LexusTechSA

Founding Member
Reactions
2021-10-12-lexus-uae-announcement.jpg

Lexus Enthusiast & Lexus UAE are teaming up to bring you an exclusive look at the next-generation LX 600 SUV at 12:30 PM ET. We have plenty to share, including a livestream of the vehicle reveal in Dubai. You can watch here on the site, subscribe to our Youtube channel, and follow us on Instagram for up-to-the-minute updates on the new Lexus flagship.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-10-16-lexus-lx-600-2022.jpg

Lexus has trademarked the LX 600 nameplate in the USA, giving rise to both a more powerful drivetrain and an upcoming next-generation model of the flagship SUV.
A safe bet for the 600 engine would be the long-rumored twin-turbo 4.0L V8 expected to power the LC F high-performance coupe. Speculation puts the engine at 600 horsepower and 500-lb-ft of torque.
Current rumors put the debut of an all-new LX SUV some time in 2020, though new information suggests that a 2022 launch may be more likely.
(The LX...

Continue reading...

Will1991

Reactions
or there just following their new naming scheme of rounding up....

LS460->LS500
LX570->LX600

It's a really old engine... Even by Toyota's standard of (sometimes) keeping things running too long, they shouldn't go for the LC300.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
I have a feeling the upcoming LQ is really the next Gen LX...
That's almost where my mind went as well, but I have to confirm if that is even plausible. Likely not.
Just let people know Toyota typically files trademarks 24 to 30 months ahead of launch. Or 2-3 model years ahead. Definitely a 2023 model!

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

Bit random, but the LQ trademark was probably to do with the Toyota LQ L4 autonomous concept they have early revealed for TMS.

Not sure how that impacts the thinking, but if there aren't any other trademarks, maybe GX stays as a lone BOF option?

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
We have to wait and see. I'm hoping someone discusses the Next Generation Land Cruiser 300 (at their own time), because the news I heard...wowza.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Bit random, but the LQ trademark was probably to do with the Toyota LQ L4 autonomous concept they have early revealed for TMS.

Not sure how that impacts the thinking, but if there aren't any other trademarks, maybe GX stays as a lone BOF option?
Yes I knew that once we saw the L4 concept. Now already questioning the lack of LF-1 trademarks, I wonder what if that is the new LX? LX 600 is at the very least a V8 engine of some sort.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
You can't just drop cryptic stuff and leave us in the dark!🥺

Sorry, I don't really want to give away what someone else acquired themselves and works here. This is the only individual who has told me this about the Land Cruiser and until I find my own source independent of them, I can't really post what they gave me out of immense respect.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Case in example, Toyota filed ES 300h trade marks in December 2010 for a car they launched in September 2012 as a 2013 model

NX trademarks were filed in October 2012, for a vehicle that entered production in July 2014 (US launch Nov 2014)

RC 350 filed November 2012, RC-F filed January 2013. Launched November 2014.

LC 500 filed November 2014, launched May 2017. (delayed from January 2017 launch)

LS 500h filed May 2015, launched January 2018; LS 500 filed August 2015, launched Feb 2018. (delayed from Q3 2017 launch)

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Sorry, I don't really want to give away what someone else acquired themselves and works here. This is the only individual who has told me this about the Land Cruiser and until I find my own source independent of them, I can't really post what they gave me out of immense respect.

I get it, i'm just teasing. I've seen you hint at plenty in the past, it just drives me crazy out of curiosity.
You work in/around the industry, is that right (don't need details, obviously)?

Thanks for the insights, I really hope we see the LF-1 sooner than later, it would check all my boxes :(

Ian Schmidt

Reactions

Replacing the LX with the LF-1 makes perfect sense for the US market if they don't also cancel the Land Cruiser. Then the new LX would be a genuine Lexus flagship instead of a rebadge (albeit a rebadge of a well respected Toyota). Most LX customers would probably prefer the CUV ride and handling, and those who need full BOF capability can slide on over to a Toyota dealer.

Last edited:

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
I get it, i'm just teasing. I've seen you hint at plenty in the past, it just drives me crazy out of curiosity.
You work in/around the industry, is that right (don't need details, obviously)?

Thanks for the insights, I really hope we see the LF-1 sooner than later, it would check all my boxes :(

Thanks for understanding. The information for these vehicles are from users on here. If they don't mind, I'll share. I didn't gather this on my own or through my own contacts. They did at least. 😉

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Thanks for understanding. The information for these vehicles are from users on here. If they don't mind, I'll share. I didn't gather this on my own or through my own contacts. They did at least. 😉

So I am gonna pretend I don't have the original text of your prior comment in my inbox...

I hope we see Toyota's experience with hybrid power systems pay off in new, more exciting applications.

One other thing, a little while ago there were reports of two LC 500s being tested with a near production LC convertible, but photogs said they heard turbos and a deep engine note on the two, as well as different seats.

The question I had at the time was whether or not it was normal for a testing platform for a new performance vehicle to not be camouflaged, and more interestingly it seems like it fit within the standard envelop of the LC 500.

Now I am wondering if the 600 moniker will be LX only, or if we will see LS 600 and LC 600? Maybe as an AMG 45 esque middle child under the full blown F models?

Total conjecture, but it seems like there is a chance for something unexpected.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
So I am gonna pretend I don't have the original text of your prior comment in my inbox...

I hope we see Toyota's experience with hybrid power systems pay off in new, more exciting applications.

One other thing, a little while ago there were reports of two LC 500s being tested with a near production LC convertible, but photogs said they heard turbos and a deep engine note on the two, as well as different seats.

The question I had at the time was whether or not it was normal for a testing platform for a new performance vehicle to not be camouflaged, and more interestingly it seems like it fit within the standard envelop of the LC 500.

Now I am wondering if the 600 moniker will be LX only, or if we will see LS 600 and LC 600? Maybe as an AMG 45 esque middle child under the full blown F models?

Total conjecture, but it seems like there is a chance for something unexpected.

Like the case with the Lexus LC 500 Coupe using the 2UR-GSE F engine, it is likely that the LX 600 will use the F V8 engine meant for the LC-F. The only thing that could contradict me, as I was contradicted with the V6 LS 500, is the possibility again of a twin turbo V6 hybrid. Such a vehicle would deserve the LX 550 name plate but knowing Lexus nowadays who knows. A TTV6 hybrid doesn't deserve 200ccs worth of nomenclature.

Last edited:

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Okay scratch that. Lexus still uses suffixes for hybrid and diesel variant so knowing that information this is definitely a non hybrid vehicle. It's a V8 or V12 LX😝 LX 600.

A trademark for LX 500d was just filed on October 10th as well in Moldova. What the hell is going on LOL?

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Okay, forgive me *****, I am posting what you told me in confidence.

In 2018, a Toyota dealer conference attended by members of the land cruiser/LX design team in the highest sales region for the LX 570, mentioned that the next LX will be a huge departure from the current version.
"The new LX will feel and look like an entirely different vehicle that isn't related to the previous LX or LC in anyway, besides the name, no one would even figure out it's even in the same class as it's predecessor. It will be very luxurious, so think more along the lines of Bentley Bentayga instead of land cruiser based 4WD".

If that happens though, I feel like the fully loaded versions of the LC (NON-USA) will be the spiritual successor of the current LX.

I really refuse to take credit for this information because I did not gather it myself. Nor will I name the responsible party, for requested privacy.

As for the new Land Cruiser, think Heritage Edition, ultimate TRD Pro, and early 80-Series married in modern form, on GA-F.🤐 I'll let our other trusted member mention it themselves in full.

The Sequoia, think nuevo Tundra and biggest offering.