Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Just quickly spec’ed a mid-level X7 40i: $86k++

Also spec’ed a mid-level GLS 450: $92k++ (Mercedes charges for second row air bags? And comes with MB-Tex standard at this price? SMH)

X7 M50i and GLS 580 both START at $100k.

The current LX 570 starts at $87k. I can’t see them jacking the base price up $13k, and there’s a chance it might actually come down with the rumored “base spec” model.

LX 600 stacks up pretty well across the board and I’m sure pricing will be competitive.

Personal opinion, but the GLS looks like a refresh of the model that has been out for a decade and it doesn’t really have flagship appeal. I don’t think many people see it as the “S Class of SUVs.” X7 is pretty nice. I would say LX 600 is pretty easily the best looking and most appealing of those three.
Surely when people are dropping that much on a car, these price difference don’t really come into it for most.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Well, here you have it guys, how the largest Lexus group in the UK has reacted to the LX. Like has been mentioned, it just doesn’t look anywhere near the same wow factor as a GLS or X7 or Q8.
9EA4A3D1-7F3C-4C9A-B3C9-BEEB909285B7.jpg
B70C780D-3EED-4986-82E8-EC2052FB569D.jpg
DF8E04FA-52B7-4DA6-ACD2-3449F2937F8A.jpg

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Absolutely agree, this is Lexus best design package since the new IS. And it makes me excited for the upcoming new models.

Lexus recent track record in design:

Success / Homeruns:
New LX
New IS
LC

Lukewarm:
New NX
ES

Fails:
5LS
3IS
UX

I don't agree with the 5LS. Its failure has little to do with the design, but rather the compromises and regression they brought with it.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Lol nobody, including Lexus cares what these kind of people think. Their parents are the ones buying these things, if at all.

The worst thing social media did was give a platform to people who don’t deserve to be heard.

Too much noise, not enough signal these days.

This is great and will look fine in person.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
largest Lexus group in the UK
Oh wow the largest group of LX owners/purchasers? They’re all customers?

Oh they aren’t? Wow I guess nobody cares 😂😂😂

lists have already begun at dealers. These people are welcome to criticize from the sidewalk.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
I don't agree with the 5LS. Its failure has little to do with the design, but rather the compromises and regression they brought with it.

If we are talking strictly about subjective exterior styling my top five current designs in particular order are

1. LC
2. LS
3. 22 IS
4. RC
5. 22 NX

Did anyone get to play with the screens on new LX? From what I could tell the infotainment is from 5LS both on front upper widescreen and ultra luxury rear seats screen while new small screen is some kind of derivative of old UI design. Is that right?
Edit: Guess upper screen has new infotainment version adapted for the ultrawide screen ratio.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
I’ve said this many time. It doesn’t matter what a SUV looks like. It remains the hottest market. Mitsubishi sells SUVs lol. New LX looks fine. It was never meant to be a beauty Queen it’s a tough 4x4 with luxury.

Reactions
Absolutely agree, this is Lexus best design package since the new IS. And it makes me excited for the upcoming new models.

Lexus recent track record in design:

Success / Homeruns:
New LX
New IS
LC

Lukewarm:
New NX
ES

Fails:
5LS
3IS
UX

How was the 3IS a fail? The 5LS only really failed because of a lack of a V8.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Lol nobody, including Lexus cares what these kind of people think. Their parents are the ones buying these things, if at all.

The worst thing social media did was give a platform to people who don’t deserve to be heard.

Too much noise, not enough signal these days.

This is great and will look fine in person.

While I don't care for the overall look of the LX... you're absolutely right. My opinion doesn't matter for 2 reasons. I'm not the one walking up to the dealership with $90k in need of a 5500lb SUV and the people that are in the market for these SUVs don't care about my opinion.

When my MIL retired from Toyota earlier this year, she asked me what she should buy to replace her 2011 RX 350. I tried to steer her toward a high trim Rav4 hybrid or Venza because she told me that she wanted good value and fuel efficient. At the end of the day, she came home with a 2021 RX350 because the quiet comfort of the RX far outweighed the fuel efficiency deficiencies to the cheaper Toyotas. My opinion didn't even matter to someone that directly asked for my opinion! haha

Reactions
I’ve said this many time. It doesn’t matter what a SUV looks like. It remains the hottest market. Mitsubishi sells SUVs lol. New LX looks fine. It was never meant to be a beauty Queen it’s a tough 4x4 with luxury.

Bingo. The luxury bits are important but at the end of the day, it needs to have the carryover boxiness from the previous generation for the function it provides. If you want styling, buy an RX. But an RX pales against the LX for roominess for people or cargo. I feel the LX provides a good balance.