mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Exterior is a 👌👌👌 sheet metal worthy of Lexus badge.
Interior is a mess, something that belongs on Toyota not on Lexus. But there you have it your new infotainment. Hardware implementation and trimmings are average at their best.

Edit: such a shame they dropped UX radio controls on the arm rest, that was a good concept that had legs. Volume knob as well as ff, rewind, seek should be available on the hand resting position not on the screen itself where you have to raise your hand for such a simple task.

Reactions
Exterior is a 👌👌👌
Interior is a mess, something that belongs on Toyota not on Lexus. But there you have it your new infotainment. Hardware implementation and trimmings are average at their best.

Edit: such a shame they dropped UX radio controls on the arm rest, that was a good concept that had legs. Volume knob as well as ff, rewind, seek should be available on the hand resting position not on the screen itself where you have to raise your hand for such a simple task.
Yeah I saw the interior. I think they went overboard with the piano black plastics. Looks very similar to the Mirai, although that interior feels a lot more cohesive and flowing. That screen just could've been integrated better.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
So after this catastrophic leakage Which maybe the first ever leakage in Lexus entire history, I think they will forward the day of unveiling it as fast as they can!

Guys please as TMC deleted the video from YouTube so please delete the video and all the photos related until the official launch!

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Soooo we have F-Sport, F Performance, and Full F back right so is NX getting the second or third option? I've been saying it for years as well as a lot of members on this site a F Performance now or Full F of their SUVs would be an amazing site to see!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Hi All - this was a bit messy and clearly not planned by Lexus, so I want to thank you for your patience and understanding. At this point with the NX all over the web, it is what it is and you are free to discuss.

Thanks again.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Exterior is better, more uniform design starting from the UX and IS.

The UX interior looks more elegant though. I'm surprised the designers had to reinvent the wheel.

The shape of the dashboard + touch screen is more Camry-like and doesn't look appealing because of the lack of symmetry.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I could barely sleep last night. I have a timeline of pretty much what happened. My hats off to the leadership here who DID THE RIGHT THING and took the leaks down. It could be super super easy to have immediately posted it on the front page and drive traffic here. Thank you Kevin and Mike. We been texting constantly lol.

It is disgusting it was left up for over 8 hours at the site that hates Lexus with Lexus in the name. That is where it spread from.

As someone that is part of product launches for many clients, keeping quiet is key. There are no room for mistakes. It is sad to see this happen.

To the members that posted, it’s sure been an exciting week for Lexus.

I’ll keep my initial comments brief. Seem to be a hell of a next generation. I was told it was a big leap and from what I see, it sure as hell is. Loving everything about it. Without question I can’t wait to drive the 450h+. I like that name too.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Exterior is better, more uniform design starting from the UX and IS.

The UX interior looks more elegant though. I'm surprised the designers had to reinvent the wheel.

The shape of the dashboard + touch screen is more Camry-like and doesn't look appealing because of the lack of symmetry.
My thoughts exactly. Exterior is nice. Interior isn’t as nice as the UX.

mikeavelli

Reactions
So after this catastrophic leakage Which maybe the first ever leakage in Lexus entire history, I think they will forward the day of unveiling it as fast as they can!

Guys please as TMC deleted the video from YouTube so please delete the video and all the photos related until the official launch!

To be clear TMC didn’t make the mistake. The post production video company did. My assumption is they uploaded the video to their YouTube channel (I think they uploaded like 5 at the same time) and never made it a private video. So it went live when it finished uploading.

Benito

Fan
Reactions
Sorry that I posted the video and photos here, I’ve since deleted all my previous posts. In my defense I was so excited to see the next gen NX and thought that others might want to see them as well. I’ll refrain from doing so in the future if I come across these types of things again.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Sorry that I posted the video and photos here, I’ve since deleted all my previous posts. In my defense I was so excited to see the next gen NX and thought that others might want to see them as well. I’ll refrain from doing so in the future if I come across these types of things again.
You didn’t do anything wrong. What you found was pretty legendary. Never seen this happen before. This is a Lexus forum to share news. You shared news. And our job as admins and mods is to determine if it’s in everyone’s best interests.

It shouldn’t have leaked in the first place.

Benito

Fan
Reactions
You didn’t do anything wrong. What you found was pretty legendary. Never seen this happen before. This is a Lexus forum to share news. You shared news. And our job as admins and mods is to determine if it’s in everyone’s best interests.

It shouldn’t have leaked in the first place.

Thanks Mike. By the way, I’ve been enjoying your youtube content.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Soooo we have F-Sport, F Performance, and Full F back right so is NX getting the second or third option? I've been saying it for years as well as a lot of members on this site a F Performance now or Full F of their SUVs would be an amazing site to see!
Don't hold your breath!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

No worries. The thing to remember with stuff like this is that YouTube, Facebook, Instagram are "public places and property" now, so it's basically fair game. The Lexus Enthusiast staff tries to maintain a good working relationship with Lexus so that we can get things like the IS 500 advance information and exclusive, so being good stewards of the brand helps that to happen. We paused/hid a few links last night while waiting for a response from US PR, but the problem is that by the time this was posted, it was past working hours in every time zone here (11:30 ET) and nothing could be done. We did try, and everyone on this forum was wonderfully helpful and professional.

All of that to say... what you did was perfectly fine! The only person to fault here is the production company.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
All I can say is somebody is getting fired this morning ASAP 😂😂😂

At least some buyers will wait for the 2NX debut now (instead of going for competing offerings) that the product is finalized, I think it's a good leak.

That More... was captivating enough though we know how the current NX is lackluster in most aspects anyway so it wasn't hard to beat lol.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Two biggest things to me while I'm hyped up on adrenaline and late for my real job because of this NX leak:

- Rumors suggested the 2NX was a very dramatic design and sort of shocking. It is not. It's a nice and fairly expected evolution.
- Welcome to the new Lexus infotainment. Remote Touch is nowhere to be seen, and there's a huge (touch) screen within the driver's reach. If you zoom in on the interior pics, you can see the first shot of the new user interface with multiple inputs. This interior also makes it quite clear again that the Mirai was supposed to be the GS - designs are very, very similar.

Overall, I really like it and am anxious for details on the new "350" turbo 4.