Motor

Expert
Reactions
Last edited:

cookieyh

Fan
Reactions
They didn’t provide off-road model of LX600 in US but offers 18 inch off-road friendly black wheels. Strange….

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
AHC is only available for F-Sport or above. The stock ground clearance is only 200mm (less than RAV4). And to get AHC you have 22 inch wheels on skinny 32 inch tires. The only way you can get something mildly offroadable would be Luxury trim with AHC and optional 18 inch wheels (but even smaller tires) and it will be over USD 100k.

This is a softroader period. It won't be nearly as capable as J300 Land Cruiser. Not that this is a bad thing. Lexus knows their customers very well and the J300 LX is very honest in execution.

They didn’t provide off-road model of LX600 in US but offers 18 inch off-road friendly black wheels. Strange….
The US appearance package with 18-inch wheels are the same as JDM 'offroad' trim but with no lockers. Not that those lockers help. The offroad trim is a joke anyway. 200mm ground clearance with no AHC and the tires are 1 inch smaller than regular LX600 and J200 Land Cruiser.

Last edited:

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
So to be honest looking at what 86k gives you, the initial impression that it is business as usual and Lexus has somehow managed to avoid increasing the price as say the tundra, which has a 5% increase over last MY. However its a weird mix of things. Lexus gives you new features, tech etc but you loose AHC, weird options are missing like front heated and ventilated seats for the base trim (how does an 86k vehicle not have those standard is beyond me). There really expanding the range of pricing tiers, but really dampening any upfront price increase talk by calling it as more "trim levels".

The rollout of this vehicle is very interesting. Plus there doing the whole offroad marketing spin, which I mentioned a couple of months ago is the new PR objective for all their vehicles CUV/SUVs to appeal to the offroad/overlanding folks which is a popular theme now.
So much so, Jon Lieberman who was quick to deliver the inside scoop on Toyota cancelling the LC300 from the USDM, has said Toyota is bringing it back in 2025.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
So to be honest looking at what 86k gives you, the initial impression that it is business as usual and Lexus has somehow managed to avoid increasing the price as say the tundra, which has a 5% increase over last MY. However its a weird mix of things. Lexus gives you new features, tech etc but you loose AHC, weird options are missing like front heated and ventilated seats for the base trim (how does an 86k vehicle not have those standard is beyond me). There really expanding the range of pricing tiers, but really dampening any upfront price increase talk by calling it as more "trim levels".
I find this to be a really interesting strategy. By offering fixed trims levels, buyers are less sensitive to implicit price increases because humans 1) are inherently worse at subtraction than addition 2) are only sensitive to the first digit. The LX600 Premium is a whopping $8100 more expensive than the base, but since the first digit only goes from 8 to 9, it's perceived as only 10% increase. If they offer the same features as a package it becomes much harder to accept psychologically, because a $8k package is 100% more expensive than say a $4k package. In other words, the 'perceived price premium' is diluted by the base price.

Similarly, the VIP grade doesn't have $39100 worth of super luxury items; as a separate 'executive package' Lexus may be able to charge ~$20k max going from "8" to "10".

I find the pricing tier of this USDM LX to be very smart psychologically. The entire lineup above Premium grade is an outright ripoff but Lexus might be quite successful at selling it at these steep prices.

Last edited:

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The Lexus Renaissance plan seems akin to what BMW did with the transition from E90 to the F30 platform; decontent and increase ATPs since everything is an option. The base model though, not taking into account the LC300 returning in 3 years, is probably going to be spun as the LC200 owner needing a replacement...(5 seater perfect for those who would remove the last two for a rear platform and steel sprung for lifts). Time will tell.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I am leaning toward F-Sport. The look has grown on me tremendously as the interior. We miss our 570 and my son has gotten quite bit bigger. But alas no rear screens and some other stuff. Wish caviar was on the F Sport. Pricing I think is fair.

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
I am leaning toward F-Sport. The look has grown on me tremendously as the interior. We miss our 570 and my son has gotten quite bit bigger. But alas no rear screens and some other stuff. Wish caviar was on the F Sport. Pricing I think is fair.

Rear screens as a deciding factor?!?!?!

Give your kids some iPad pros or something. Infinitely better. Rear screens?!?!?!?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Rear screens as a deciding factor?!?!?!

Give your kids some iPad pros or something. Infinitely better. Rear screens?!?!?!?

For sure adding iPads lol… I just noticed AVS is missing on F Sport but on the other models (not base). I have to ask about that.

Reactions
For sure adding iPads lol… I just noticed AVS is missing on F Sport but on the other models (not base). I have to ask about that.
Mike how is F sport in the flesh? Is it as sporty looking as say an x7 with 22” m sport package ? GLS with AMG? Do they pull the sport look off well? I’m a big fan in pics at least.

Looks like some press drives taking place in New Mexico right now - embargo on reviews lifts on Friday

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I really like the new LX overall... just can't quite get on board with that horizontal grill still. No bueno.