom to make it more of an Escalade/RR/X7 competitor that just get larger and larger each iteration; TMC can't update the LC fast enough to satisfy the luxury buyers here in North America, which is unfortunate because that's how the luxury market for these vehicles is and the wealthy who buy a LX aren't going to be off-roading and aren't concerned about long term ownership because most get bored of their vehicle after the lease is up. Rich people that can afford one of these don't necessarily care about the things that LC fanboys do.

I am thinking the TX will be something between the MDX and the Q8. Being based on FWD and with 4cyl ICE only, it's going to be impossible to tackle GLS, Escalade, RR, etc, but Lexus might be able to make a very compelling three-row CUV for American buyers which is something they've always needed and never had.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I am thinking the TX will be something between the MDX and the Q8. Being based on FWD and with 4cyl ICE only, it's going to be impossible to tackle GLS, Escalade, RR, etc, but Lexus might be able to make a very compelling three-row CUV for American buyers which is something they've always needed and never had.
Everything I’m hearing it’s the size of Texas. Really large and a clear Escalade competitor. Not smaller.

Reactions
Again LX is executed like a G Wagon. It’s still a niche product here and a true global product. In the month i’ve had it, people love it. Which is shocking to me as the launch wasn’t until yesterday. I think again the difference between youtubers and reality can be vast.

As for the interior I agree with the weird look of the center stack. Not very fluid. Wish there was a true escaine option. Carbon fiber etc. It is truck like compared to everything with a samsung curved tv inside. Some won’t like it.
I have had my LX for a month now. I think the center stack is great but I am still learning the system. I absolutely love my vehicle and plan to keep it for 10-15 years. I can’t wait to take it up to Colorado this summer and travel some of the old mining roads in the San Miguel Mountains.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
So Escalade competitor is interesting since its based on TGNA-K

Their were two possible TXs after their ev reveal. The First image is what I believe to be the TX. The latter one idk what its suppose to be, but I assume design inspiration.

The TX being targeted towards the escalade would be hard, since not a BOF 3row which folks in the class want "feeling of invincibility" and "above the rest in view"
Lexus TX

Lexus Electrified SUV

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions

I think its very clear that the LX class vehicles are not a global product. They are probably the furthest from it and purpose built for a set region, and set demographic. Hence why the media reviews and some conquest buyers in the class are dismissive of what the LX is as they don't understand it.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I have had my LX for a month now. I think the center stack is great but I am still learning the system. I absolutely love my vehicle and plan to keep it for 10-15 years. I can’t wait to take it up to Colorado this summer and travel some of the old mining roads in the San Miguel Mountains.
I like the center stack the screen slapped on top just throws me off especially how smooth the LS and LC interiors are. It is functional