CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
For a big truck based vehicle it’s comparable. Not sure how they did that. Comfy mode in particular. In Sport Plus it feels more truck like. Steering is good but so far I like NX steering better.

I have to say I found this interesting.

I was expecting a much nicer ride to be a big selling point of it vs the NX. I guess my lack of experience with BOF is showing.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I have to say I found this interesting.

I was expecting a much nicer ride to be a big selling point of it vs the NX. I guess my lack of experience with BOF is showing.

i mean it’s nicer because it’s better built to me. Better materials. I think better throttle response and acceleration. It’s amazingly plush for a BOF.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Okay drove her about 100 miles because it’s that damn good. It drives so much more responsive than the 570. I mean its not even close especially in sport plus. I was taking some sweeping corners at speeds in confidence I couldn’t take in the 570. What a difference!!! The TT V-6 pulls way harder than the V-8.

I am stunned.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Just drove to Amelia Island. Kid was in third row quiet. USB-C back there is great for the iPad. Wife loved it, did want massage seats like the LS. I got 20 MPG in spirited driving and waiting way to long getting food twice. The 570 was usually 13-15 MPG. Big jump. The screens were easy to use, the HUD is great. I now wish for soft close doors and like Doug a panaramic roof. The car is so much more responsive than the 570. Comfort is fantastic on the freeways, a noticeable difference from Sport plus.

Reactions
I need help with dealership add ons. My LX has arrived any my dealer is trying to add on a protection package for $1295 which includes the following:

Invisishield- $595
-3M film on hood, fenders, and side mirrors
Door edge guards- $195
Door Cup guards- $195
Window tint- $395

Does anyone have any experience with Invisishield? Is it worth it? What about these door guards? Doesn’t the LX arrived with window tint? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I need help with dealership add ons. My LX has arrived any my dealer is trying to add on a protection package for $1295 which includes the following:

Invisishield- $595
-3M film on hood, fenders, and side mirrors
Door edge guards- $195
Door Cup guards- $195
Window tint- $395

Does anyone have any experience with Invisishield? Is it worth it? What about these door guards? Doesn’t the LX arrived with window tint? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you
Tell them you'd take all the packages as long as the MSRP is discounted by the same amount if it matters to you on principle.

Personally, if its the 3M PPF from Lexus, listed on the VSPEC as a line item (different from say a aftermarket insert some dealers add in addendum), which means it was installed at Port rather then the dealership, I'd take it, hella of lot cheaper then aftermarket shops. Thats about it.

Tints on the rear 3 doors only.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Tell them you'd take all the packages as long as the MSRP is discounted by the same amount if it matters to you on principle.

Personally, if its the 3M PPF from Lexus, listed on the VSPEC as a line item (different from say a aftermarket insert some dealers add in addendum), which means it was installed at Port rather then the dealership, I'd take it, hella of lot cheaper then aftermarket shops. Thats about it.

Tints on the rear 3 doors only.

Well said.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Already over 1,000 miles. Drove the family to Amelia and Island and back as I was working with Lexus at the Concours. I’ve driven my old LX 570 on many road trips to Florida. Impressions:
Instead of 13-15 MPG I got 18-20 MPG. Hauling ass lol.
The 600 is vastly more performance oriented. Not scared to try to pass people. Ample torque and the 10 speed is fantastic. Truly impressive, huge huge leap over the 570.
I noticed the diffence between comfort and sport plus is very noticeable. Used comfort most of the time. Rides nicely. Sport plus makes it way more engaging and responsive. Hard to believe this is 5600lbs.
Love the fold down seats. Much more room in the back.
Cool box, every car should have it.
USB-C ports all over make for easy and fast charging
The dual screens were great. Large NAV easy to see and smalll screen easy to use to HVAC.
Love the HUD
Sunglasses holder is there
Not so big it feels like a bus. Weight loss is very noticeable. Very nimble for a big SUV.

My issues:

Some weird connectivity stuff when my wife plugged her phone before mine. Easiest thing to me was shut the car off and plug mine in first. Will figure that out.
Wish it had more places to store items. No small nets on the side like even the LC.
Wish it had the digital mirror. Just safer and better driving to me.
Soft close doors are needed. Noticed we all multiple times left the doors ajar. PITA to go back and close or figure it out.
Not sure why there is chrome window trim and handles. Make it dark chrome like the front grill.
Not as a big as a bus so interior isn’t as spacious as some others. But honestly not an issue for us.
I am begging for a carbon fiber interior option.

Overall I am in love.
14C9987D-2CD4-424B-AAE4-6876F32641E6.jpeg

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
Demuro makes very salient points in his review video, and could argue he's a bit of a Toyota/Lexus enthusiast himself.

There are definitely numerous features missing from this vehicle which absolutely should be standard on a $100,000+ vehicle.

I'll be really interested in test driving the new Capstone Sequoia against one of these as we've put our name in for one at our dealer.