4th Generation 2024 Toyota Tacoma Thread

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
Watching these videos (and the new TNGA-F product launches) begs the question has Toyota reliability been earned during research and design phase of a product, or simply because Toyota has been able (allowed by purchasing customers) to build the same vehicle in great volume over almost a decade allowing them to revise and fine tune their product?

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I was poking around the configurator on Toyota’s website, and I noticed the Tacomas with 6spd manuals are all listed as having the detuned 228hp engine. It was 270hp. This applies to all trims with the manual.

Is this a typo on the website, or did Toyota decide to give all manual Toyotas the SR tune?

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
I was poking around the configurator on Toyota’s website, and I noticed the Tacomas with 6spd manuals are all listed as having the detuned 228hp engine. It was 270hp. This applies to all trims with the manual.

Is this a typo on the website, or did Toyota decide to give all manual Toyotas the SR tune?
the specs sheet has it at 270hp, so i think its a typo

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions

short story.
Went offroad
Front Passenger shock decided to leave its top mount.

I guess the first new consumers are really testing the truck and documenting the heck out of it for Toyota to do a failure analysis of what doesnt work.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
The TRD OR is definitely 270hp. Unclear about the SR. IMO, though, they wouldn't go through the effort of federalizing the 6MT with low output. I'd assume typo.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• Jack Hollis, EVP of Toyota Motor North America, said the automaker is assessing its options to determine what makes the most sense based on customer demand and emissions regulations.

He confirmed, however, that the company is "looking into both" BEV and PHEV versions of the Tacoma and full-size Tundra. The Tundra was last redesigned for the 2022 model year, followed by Tacoma last year.

"We're in the evaluation of both. There are reasons why a BEV can work and there's a reason why PHEV can work," he said, in posing the question, "What's the best mix of those based upon each of those two trucks or even for 4Runner or Sequoia [SUVs]?"