RAL

Reactions
I noticed the reveal video referred to the "Tazuna Interior Concept" ... hmmm ... ?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Honestly it looks like a grand slam without knowing specs. This is the substantial next generation that was rumored. The 450h+ will surely also have torque vectoring awd. We are talking about a 302hp plus NX that could get 40 MPG or so. And have a small EV range. Without sacrificing room I assume.

DOC4Lex

Fan
Reactions
I am not about sure about that Tesla IPAD screen it’s a bit weird but a welcome change

joepac

Fan
Reactions
They should have at least put that steering wheel in the 4IS...you know, to make it look "different" from the 3IS...

But the NX is a nice evolution from the last model which I loved.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
it is the most dynamic looking CUV out there. but needs rwd based AWD and the new TTV6 Diesel.

Sebass

Follower
Reactions
I'm not exactly contributing anything new, but I definitely do not like the interior. Visually, not much is going on, especially on the dashboard in front of the passenger. It's just empty space. I was really hoping that this car would take more interior inspiration from the ES, UX, LS, and LC, all of which have really good interiors. The exterior is good, but it's personally a little underwhelming. Still really good looking though, I can't really explain my slight dislike of it. Maybe I'll like the interior more when I sit in it, or we get a better look.

Sebass

Follower
Reactions
I am excited to hear more about the power-trains though.
I also really hope they push the official reveal sooner, seeing as this whole train-wreck happened.

Last edited:
Reactions
I am excited to hear more about the power-trains though.
I also really hope they push the official reveal sooner, seeing as this whole train-wreck happened.
I'd be happy with a hybrid. I live in the city so I can't reach top speed. Can't wait and is this built on the new chassis?
What are its competitors? Thanks

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I think I said this somewhere else in this thread, but my assumption is that NX 350h is 2.5L I4 + the larger hybrid system from the Highlander for 245hp instead of 219 like the RAV4 hybrid. That would be a nice - and needed - premium for the NX.

Sebass

Follower
Reactions
I'd be happy with a hybrid. I live in the city so I can't reach top speed. Can't wait and is this built on the new chassis?
What are its competitors? Thanks
It's built on the TNGA-K platform I believe, which for the NX is indeed a new chassis. Competitors would be the BMW X3, Audi Q5, Mercedes Benz GLC and GLB, Acura RDX, and some other models I'm probably forgetting.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Also this isn't the 1st leak from TMC in recent history. IIRC, the 2021 IS was leaked a day or two before the unveil and the Zupra was leaked every week for a month before Detroit.
Vid is back on YouTube.

To clarify, The 2021 IS was not leaked. Myself and LE were given teasers from Lexus to post. It spread from there. It was purposely done. The only sorta leak is rati rides posted a collage of images before the 11am embargo and he was told take it down.

The Supra did leak and I believe it was Europe who did it. That wasn’t on purpose.

Reactions
I'm not exactly contributing anything new, but I definitely do not like the interior. Visually, not much is going on, especially on the dashboard in front of the passenger. It's just empty space. I was really hoping that this car would take more interior inspiration from the ES, UX, LS, and LC, all of which have really good interiors. The exterior is good, but it's personally a little underwhelming. Still really good looking though, I can't really explain my slight dislike of it. Maybe I'll like the interior more when I sit in it, or we get a better look.
I am the opposite lol. The interior is better than the previous. I hated the old one. It looked awkward.

I'll be sipping on my cappuccinos while this car is in my home.

Can't believe Lexus pulled this off. The IS500 with that 5.0 V8 simply would sound great.