Levi

Expert
Reactions
Toyota was so far ahead in SUV/CUV market and was partof creators, by they have fallen so far behind now. They are catching up and a new powerful wave of models is to come, both Toyota and Lexus, unibody and body on frame.

But we have in fact no real info. The suspense is killing.

Imagine TMC finally pulls out a "Lexus IS makeover" though? LMFAO

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Guys if the LF-1 limitless production vehicle will sure be starting with "L" if it's not LX what other letter it will be
Note that TMC registered LQ was for Toyota not Lexus

So either it will be the LX or it will never be in production for the short term

James

Founding Member
Reactions
If they don't come out with the LF1 I just ugh why Lexus? Where is any news on it? How have we not scene it?

I didn't think it was going to be anywhere close to the LX. LX is a massive car and LF1 should be coupe like right?

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
That's another problem
A lexus executive said from 2 or 3 years ago I am not remembering well that the next GX may shift

So is this means that the next GX is the LF-1 I don't know

But no one talk a word about both the next GX & the LF-1

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
You guys are really reaching here 😂

LX will be what the LX has always been - it is too successful to warrant a complete change in execution. The LF-1 doesn't have to become the GX, LX, or anything else or "not come to production." This is a model that Lexus has needed for a very long time and the desire is obvious... and it will simply be a new model.

Period.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Maybe the LF1 is the new RX, the badge will help RWD sales, and the RXL which is more family practical will be the TX FWD based on Highlander.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Are ya'll bored? Some of this is wild 😂

RX is not transitioning to a super premium RWD product, either.

Reactions
You guys are really reaching here 😂

LX will be what the LX has always been - it is too successful to warrant a complete change in execution. The LF-1 doesn't have to become the GX, LX, or anything else or "not come to production." This is a model that Lexus has needed for a very long time and the desire is obvious... and it will simply be a new model.

Period.

Exactly. This is going to be an entirely new model that sits above the LX.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
^I don't know about "above" but I would expect parallel. In terms of price, I am assuming it will start around $80k, and go up from there, but LX is basically a $95k vehicle now...

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Lexus has maybe done their market research and found out majority of buyers get the LX not because it is a Landcruiser with more luxury but because it simply is the biggest Lexus, closest alternative to Escalade and Explorer.

LX is predominantly purchased because it is more luxurious/better version of Land Cruiser.
In countries where LX sells well ,and it sells awesome btw, nobody would ever buy Escalade or Explorer.

Where it does not sell is US and Western Europe, where the needs are simply not the same as in GCC countries, Russia and other parts of the world where LX is best selling vehicle in its class.

So I dont think LX will be very different vehicle - better yes, but not different.

Reactions
LX is predominantly purchased because it is more luxurious/better version of Land Cruiser.
In countries where LX sells well ,and it sells awesome btw, nobody would ever buy Escalade or Explorer.
Is the Escalade or Explorer even sold in the Middle East or Russia? Neither of them are that off road capable hence why LCs are popular and have been for decades.

They appeal more to American/Western buyers since Ford is an American brand, especially the Explorer since they sell in huge numbers here, where there are tons of Ford dealers in our country, and in many small towns where there are only domestic brand dealerships and many there just buy whatever the local dealers sell as those are mom and pop dealers and not corporate run.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Is the Escalade or Explorer even sold in the Middle East or Russia? Neither of them are that off road capable hence why LCs are popular and have been for decades.

They appeal more to American/Western buyers since Ford is an American brand, especially the Explorer since they sell in huge numbers here, where there are tons of Ford dealers in our country, and in many small towns where there are only domestic brand dealerships and many there just buy whatever the local dealers sell as those are mom and pop dealers and not corporate run.

of course they are. In Russia and GCC, they like big American things.

In any case, I think this will be the best LX ever, but it will still be an LX.

Reactions
of course they are. In Russia and GCC, they like big American things.

In any case, I think this will be the best LX ever, but it will still be an LX.
Well, it won't be a Land Cruiser anymore...Lexus dealers will finally get their own Escalade/Navigator fighter that they've been clamoring for.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Some LC renderings

landcruiser-300-3pbg.jpg

landcruiser-300-render-cliccar-1024x-uj5k.jpg

mikeavelli

Reactions
Honestly we can go back to 1996. When Toyota/Lexus offered a LX as a rebadge sales were phenomenal. People instantly were willing to pay for the LX. It passed the Range Rover in sales overnight. No clearer example of badge power since they were identical. This also meant going forward the LC would have to move upmarket,

Today a Lc is a 80k vehicle. The number one thing people complain to me about is no air suspension like the LX. You might as well just get a LX.

I would love the LC to come back smaller and more of a nimble off roared.Ford did a great job doing that with the Bronco.