Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
From an LX 570 owner online, named A. Jacobson

The LX grows to be more of a presence on the road as well as a more aspirational vehicle for established guests and conquest guests. With the discontinuation of the Land Cruiser on the Toyota side there is great opportunity to grow share.
Specification wise, the vehicle gains standard 22 in. wheels and a 3rd row that folds flat into the ground. The vehicle also transitions to a turbo motor with a 10 speed transmission, which allows Lexus to increase horsepower to over 400 and increase gas mileage over the current model. Interior wise, the vehicle adds two touchscreens for infotainment/climate controls.
Lastly, the vehicle will add an F-Sport model and Executive Model. The Executive package will allow for a 6'4 guest to sit in the back comfortable, with the seats in a lounge position. The Executive also includes a Lexus First, of phone mirroring on the RSES screens.

The cancellation of Land Cruiser is not true by the way, but the information above is interesting and matches what 3 people have said to me this week. Maybe an LX 500 at 400 bhp is coming as well, then range topping LX 600? Good night, it's almost 3AM.

Reactions
From an LX 570 owner online, named A. Jacobson

The cancellation of Land Cruiser is not true by the way, but the information above is interesting and matches what 3 people have said to me this week. Maybe an LX 500 at 400 bhp is coming as well, then range topping LX 600? Good night, it's almost 3AM.

I bet the new "500" level motor will replace the LC and the LS engine. Their inconsistency is going to confuse a lot of current and interested customers.

I have a gut feeling that we may see the LC getting the TTV6 in the 500 guise, but we have a "550" with the V8. Having 3 separate engines in 3 different cars having the exact same nomenclature is dumb IMHO.

And just to clarify, no V12's right?

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Seems confusing. So will this new LX 600 be the LF-1 limitless or the Toyota Sequoia brought over to the Lexus side? From above from an LX owner named A. Jacobson states that this will grow in size, have 3 rows and have more horsepower. The LF-1 limitless seems too tight to have 3 rows. Not too long ago I suggested that Lexus keep the LX 570 based off the Landcruiser and bring the LX 570L based off the Sequoia. So maybe Lexus will have the LX 570 and the LX 600.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Seems confusing. So will this new LX 600 be the LF-1 limitless or the Toyota Sequoia brought over to the Lexus side? From above from an LX owner named A. Jacobson states that this will grow in size, have 3 rows and have more horsepower. The LF-1 limitless seems too tight to have 3 rows. Not too long ago I suggested that Lexus keep the LX 570 based off the Landcruiser and bring the LX 570L based off the Sequoia. So maybe Lexus will have the LX 570 and the LX 600.

If i had to guess, 500 = TTV6, 600 = TTV8 (low strung), F = TTV8 (high strung + hybrid?), but again conjecture.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
It's a really old engine... Even by Toyota's standard of (sometimes) keeping things running too long, they shouldn't go for the LC300.
Just to clarify I dont mean that they take the current models and rename them for a new MY. I meant that whenever said next generation, regardless of whats under the hood, theyre going to follow their trend of rounding up.

LS460 previous gen (4.6)
LS500 new gen (3.5 TT)

The rumor pieces available pointed to recently a hybrid V8 TT.

Another support of this setup was posted by someones public social accounts in some kind of recent dealer meeting where the Tundra would not be offered with a diesel, since there is a next generation powertrain coming with the tundra thats UBER powerful. I`d assume same modular frame, powertrain would be passed around.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
........so think more along the lines of Bentley Bentayga..... I was just checking out Bentayga few weeks ago at the dealer. Doesn't really looks than much luxuries than LX. Maybe 2020 will.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
........so think more along the lines of Bentley Bentayga..... I was just checking out Bentayga few weeks ago at the dealer. Doesn't really looks than much luxuries than LX. Maybe 2020 will.
Has carplay.....tho :)

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Nearly everything 2018/2019 onwards is either AA/CP backward compatible, or has it going forward (see RX 2020), I think.

LX GX GS IS will not have either, unless internally this has changed

they rely on old gen 8 and 9 systems i believe

Reactions
Okay, forgive me *****, I am posting what you told me in confidence.

In 2018, a Toyota dealer conference attended by members of the land cruiser/LX design team in the highest sales region for the LX 570, mentioned that the next LX will be a huge departure from the current version.
"The new LX will feel and look like an entirely different vehicle that isn't related to the previous LX or LC in anyway, besides the name, no one would even figure out it's even in the same class as it's predecessor. It will be very luxurious, so think more along the lines of Bentley Bentayga instead of land cruiser based 4WD".

If that happens though, I feel like the fully loaded versions of the LC (NON-USA) will be the spiritual successor of the current LX.

I really refuse to take credit for this information because I did not gather it myself. Nor will I name the responsible party, for requested privacy.

As for the new Land Cruiser, think Heritage Edition, ultimate TRD Pro, and early 80-Series married in modern form, on GA-F.šŸ¤ I'll let our other trusted member mention it themselves in full.

The Sequoia, think nuevo Tundra and biggest offering.
So next gen LX is basically the LF-1 concept? Rwd unibody suv?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
LX is one of the best selling global Lexus models, and in many markets, it is the most prestigious. There is no way it will be outright replaced by the LF-1.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
LX is one of the best selling global Lexus models, and in many markets, it is the most prestigious. There is no way it will be outright replaced by the LF-1.

Don't they sell like 5x more GX than LX? And I thought they sold way more LS than LX last year (LS seems to be outpacing LX as well as of the september sales report), no? The LX is pretty rare where I am at.

How should we otherwise interpret this from carmaker1 earlier:

In 2018, a Toyota dealer conference attended by members of the land cruiser/LX design team in the highest sales region for the LX 570, mentioned that the next LX will be a huge departure from the current version.
"The new LX will feel and look like an entirely different vehicle that isn't related to the previous LX or LC in anyway, besides the name, no one would even figure out it's even in the same class as it's predecessor. It will be very luxurious, so think more along the lines of Bentley Bentayga instead of land cruiser based 4WD".

If that happens though, I feel like the fully loaded versions of the LC (NON-USA) will be the spiritual successor of the current LX.

Hearsay i guess, but either way there needs to be a CUV top end offering as well.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Maybe my projections for the further out products was a little too pessimistic. New Land Cruiser might come a little sooner.

I can see this happening for Lexus utilities, ideally:

*2020 Calendar year (January 2, 2020 to December 31, 2020)

-2021 LX 570 goes unchanged, possible new standard equipment or special edition.

-2021 GX goes unchanged, possible infotainment improvements.

-2021 RX goes unchanged or minor changes.

-2021 NX unchanged/minor, with impending MY 2022 redesign.

-2021 UX minor changes

*2021 Calendar Year (January 2, 2021 to December 31, 2021)

-2022 LX 600 introduced on GA-F with IFS and IRS, powered by TT V6 Dynamic Force family and pointless bump in nomenclature, so as to cynically sell up LX 570 owners.
--Or as a GA-L based ultra luxury crossover. Lexus cannot make same mistake Cadillac did with Omega and CT6, by just leaving LC and LS on GA-L.

-2022 GX 470 unchanged.

-2022 RX has short MY run, ahead of spring 2022 redesign.

-2022 NX is redesigned on GA-K

-2022 UX is facelifted with new Dynamic Force powertrains and EV variant (?).

*2022 Calendar Year (January 2, 2022 to December 2022)

-Possible 2023 LX 600 as either GA-F with independent suspension all around or GA-L crossover in first half of 2022 instead.

-2023 GX redesigned in the fall of 2022, as GA-F utility.
--Or GA-L family oriented crossover (poor sales globally).

-2023 RX redesigned in spring of 2022, as GA-K luxury crossover.
--Or possible rethink of successful 25 year old formula, upscaling RX as large GA-L RWD crossover?

-2023 NX receives staggered equipment launches or no changes.

-2023 UX receives no changes.

I think doing this will hopefully space things out.

Will1991

Reactions
And what about CT and IS? Do you see anything coming? They are really old projects and really overrun by all the competition.

There is also strong indications a UX BEV being shown this month.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
BTW, everyone I will respond soon to each of you.

And what about CT and IS? Do you see anything coming? They are really old projects and really overrun by all the competition.

There is also strong indications a UX BEV being shown this month.
Because of this thread subject, I'm only meaning utilities. IS is coming, CT is in limbo. IS future is more secure.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
*2020 Calendar year (January 2, 2020 to December 31, 2020)

-2021 NX unchanged/minor, with impending MY 2022 redesign.

*2021 Calendar Year (January 2, 2021 to December 31, 2021)

-2022 NX is redesigned on GA-K

Does this mean that the 2nd-generation NX has been delayed? The last time you addressed the subject, you had 2NX (600X program code) entering production in July 2020 and going on sale 4th-quarter 2020 as MY 2021.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
If after 1 MY with a so-called Refresh, the MY21 GX gets infotainment upgrades.....WOW

Lexus would have officially screwed over their most faithful customers royally. I mean folks are paying $50k for the privilege of driving a reliable 10 MY year old relic at this point lol.

And I doubt this would be a retro since the the hw is Gen 8 I believe, and the only units with CP/AA are Gen 10 an above?