2nd Generation Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ Thread (3cyl GR 86 Coming?)

Levi

Expert
Reactions
No f###ing way!

I was looking at current gen GT86/BRZ, you find used with very little kms for 20K, but minimum is 15K regardless of kms or year. With no new model coming, current gen prices will go higher.

Now my two favorite cars will have to be imported.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
My view it's like Renault and Nissan way of work
In Europe it will be Toyota more than the other TMCs
India and surrounding will be Suzuki as usual

Subaru , Mazda & Lexus sharing the other
Even though I feel the last 3 role keep decreasing

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Why Subaru's website specifically mentioned that this 2nd gen BRZ is "all new" and "completely redesigned"? So is it more than just an updated version of the current platform? Or are they using those 2 terms in a misleading way(hopefully that's not the case)?

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Why Subaru's website specifically mentioned that this 2nd gen BRZ is "all new" and "completely redesigned"? So is it more than just an updated version of the current platform? Or are they using those 2 terms in a misleading way(hopefully that's not the case)?
That is typical marketing language when a new generation is being introduced. If the automaker calls a model a "new generation", regardless of the extent of the changes -- some new generations were limited to changing only a few, but not all body panels -- it will be described by Marketing as "all new" and "completely redesigned".

supra93

Expert
Reactions
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142652

Countdown_Video_teaser1_Poster_1920x1200.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

qpF8PUi.jpg

XNGDuvS.jpg

3XzNLd6.jpg

nWgv0Qh.jpg

JKIOW8c.jpg

DWbCHIY.jpg

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
No f###ing way!

I was looking at current gen GT86/BRZ, you find used with very little kms for 20K, but minimum is 15K regardless of kms or year. With no new model coming, current gen prices will go higher.

Now my two favorite cars will have to be imported.

why would Subaru not importing BRZ to EU mean that Toyota wont do GR to EU?

It really has nothing to do with each other.

supra93

Expert
Reactions

supra93

Expert
Reactions

Subaru BRZ confirmed for Australia in 2021!

International reports that the incoming Subaru BRZ will be a vehicle for "America only" have been panned by the brand in Australia, with local representatives telling CarsGuide "we will get the next-generation BRZ".

In news that will cause a collective sigh of relief to whistle across this country, the next-gen BRZ is a lock for a local launch, with CarsGuide understanding we will see it in our market around the third quarter of 2021.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
So it's matter of TMC role distribution as I said before

TMC does not dictate what Subaru does.

EU sales September 2020
Toyota - 80000
Subaru - 2000

Together with very strict CO2 penalties, Subaru might actually exist EU markets or deploy more Hybrids/EVs from Toyota since they dont have low CO2 powertrains now. Like what Suzuki did.

They will certainly not launch low volume sports car that has high CO2.

On the other hand, Toyota has record share in Europe, has very low CO2 (lowest) due to hybrids and they will certainly launch sports/halo car such as GR86 - that is why they are making it.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I was thinking maybe something like RN for managing the process
But, I really agree in your view

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I was thinking maybe something like RN for managing the process
But, I really agree in your view

I dont think even Renault - Nissan manage it like that, internally those brands are still separate, and fight for their own market share and revenue/profit

In any case, except for Daihatsu, TMC does not influence decisions of Subaru, Suzuki and Mazda. They are all competing separately.