2nd Generation Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ Thread (3cyl GR 86 Coming?)

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Last edited:

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Y’all, this is one of the greatest pieces of anything I’ve ever watched. Absolutely stunning review. And he LOVES the car!

The way Jason Cammisa roasted the majority of GT3 RS owners 🤣🤣. Thank you Toyota and Subaru for finally making it quicker than the ND2. I've got nothing but praises for this video, it's brilliantly done.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I never liked manufactures who intetionally optimize their gear ratios so they need only 1 shift for faster 0-100km/h times. It makes 2nd gear less usable and the shift from 1st to 2nd much jerkier. On track a short 2nd is very important to not drop out of power band in slow corners. I commend Toyota/Subaru folr not sacrificing daily drivability and on-track performance for slightly better drag numbers.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
I never liked manufactures who intetionally optimize their gear ratios so they need only 1 shift for faster 0-100km/h times. It makes 2nd gear less usable and the shift from 1st to 2nd much jerkier. On track a short 2nd is very important to not drop out of power band in slow corners. I commend Toyota/Subaru folr not sacrificing daily drivability and on-track performance for slightly better drag numbers.

You mean Corvette, Mustangs and Camaros? :)

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Both stock power levels, quite a big improvement in straight line performance, just ignore the ridiculously large 19" wheels on both of these cars, Kuhl Racing mainly does show car builds instead of track cars(ngl some of their cars are rather ricey IMO), that's why both cars don't seem to have much grip available in the corners.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Already doing dyno runs, I know dyno readings can vary a lot so don't take the results too seriously, but those are some pretty healthy figures, maybe the FA24's power output in the new BRZ and GR86 is actually slightly underrated?

Last edited: