Adrian

Fan
Reactions
Add it to the list of 'could've been vehicles' that we wanted but never got.
-LF1
-LC F
-CT200t (ok that's just me)
-V8 5LS
a last hora for the V8 would've been something, Lexus and Toyota is so focused on reliability (which isn't a bad thing) that it takes them longer than normal for a high performance engine to come out. If the LS was released with a new V8, there is no doubt the new Tundra, LX and Land Cruiser would have came out with it but here we are with the V35A-FTS

mikeavelli

Reactions
I think the comments so far are super fair. I can now say I saw this last month. Many of you know I had a 2017 LX 570 for awhile. I do miss it, my son misses it. While it was ancient to newer competitors it was rare in comparison and built like a tank.

For me the updates looks are solid, I struggle with the front a bit so I would likely go black. Excited for the ultra lux and F SPORT. Interior is well done, I’m not in love but it surely is better than the last one.

I’m sure driving it, power will be ample and faster than the 570. But I have to be real with you and Lexus has my feedback that I want to see more power. I think this is a fair criticism. To Gecko’s point the 3.5tt here is 60% new so I’m sure it will be punchier than the LS. But I would like to see more much more.

One thing no one mentioned is it’s lost 440lbs. That is incredible. Note the NX lost 140lbs. So Lexus is tackling weight which means more efficiency and better handling.

Overall I am excited and and choosing 24” wheels now. Mind you the F SPORT 22s, a Lexus first, look good and are forged.

Also I did like the monochromatic look of the silver LX in the sand. Just seeemed clean.

Great job Lexus. And very proud they offer a big, beefy real badass 4x4.

Adrian

Fan
Reactions
Can anyone answer as to why the new LX hasn't been updated on the Lexus USA website?

Brickhead

Fan
Reactions
This thing looks extremely ugly! How was this design approved by Lexus??? Lexus already killed off the 5th gen LS with ugly styling and impractical designs. I hope this new LX won’t become the next sales victim due to ugly design/styling. I think Lexus styling team is among the worst in the auto industry.

Reactions
I think the comments so far are super fair. I can now say I saw this last month. Many of you know I had a 2017 LX 570 for awhile. I do miss it, my son misses it. While it was ancient to newer competitors it was rare in comparison and built like a tank.

For me the updates looks are solid, I struggle with the front a bit so I would likely go black. Excited for the ultra lux and F SPORT. Interior is well done, I’m not in love but it surely is better than the last one.

I’m sure driving it, power will be ample and faster than the 570. But I have to be real with you and Lexus has my feedback that I want to see more power. I think this is a fair criticism. To Gecko’s point the 3.5tt here is 60% new so I’m sure it will be punchier than the LS. But I would like to see more much more.

One thing no one mentioned is it’s lost 440lbs. That is incredible. Note the NX lost 140lbs. So Lexus is tackling weight which means more efficiency and better handling.

Overall I am excited and and choosing 24” wheels now. Mind you the F SPORT 22s, a Lexus first, look good and are forged.

Also I did like the monochromatic look of the silver LX in the sand. Just seeemed clean.

To the highlighted point above. This is great and I also read somewhere the redesign targets reliability. But reliability was a huge attraction to me with the 5.7L. I wonder if we have to worry about the reliability of this engine given that it is new?

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
Some more details and pictures of the new LX from the Toyota Global Newsroom (apologies if this link has previously been posted).

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Few thoughts real quick. I liked the rendering better that came out like a week ago or whatever. I think the front looked a lot better. The back I love and looks a lot like GLS in my opinion. The lack of a V8 option is just crazy and I know we have talked about that for years its just incredible that still no V8. I think the biggest thing for me is...is it much better than the outgoing LX 570...absolutely it is and if it wasn't Lexus should quit now but would you spend 100k on the LX when you can get an X7 or a GLS? I think that answer is no. Now my boss has an X7 and in laws have the GLS 580 so I've driven both and sat in both and just looking at pictures is not the same but I'm just not sure if Lexus did enough with the new LX to take down their competitors.

mikeavelli

Reactions
To the highlighted point above. This is great and I also read somewhere the redesign targets reliability. But reliability was a huge attraction to me with the 5.7L. I wonder if we have to worry about the reliability of this engine given that it is new?
I hear ya. The 5.7 and 570 is invincible and appealing to ship to Dominica for my fam. Will need hardly anything. I’m sure the 600 will be fine but clearly it’s new so not sure yet

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
To the main LX customers the unibody RWD LF-1 will be a useless piece of trash that gets stuck 100m into the desert. That's why it needs to be a refaced J300 Land Cruiser.

Let's also not forget at 200kg lighter the LX will weigh as much as its unibody competitors like GLS. That's very impressive for a BOF vehicle. On the other hand the GA-L LS is already 2400kg fully loaded. And we saw rumors before the LF-1 would weigh at least 2500kg or about the same as this LX, but without the offroad capability and less interior space.

The design of the LF-1 lives on in the RZ EV and that's a good thing. We won't get another embarrassing and uncompetitive product built on the failed GA-L platform.

Reactions

Please tell them to have the balls and slap in the TTV8. We know that the engine is practically done at this point. Toyota and Lexus' CAFE averages are so high that this V8 wouldn't even make a dent in their average emissions output.

The V8 would be nice for the Platinum, 1794, TRD Pro in the Tundra and every car from the GX (and GS if they revived it) and above.

Most people have complained about the lack of a V8 in their latest products and that seems to be the only main criticism now that the infotainment issue is solved. There's still a huge amount of customers that still want the V8. We can move on from natural aspiration and go into turbocharged V8's or a turbocharged V8 with the hybrid system.

I have watched one of Automotive Press' videos about the Tundra and he said that it's likely that they could bring the diesel to North America for the Tundra, but if there's enough people wanting the V8, I think it would be smarter to bring it back but as a top trim level options as the V6's will serve well for the lower end of the lineup.

Overall, I wanted to say that it's a pretty dang good redesign.

Last edited:
Reactions
The design of the LF-1 lives on in the RZ EV and that's a good thing. We won't get another embarrassing and uncompetitive product built on the failed GA-L platform.
Don't you think it's likely for Toyota to fix their errors for the GA-L and GA-N platform and redesign it? Because there are a ton of Toyota and Lexus products that could make use of them and it will pay off in the long term no?

cookieyh

Fan
Reactions

@mikeavelli Can you ask them why they don't offer panoramic sunroof on flagship SUV? I am ready to make the purchase, but this really bothers me.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-10-13-lexus-lx-off-road-edition.jpg

Lexus Japan will be offering an OFFROAD edition of the new LX 600, with three locking differentials, matte-grey 18-inch wheels and all-terrain tires.
The three locking differentials — one on the front axle, one on the back, and one in the four-wheel drive transfer case — can send equal torque to each wheel and brings even more off-road control to the LX 600. The matte black grille and plastic fender guards complete the look, and the look is rather good.
2021-10-13-lexus-lx-off-road-edition-rear.jpg

While Japan is the only region currently promoting the LX OFFROAD edition, there would be demand for this LX anywhere. It’s only a matter of time (and likely supply) before it comes to other markets.

Continue reading...

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Few thoughts real quick. I liked the rendering better that came out like a week ago or whatever. I think the front looked a lot better. The back I love and looks a lot like GLS in my opinion. The lack of a V8 option is just crazy and I know we have talked about that for years its just incredible that still no V8. I think the biggest thing for me is...is it much better than the outgoing LX 570...absolutely it is and if it wasn't Lexus should quit now but would you spend 100k on the LX when you can get an X7 or a GLS? I think that answer is no. Now my boss has an X7 and in laws have the GLS 580 so I've driven both and sat in both and just looking at pictures is not the same but I'm just not sure if Lexus did enough with the new LX to take down their competitors.

Just quickly spec’ed a mid-level X7 40i: $86k++

Also spec’ed a mid-level GLS 450: $92k++ (Mercedes charges for second row air bags? And comes with MB-Tex standard at this price? SMH)

X7 M50i and GLS 580 both START at $100k.

The current LX 570 starts at $87k. I can’t see them jacking the base price up $13k, and there’s a chance it might actually come down with the rumored “base spec” model.

LX 600 stacks up pretty well across the board and I’m sure pricing will be competitive.

Personal opinion, but the GLS looks like a refresh of the model that has been out for a decade and it doesn’t really have flagship appeal. I don’t think many people see it as the “S Class of SUVs.” X7 is pretty nice. I would say LX 600 is pretty easily the best looking and most appealing of those three.

Reactions
I like that the base LX still comes with 2 rows. I wish the higher trims had 3 rows as an option as well, rather than standard.

Does anyone know if second row legroom has improved at all as I know the current LX570 has a few inches less than the X5/GLE.