NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I think the modded/"overlanding" crowd gets an outsized voice on social media, but having been on the trails many times with my 4Runner(s), you do see a lot of stock Land Cruisers, LXs, GXs, Tacomas and 4Runners... people taking their families out for a camping trip, hikes, etc. For those people, 22" wheels and low hanging bumpers really are a turn off, so I hope Lexus has some options coming for such buyers.
I'm gonna add as a counterpoint off on the general sentiment from reading other comments on different vehicle launch threads I have seen here, "Everyone hates on lexus product planning because they know they customer base very very well so they only design products for their buyers wants and needs".

We are still in agreement that the offroad vocal minority has become the chess piece that Lexus Marketing is electing to play with to promote their BOF mobiles. The next generation GX, which I assume is going to launch 1 year after the Prado/4R as it has in previous years, is supposedly targeting those high income millennials who like the occasional weekend outdoors camping/tough terrain lifestyle. They don't want this to be the $600 lease special alternate for a RX buyer looking for a more buff image that a GX can bestow parked in park slope bklyn.
Yep, I noticed that as well. So it means all those pictures they were using to showcase the Ultra Luxury trim shows a interior color that users cannot really obtain :(

View attachment 5199
Is this a global thing or available in select key high value markets?

mikeavelli

Reactions
looks good, next step is driving it Mike.

My wife wasn’t a big fan of our LX 570 but when she got a chance to check out the 600 she actually loved it. I’m still a bit shocked lol.

I’ve provided Lexus feedback on the option packages. Obviously nothing changes now but I hope it’s something they consider in the near future.

We would get a loaded F SPORT.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
You can get the ultra luxury in caramel too, but the F Sport doesn’t have a HUD or air suspension.

actually seems like the f sport has a lot of compromise here. What a very particular offering.

cookieyh

Fan
Reactions
You can get the ultra luxury in caramel too, but the F Sport doesn’t have a HUD or air suspension.

actually seems like the f sport has a lot of compromise here. What a very particular offering.

Where did you find these information ( "F Sport doesn’t have a HUD or air suspension")?

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions

Hmmm ... where are you getting this info from ? Is this true for N. America or only for other regions (ie Middle East, Australia, Russia etc)

The LX pre-order guide does not mention a 'caramel' color at all. Only color listed in this guide for the Ultra Luxury trim is black.

1638069807933.png

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
That’s why I asked. This would be NA.

Luxury can also do red interior.

not sure where that doc is for.

Having a hard time figuring out who the F sport package is for…

Also it’s not just called Ultra Luxury, also known as Executive VIP

mikeavelli

Reactions
CRSKTN is correct, F-SPORT is a regular coil setup, no air. I’ll be working with RS-R to develop something. For those that want aftermarket air, it’a much easier to rip out coils than a factory air package. But hardly anyone is going to do that.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Looking at interior colors, exterior colors and options, the packaging of the LX has left me wanting more for a $100k luxury flagship SUV. I'd like to see a maroon (Nobel Spinel Mica?) and blue (Nightfall Mica?) added to the exterior options, and at least one more wood grain option instead of black or brown. Adding Artwood Organic Gloss wood trim or the Artwood Herringbone wood trim (either from the LS) would be nice and complement palomino or black leather well. Also, I know the white/peppercorn leather option has some brown in it, but there should be a solid brown option like Toyota's Redwood or something Bordeaux'ish.

Need more options and customization at this price point.

Will1991

Reactions
Lexus now have the bespoke program for the LC, it can spread out to the others “L” models.

But it should make it much more expensive…

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel Lexus's poor customization options in NA is related to how people configure cars in different regions.

In Europe the different models are separated only by powertrain. The base car is barebones with few standard equipment. The buyer then chooses what options to add (I heard on some cars even AC is optional).

In Asia there are many 'trims' for each model. The buyer chooses the trim but cannot customize the car from factory. The manufacturer decides what options to include based on demand. However individual dealers can install certain options if the customer requires (e.g. in ChDM Mark Levinson is very popular and dealer install them on all but the lowest trim).

USA is a middle ground. The buyer first chooses a trim and add additional packages. But a lower trim will always use inferior material and cannot be optioned with high-end packages.

I think the Japanese production system still isn't adapted to the USA way of car shopping. But for Toyota trucks engineered and produced locally (I e. Tacoma Tundra) the level of customization is quite high.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel Lexus's poor customization options in NA is related to how people configure cars in different regions.

In Europe the different models are separated only by powertrain. The base car is barebones with few standard equipment. The buyer then chooses what options to add (I heard on some cars even AC is optional).

In Asia there are many 'trims' for each model. The buyer chooses the trim but cannot customize the car from factory. The manufacturer decides what options to include based on demand. However individual dealers can install certain options if the customer requires (e.g. in ChDM Mark Levinson is very popular and dealer install them on all but the lowest trim).

USA is a middle ground. The buyer first chooses a trim and add additional packages. But a lower trim will always use inferior material and cannot be optioned with high-end packages.

I think the Japanese production system still isn't adapted to the USA way of car shopping. But for Toyota trucks engineered and produced locally (I e. Tacoma Tundra) the level of customization is quite high.

In Japan there is no Lexus inventory. The cars are ordered by customers. Here it’s mostly the opposite. Completely different business strategies for the dealerships. And here the dealerships choose for the customers mostly. Also here People want cars asap and don’t want to wait. So our culture is also different. Thus they have to forecast and pick out what they think dealers will buy and what customers will buy.

Reactions
The document in post #568 from Tyronne M is from the Lexus USA website.
https://www.lexus.com/content/dam/lexus/documents/fcv/MY22_LX_POG.pdf

That link is from this page since it may not work directly:
https://www.lexus.com/future/LX

I'm looking forward to more details (I was not aware of the removal of air suspension from the F sport). If we are to consider an LX, front massage seats are important to us (not interested in the Ultra Luxury rear).

That’s why I asked. This would be NA.

Luxury can also do red interior.

not sure where that doc is for.

Having a hard time figuring out who the F sport package is for…

Also it’s not just called Ultra Luxury, also known as Executive VIP

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The document in post #568 from Tyronne M is from the Lexus USA website.
https://www.lexus.com/content/dam/lexus/documents/fcv/MY22_LX_POG.pdf

That link is from this page since it may not work directly:
https://www.lexus.com/future/LX

I'm looking forward to more details (I was not aware of the removal of air suspension from the F sport). If we are to consider an LX, front massage seats are important to us (not interested in the Ultra Luxury rear).
Orders are going in already, or at least some are. I am just telling you what they had to offer when they walked me through it.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Okay tonight I did verify F-Sport will have the air suspension as an option. Base will be coil-over. Most dealers likely will order air I assume.

The F-Sport prototypes thus far I’ve been in and you all have seen have coil-overs.