qtb007

Follower
Reactions
i would have liked to see the integrated automatic running boards like on range rovers. They slide out when the door opens and slot under the car when it’s closed. I believe the Benz GLS and Maubacj 600 has it as well.
I'm fine with running boards as an option. I dislike the fixed ones that are integrated into the bodywork.

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
I have no issue with the NX interior. The sceeen just dominates things. The LX will continue a kind of minimalist theme.

I read Motor trends Nx thoughts and they don’t like the NX interior but they somehow jerk off to the rdx Interior which is as busy and Non-luxurious as anything.

I dont get it

From a design perspective, the NX is good but when you have an upstart like Genesis who is designing gorgeous interiors even in their entry level GV70, that all the car reviewers are glowing about, then Lexus has to do better. The NX is a step up from the previous generation, but it’s just not enough. It will still be a sales monster, but it’s not going to excite enthusiasts and luxury fans who wants the envelope to be pushed. With the GV80 interior and exterior design being compared to Bentley, I hope the LX reaches that or surpasses it. It needs to be flagship level like the LC is (I hope they do an all saddle interior)

mikeavelli

Reactions
From a design perspective, the NX is good but when you have an upstart like Genesis who is designing gorgeous interiors even in their entry level GV70, that all the car reviewers are glowing about, then Lexus has to do better. The NX is a step up from the previous generation, but it’s just not enough. It will still be a sales monster, but it’s not going to excite enthusiasts and luxury fans who wants the envelope to be pushed. With the GV80 interior and exterior design being compared to Bentley, I hope the LX reaches that or surpasses it. It needs to be flagship level like the LC is (I hope they do an all saddle interior)
The GV70 interior is fantastic and arguably best in class. I think only the GLC with the carbon fiber comes close then it’s the NX. The GV70 is a slightly different target being RWD based, more of an enthusiast cuv. The NX offers technology the GV70 doesn’t offer especially with hybrids and plug ins.

the GV80 is a fake Bentley with a chicken wire aCuRa grill just like the 300c was a fake Bentley, I agree that interior is posh and very well done as well.

I see the LX taking a different direction and I don’t except everyone to oooooh and ahhhh. Having played with it I’ll say more after 12:30 :)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Hello everyone - here is the link for today's live stream. Just about an hour to go - I hope you're ready!

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Prepare your bodies.

also FYI genesis and Hyundai/Kia are brutalizing their capital and operational efficiencies with those interiors and designs. The headlight designs on the new Hyundais are insanely expensive and I can’t think justifiable for those vehicles. I wouldn’t be surprised if future updates are more incremental.

just like how the Nissan GTR is still thought of by most people as an affordable supercar killer, despite having gone up in price and down in relative value proposition. It’s mental anchoring. Most people rarely update their mental associations around stuff they aren’t super attuned to.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-10-12-lexus-lx-hero.jpg

The new Lexus LX flagship SUV is here, complete with a new 3.5L twin-turbo V6 and ten-speed transmission, dual touchscreens, and five grades: Standard, Premium, Luxury, and the first-ever F SPORT and Ultra Luxury trim levels.

At this point, the best resource is the Lexus press release — here’s the entire document along with all the official photos. Be sure to check back for a more extensive photo gallery live the world premiere event in Dubai.

The multifaceted LX brings unparalleled capability, luxury, and human-centered technology to the Lexus range.
The all-new Lexus next-generation interior and exterior design marries superior function with stunning aesthetic.
Standard Lexus Interface with dual high-definition touchscreens and an available 25-speaker Mark Levinson Surround Sound inform and entertain passengers with brilliant clarity and intuitiveness.
The LX range expanded to five grades...

Continue reading...

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I love it, and I'm hard to impress with BOF products. I don't think anyone is going to miss the Land Cruiser in USA at this point.

My only struggle is with the front end, but I love the rest of the exterior and find it to be a great update on the LX shape with Lexus' newer detailing and design language. The profile, sides, and rear all look awesome to me - I love them. Wheels are nice too, despite me thinking they looked boring in the teaser.

I do not understand the return to horizontal grille slats at this point in Lexus history and would have much preferred a mesh like the NX or LS. The F sport grille is nicer to me, but I dislike the extra blacked out accents on that front end. The front end is very similar to the current one - the overall shapes are nearly identical - but the detailing is different, and I would have liked a little more of a change after all this time, and a different grille (which the mesh would have accomplished). The blacked out grille rim and the extra blacking out on the F sport are a miss for me.

Interior is killer... I'm happy to see Lexus using a more straightforward design but with gorgeous detailing and luxury trimmings. VIP/Ultra Luxury package is awesome - this must be the "Bentayga-chaser" we heard about. I'm not sure why the LX has a smaller screen (12.3") than the NX (14"), but I'm also not on the "bigger is better with screens" train anyway. Black matte open pore wood is gorgeous and the other wood option "inspired by falcons" is neat. Interior is a major high point for me overall.

We got access to the UAE materials and perhaps most importantly, this is an updated version of the V35A-FTS and very different from the LS 500 indeed. I quote:

"It shares the engine block and cylinder head with the LS engine, but the pistons, intake system and turbocharger have been modified. it is designed to produce torque from low speeds and maximum torque as befits the LX. Roughly 60% of all engine parts have been newly engineered."

A 60% redesign over the LS 500's engine is a significant change and very impressive to me. After my struggles with the LS 500, this is very encouraging.

Overall, 9/10 from me. Really happy with it!!

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Wow, what a letdown. So much for all new, this is just another facelift to me.

I love how she immediately has to defend no V8 decision, sorry, we had all that garbage with the LS V6 too and sales have bombed. It won’t wash here either.

Also, why LS500 but LX600?

Lexus can’t just show us the LF1 concept then give us yet another Land Cruiser with a spindle grill.