2nd Generation Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ Thread (3cyl GR 86 Coming?)

Reactions
The front end of that render above pays more homage to the A80 Supra than the A90 Supra.

oaqs37nvnkkfdc7n42eq.jpg

Ironically I don't see the resemblance to the A80 Supra with the GR86. Is it because of the rounded headlight covers?

To me the A90 GR Supra's headlights mimics the A80 Supra's when you look at how the lightbulbs in the A90 are stacked side-by-side to each other like the A80.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Ironically I don't see the resemblance to the A80 Supra with the GR86. Is it because of the rounded headlight covers?

To me the A90 GR Supra's headlights mimics the A80 Supra's when you look at how the lightbulbs in the A90 are stacked side-by-side to each other like the A80.

To me it is primarily the shape of the headlights, grill and bumper, and how they come together.

Reactions
Looks sort of bland, BUT it wouldn't be a deal breaker because you don't buy them for aesthetics. EIther way, will wait for the actual car and not just a PS.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
The only problem with the 86 is the current GT or the next GR is that their are no difference between the Subaru and the Toyota , no different at all!

supra93

Expert
Reactions
I believe the white one on page 4 and latest rainbow bunch were the only ones made from the spy shots. Everything else looks like they used the current car but added some styling cues from the test car.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
@supra93 , the same problem of the first generation

One car with 2 emblems
It should be 2 cars something like any other Avalon/ES, Prado/GX they need to make any change between them

supra93

Expert
Reactions
March 2021 debut

The FR sports created in 2012 by the joint development of Toyota and Subaru will switch to the second generation in March 2021.

The current BRZ has already finished accepting orders in July 2020, and the Toyota 86 is also expected to end sales in September 2020.

The basic chassis is a carryover of the current model, but the knowledge gained from the improvements made so far has been utilized to obtain the rigidity suitable for being called a new model.

The engine mounted on the high-rigidity chassis is a 2.4-liter, horizontally opposed 4-cylinder FA24 model. The displacement increased by 400 cc from the current type has a great effect on increasing the torque, the maximum torque has been increased from 21.6 kg of the current 2L to about 24.5 kg, and the maximum torque generating rotation has been reduced, greatly improving drivability. ..

Unfortunately, the price is likely to increase from 3 million yen, but it can be said that it is a full model change with enough value.

https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/190283