Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
While Lexus is secretive, they also have a history of being more open when they want to... think about the prolonged testing and spy shots of the LC, or even the LS in plain view. I do think you have a point that with COVID, there are less people working in a physical location to test, take pictures and things of that nature.

Regarding the V8, Lexus has said they don't see it going into products below $90k and that's right about the price of entry for the LX, so maybe the LX could debut the next gen turbo V8 in LX 600? LC will be due for a refresh soon, and the LS is to have one this fall. Either of those could get it too, but I don't recall LC 600 or LS 600 trademarks.

Toyota seems to be rocking and rolling with redesigns and refreshes, and we know Lexus follows the same production methodology: New Sienna, new Venza, RAV4 TRD Off Road, refreshed Tacoma, Corolla Cross coming soon, etc.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Have other brands beside Lexus had products delayed as well? I don't follow the industry that closely besides Lexus and this site so just wondering if others are way behind as well?
There have definitely been industry-wide delays due to COVID-19. For example, facelifts to a number of GM crossovers and to the Chevy Bolt EV originally due for the 2021 model year are now 2022MY (it is unclear if they'll skip from 2020 to 2022 or if there'll be a short run of 2021s virtually identical to the 2020s). And, for all the talk of the death of auto shows, a number of unveilings were programmed for the now-cancelled 2020 Geneva, New York and Detroit shows. Those will be revealed online instead later than the auto shows they would've debuted at.

Ford's Bronco and Bronco Sport are good examples of this. They should've been unveiled by now, but we won't see Bronco until July 13 and no date yet for Bronco Sport. Ford flatly stated that production starts will be delayed at least by the 2 months their plants were shut down, and I'm sure other carmakers face similar delays.

Also, LX 600 what engine are we putting in...The V8 that is "reserved" for F products or something new...

Regarding the V8, Lexus has said they don't see it going into products below $90k and that's right about the price of entry for the LX, so maybe the LX could debut the next gen turbo V8 in LX 600? LC will be due for a refresh soon, and the LS is to have one this fall. Either of those could get it too, but I don't recall LC 600 or LS 600 trademarks.
It's my understanding that the "600" is a new Dynamic Force 4-liter twin turbo V8. Though this engine was mostly mentioned in conjunction with the cancelled (?) LC F, it was surely bound to be used in other Lexus models. Definitely no LC 600 nor LS 600 trademarks.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
So here's my question to this...shouldn't delays be say 2-3 months and not an entire year? Aren't these places open and running business again or are they still closed? For Lexus sake what is the status of all this in Japan? And not trying to push @Joaquin Ruhi if you don't know I get it just asking lol

And the engine is suppose to be the V8 we have been all waiting for got it.
Crap did that wrong!

So here's my question to this...shouldn't delays be say 2-3 months and not an entire year? Aren't these places open and running business again or are they still closed? For Lexus sake what is the status of all this in Japan? And not trying to push @Joaquin Ruhi if you don't know I get it just asking lol

And the engine is suppose to be the V8 we have been all waiting for got it.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions

I guess the answer to that varies manufacturer-to-manufacturer and even model-to-model. According to what I read recently, Toyota production in Japan should reach 90% of normal capacity in July, which is pretty swift progress. Yet, on the Venza thread on our forums, the first dealer deliveries won't start happening until November 2020 for a vehicle originally announced for "Summer 2020", so that's roughly a 3-month delay right there.

And drastically reduced carmaker profits and uncertain sales prospects due to Covid-19 provide a handy reason to cancel marginal or vanity projects. To date, the LC-F cancellation (if the rumors are true) is the first one I've heard of, but I suspect it won't be the last...

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
I do wonder if the all quiet front from Lexus is the COVID pandemic where people aren't out looking or if this new secret training facility has helped really keep everything super quiet (we know Lexus loves to be secret as well) but it just seems the longer they wait on all these products the more people are going elsewhere. Like dropping a few more hints on new products like a headlight or a wheel or something would at least peak interest right? We all sound like broken records no matter what thread we are on, but we are all looking for updates with Lexus and we just aren't getting them (yes we have a "new" IS).

Have other brands beside Lexus had products delayed as well? I don't follow the industry that closely besides Lexus and this site so just wondering if others are way behind as well?

@Gecko I think it would be great for the LX to go more away from the Land Cruiser. Both could have their own markets and not compete as well. Also, LX 600 what engine are we putting in...The V8 that is "reserved" for F products or something new...

Define "Delay". Bronco, Hummer rebirth have been delayed, either launches pushed back months. It depends

supra93

Expert
Reactions

Lexus NEW LX (scheduled to appear in October 2021)
●A full-scale SUV on its own line due to its distinction from Landcruiser

If the newly developed LF is a high-class sports SUV, this LX is a high-class offroad SUV.
The current LX is based on the Landcruiser 200, but of course the new LX is in parallel development with the new Landcruiser that is currently under development. In order to make the distinction clearer, there will be more dedicated design and parts such as interiors in addition to the front mask and outer panels after the C pillar.

The powertrain is planned to be installed in the new model with a 5.7L V8 gasoline engine that is installed in the current model. The debut will be after Rankle in October next year.

20200910_SCOOOOP_LEXUS_30.jpg

The LX is being developed in parallel with the new Landcruiser. The exterior is greatly differentiated (the image is the best car expected CG)

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
The 300 platform is a doozy...we have leaks saying the LX will no longer be a better decorated LC, then we have the chief engineer saying LC is wont be the same LC in years past (more affordable/WIP/affordabiilty), then we have rumors of the V8 being dropped, replaced by a hybrid V6, and now where the LC and LX are business as usual and development as usual with the return of the v8 alongside a hybrid.

I suspect this is part of a wild goose chase type marketing rollout plan thats part of Lexus/Toyota of current. Remember this is the company that launched a heavily refreshed IS by testing it under a mountain right lol.

Reactions
Hope not
The next LX supposed to be walk head to head with the next Range Rover Vogue and this rakish rendering is not elegant at all

The LX is the best selling Lexus in Saudi Arabia. I presume the focus group over there keeps asking for more grille.

Will1991

Reactions

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Do we have like any news on like an update of when this is coming out? I feel like waiting on new models from Lexus takes like what a decade??

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Do we have like any news on like an update of when this is coming out? I feel like waiting on new models from Lexus takes like what a decade??

LX has been out since 2008, so, longer 😂

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The elimination of the Land Cruiser in the USA makes it much more likely that the LX will grow to be truly full size and share a platform with the Sequoia, which is what I was expecting. I expect that the US Sequoia will be closely related to the global Land Cruiser 300, potentially like the GX/Prado relationship has existed.

Yes, TNGA makes it possible to have many different "platforms," but there is still efficiency in consolidating on common sized platforms like TNGA-K, TNGA-C, etc. My prediction:

TNGA-F "Full Size": Tundra, Sequoia, Land Cruiser 300, LX 500/600

TNGA-F "Midsize": 4Runner, Tacoma, GX 500, Prado

TNGA-F "Entry Level": Fortuner, Hilux, Rush

James

Founding Member
Reactions
The elimination of the Land Cruiser in the USA makes it much more likely that the LX will grow to be truly full size and share a platform with the Sequoia, which is what I was expecting. I expect that the US Sequoia will be closely related to the global Land Cruiser 300, potentially like the GX/Prado relationship has existed.

Yes, TNGA makes it possible to have many different "platforms," but there is still efficiency in consolidating on common sized platforms like TNGA-K, TNGA-C, etc. My prediction:

TNGA-F "Full Size": Tundra, Sequoia, Land Cruiser 300, LX 500/600

TNGA-F "Midsize": 4Runner, Tacoma, GX 500, Prado

TNGA-F "Entry Level": Fortuner, Hilux, Rush
@Gecko what years are these coming out?? 2025? 2030? Haha

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
honestly
i am starting to be afraid of something,

after the LX600 trademarked in Europe, i am afraid that the next LX is already the production version of the Lexus LF-1 Limitless and the rumored TX will take it's position but as Sequoia twin not as LC twin!

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Lexus has maybe done their market research and found out majority of buyers get the LX not because it is a Landcruiser with more luxury but because it simply is the biggest Lexus, closest alternative to Escalade and Explorer.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Lexus has maybe done their market research and found out majority of buyers get the LX not because it is a Landcruiser with more luxury but because it simply is the biggest Lexus, closest alternative to Escalade and Explorer.

Well their USA dealers have been very vocal they want the LX to be larger. So it seems that is what they will get. Now mind you the American competition offers SWB and LWB buses in this class. The QX80 is one size but larger than the LX. I have a feeling we will get one sized LX.

Next will the price drop? I mean the reason the LX is so expensive is because it is LandCruiser based and a pretty indestructible tank. The LX if going Sequoia based means Tundra based should mean a cheaper vehicle. I have a feeling though that won't happen.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Do we have any official confirmation that the LX will be BOF ?

I guess no until now

And as the LC300 will be discontinued in NA with my past rumours that I said from year ago that the LC 300 will be hybrid and will have even more luxurious trim

Add this to the newly fresh rumour about a sequoia based Lexus which maybe very much the TX so that may turn the next LX to truly unibody Bentayga , Vogue , X7 , GLS , Cillinan competitor

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
TX is not going to be a full size SUV with "350" and "500h" trademarks.