NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
agreed, and truth to be told, its probably a rough sketch from memory more so render so harder to say exactly

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Not that I'm prepared to spend $100k on an SUV, but I really wish Lexus would drop the integrated, color matched running boards. They look terrible on the GX and the LX. If you actually want to get off pavement, they are difficult to remove without leaving unfinished edges. That, along with the low front and rear apron, really sells short the capable bones underneath.

Outdoorsy is an image that is easily sold these days. I think Lexus would see some success by embracing that now that the Land Cruiser isn't available to the US market.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Not that I'm prepared to spend $100k on an SUV, but I really wish Lexus would drop the integrated, color matched running boards. They look terrible on the GX and the LX. If you actually want to get off pavement, they are difficult to remove without leaving unfinished edges. That, along with the low front and rear apron, really sells short the capable bones underneath.

Outdoorsy is an image that is easily sold these days. I think Lexus would see some success by embracing that now that the Land Cruiser isn't available to the US market.

I agree and I think a lot of this will change at least with the next gen GX. If you remove the running boards, you have to get the Prado rocker panels because just like you said, the bottom part of the car looks unfinished and the lines don't look right.

With that said... only 3k miles in... and my running boards seem to catch a lot of rocks 😩

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I don't think the running boards *can* go anywhere. In the US you frequently see full-size SUVs where the driver barely is tall enough to have their eyes over the dash, and those customers definitely need the running boards to get in and out. That's definitely not happening as much since CUV lineups filled out, but you do still see it. I saw an Expedition the other day where I wasn't sure there was a driver at first.

It'd be great if there was a TRD type package with appropriate factory mods for moderate off-roading though (delete running boards, much shorter front/rear trim, and a small lift).

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The LX will never be seen off the beaten path in certain markets, so it makes sense for the running boards. That being said there are different ways to make them more recessed, such as automatic boards that extend only when the door opens.

on a side note: @Gecko I'm seeing alot of chatter about how this new gen GX was designed with the "world beater homage design", that will usher in the true TGNA-F lexus design, more so then the LX. "wink if you can confirm" lol

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
LX will get the same 2 variant as the Tundra
Hybrid V35A-FTS with LX750 for example
non hybrid V35A-FTS with LX600

cookieyh

Fan
Reactions
@insiders who signed NDA, will there be any surprise (positive way) from tomorrow's LX600 reveal considering that we have seen LC300, NX, and Tundra? ;)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
@insiders who signed NDA, will there be any surprise (positive way) from tomorrow's LX600 reveal considering that we have seen LC300, NX, and Tundra? ;)

There is one element I found sort of surprising... less than 24 hours and you all will find out!

EDIT: Clarifying this a tad more. What I was surprised about is a matter of personal taste vs. something mechanical or technical.

cookieyh

Fan
Reactions
Based on last year's LX J201 concept off-roader and LC300 GR Sport, I really hope that new LX will have an outdoor oriented model in addition to luxury model. Fingers crossed!

Quote from Toyota North America Head of Automotive Operations Jack Hollis early this year:

“What we have seen at Toyota is that there’s so much of an appetite for [off-roading] that I see that [moving into] the Lexus brand as well. There is an appetite, a customer desire, a customer push to see all brands giving them more options. I think it would be silly for Lexus not to travel down that path.”

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Looks promising! I hope the interior is luxurious and befitting a flagship vehicle. The NX interior is a disappointment and not luxurious enough (even for its segment)

I have no issue with the NX interior. The sceeen just dominates things. The LX will continue a kind of minimalist theme.

I read Motor trends Nx thoughts and they don’t like the NX interior but they somehow jerk off to the rdx Interior which is as busy and Non-luxurious as anything.

I dont get it

mikeavelli

Reactions

i would have liked to see the integrated automatic running boards like on range rovers. They slide out when the door opens and slot under the car when it’s closed. I believe the Benz GLS and Maubacj 600 has it as well.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I am impressed that everyone lives power of new Tundra Hybrid.

What is the difference in weight between Tundra and LX?

Reactions
i would have liked to see the integrated automatic running boards like on range rovers. They slide out when the door opens and slot under the car when it’s closed. I believe the Benz GLS and Maubacj 600 has it as well.

Also, the Yukon Denali. I assume the Escalade as well.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-10-12-lexus-uae-announcement.jpg

Lexus Enthusiast & Lexus UAE are teaming up to bring you an exclusive look at the next-generation LX 600 SUV at 12:30 PM ET. We have plenty to share, including a livestream of the vehicle reveal in Dubai. You can watch here on the site, subscribe to our Youtube channel, and follow us on Instagram for up-to-the-minute updates on the new Lexus flagship.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: