4th Generation 2024 Toyota Tacoma Thread

supra93

Expert
Reactions

next-toyota-tacoma-mule-spied-3-jpg.3239

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The tundra front end is pretty evident at this point. It seems like this generation of Tundra/Taco/Seq styling will either be enough for those who have been waiting for a ground up change in eons or toyota will have a case of the 9th generation honda civic and need an emergency refresh.

One thing is clear though, the tacoma will benefit on interior capacity, probably the biggest in class.

Last edited:

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
Hey...it has rear DISC brakes which makes it 100% better than the 3rd Gen.

I do NOT mind the 2.4L I4 Turbo at all, sandwich in the battery Toyota and we'll have a very "fast" and fuel efficiency truck. Always love the Taco, more than the Tundra itself.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Hey...it has rear DISC brakes which makes it 100% better than the 3rd Gen.

I do NOT mind the 2.4L I4 Turbo at all, sandwich in the battery Toyota and we'll have a very "fast" and fuel efficiency truck. Always love the Taco, more than the Tundra itself.
hopefully the power is meaningful rather then world beating on paper.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
@Carmaker1 points to a Next generation Tacoma (920B) due in 2024, will be solely sourced from these two plants starting in December 2023.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
So my earlier comments about this having the tundra face finally make sense. Apparently these spy shots are wearing Tundra parts and is not the final design; the final front end will be an ICE adaption of the EV truck.

Hats off to Toyota PR for having these so-called "leaks", quite convenient and truth be told, I'd like to be at these events with my grainy filter enabled dslr lol

Levi

Expert
Reactions
So my earlier comments about this having the tundra face finally make sense. Apparently these spy shots are wearing Tundra parts and is not the final design; the final front end will be an ICE adaption of the EV truck.

Hats off to Toyota PR for having these so-called "leaks", quite convenient and truth be told, I'd like to be at these events with my grainy filter enabled dslr lol
They probably had to, to show that products are coming, because in addition to Toyota's delay, there are other logistical delays.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
They probably had to, to show that products are coming, because in addition to Toyota's delay, there are other logistical delays.
I thought keeping things secret until they are ready to launch was toyotas mantra?

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
EV hype is selling by the metric ton, midsize pickup trucks idk, I guess I am out of touch.
Electric full-size pickup trucks are all the rage right now (Ford Lightning, Rivian, Cybertruck, etc.) but it is quiet when it comes to mid-size EV pickups.

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
Tfl is certainly not my go to channel however they caught more Tacomas testing recently. I’m very excited for this new truck. I love my 3rd gen and I certainly understand some complaint as the drivetrain certainly isn’t the smoothest. I actually don’t mind the seating position or comfort at all. I drove 5.5 hours with no stops and had no fatigue. I drove the new Tundra and it is super smooth and a nice ride but I don’t want to daily drive a full-size all the time. A hybrid Tacoma built somewhat for efficiency (not just power like the Tundra iForce max) would be great! I would love to drive a Tacoma that gets upper 20’s mpg. Spring 2024 will more than likely have me in the dealership forking over some money.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Thank you for sharing. TMC PR love it, you finally decided to upgrade the ole DLSR Potato cam, and straight out gave us 4K footage. "Spy Shots" in an empty parking lot, with all the angles, and let popular youtube hosts with big cameras come straight out and take "spy shots" while they are giving live commentary.

Bravo! When can we see the worlds first TFL ike gauntlet test on a prototype? They can sit in the bed with an Inspector Clouseau outfit and their 4k cameras rolling lol

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
Thank you for sharing. TMC PR love it, you finally decided to upgrade the ole DLSR Potato cam, and straight out gave us 4K footage. "Spy Shots" in an empty parking lot, with all the angles, and let popular youtube hosts with big cameras come straight out and take "spy shots" while they are giving live commentary.

Bravo! When can we see the worlds first TFL ike gauntlet test on a prototype? They can sit in the bed with an Inspector Clouseau outfit and their 4k cameras rolling lol
In all fairness they seemed defensive and saw them and began covering the dash. As soon as Andre said “hi” they all jumped in the trucks and took off.

On a side note does anyone believe this to be a 2023MY? I’m guessing it’s going to be a 2024, unveiled at Chicago Auto Show in February 2023.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
MY24 but launched in CY23.

Automakers will show you pictures only when they are ready, especially with the amount of TFL camera and crew presence.

Side note: TFL was in possession of LC300 spy shots from a chance encounter of the TMC mules way back when LC200 cabs were being used on top of the next gen TGNA F platform testing with all their gear. They were scared about posting that on the interwebs due to the strain it would put on their relationship with TMC.

Reactions
Carryover model. 'Moar Chroam'...said no Taco buyer

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
yea. I think next year we'll get 2024 4runner and in 2024 we'll get 2025 tacoma.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
They can add bathe a tacoma in literal mud, and the taco buyer will take 100