3rd Gen Toyota Sequoia Thread (2023+)

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Capstone.jpg
I like the other photos of the Sequoia, but for this one my brain won't let go of "it's a hearse". Just add a landau top, LOL.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

You can build a Sequoia now. Starting at $58,300.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

1667325277963.jpeg

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
Spent weekend driving a rental brand new GMC Yukon Denali. Parts of the experience were really nice. Other parts were really poor. Parts of the interior would feel cheap even on a 10 year old Honda, I mean the fake wood trim was so laughable like why even try for $80-90K. Overall though, it just really left me wanting for a Lexus/Toyota of Yukon/Tahoe size. Sequoia feels a bit to small sadly. May be able to fit growing family of 5, but probably not all their gear. Too bad.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Maybe ride is bad with the Capstone big wheels/small tires. Something like the Limited should be fine. Also to see the space of this big truck is bad with the hybrid, the 4R/Prado/GX hybrids would be just unusable I'd imagine.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Ride quality has been panned on a few Sequoia models, so it's likely that Toyota needs to put work into refining the suspension tuning for next MY. Not a huge deal, IMO.

Regarding space constraints, Sequoia was engineered alongside the Grand Highlander planning for another 1-2 punch approach for maximum market coverage like they have done with 4Runner-Highlander and RAV4-Venza.

Sequoia, especially with TRD Pro, captures former Land Cruiser buyers, returning Sequoia buyers and move ups from 4Runner/GX. Grand Highlander will be larger with maximum cargo and passenger space covering Highlander move ups and conquests from Ford, Honda, GM, Hyundai, etc.

People are looking at Sequoia as "Toyota missed an opportunity" but what they are actually doing is creating two with more market opportunity.

mikeavelli

Reactions
As my wife seems like the LX 🤦‍♂️🤣 I’m low key looking at a TRD. I love it as is, might be the first time not modding anything. I know it’s not perfect but I just love the looks inside and out. Problem is trying to get one.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Ouch! Another damning review for the Sequoia.

The ride just isnt that smooth, pooh bear

DALL·E 2023-01-01 20.16.21 - Eeyore the donkey reviewing a Toyota Sequoia.png
For the record, i did not specify the dad shirt to the AI. Thats just the data talking.

Edit: i am starting my own channel please hit the bell or they wont give me back my son
DALL·E 2023-01-01 20.24.44 - Mediocre Car reviewer criticizing a luxury car.png

Last edited:

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
View attachment 6581
For the record, i did not specify the dad shirt to the AI. Thats just the data talking.

Edit: i am starting my own channel please hit the bell or they wont give me back my son
View attachment 6582

pull out the mens warehouse tuxedoes, friends, it's youtube premium time

past that- I'm surprised reading about the wide disparity in ride quality between Tundra and Sequoia according to reviews. If it was intentional for off-roading or something,,, it's definitely not having the effect they intended.

Trob20

Fan
Reactions
Got an opportunity to drive the TRD PRO at a local car show. That's a fun powertrain and has me excited for something similar in the 4runner. I can understand why I have been seeing more and more of them driving around my area.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Rant time:

Car Care Nut sells advice the way your wife's HS friend sell essential oils. Just like essential oils, his advice generally won't hurt your car. BUT, his advice is designed to convince you to part with your money needlessly. He isn't getting all of your money, but it's good for his business if everyone becomes convinced that excessive maintenance is necessary to get long life out of your Toyota. And he targets the psychology of the Toyota buyer. We all buy Lexus and Toyota and pay more for it because we want the most dependable vehicles. We're the prime target for his schtick. We already pay more money for dependability. So, he sows vague FUD because he has "seen what happens". This is GREAT for youtube views and follows -- which he also monetizes -- because fear sells.

In reality, he doesn't have ANY of the data. He doesn't know how the engine was built, how it was tested, what data was collected, and how the service interval decisions were made from that data. He generally doesn't even know how the car was driven prior to coming to him. He sees a broken car. He doesn't even get down to root cause analysis because he changes a part and gives the part to Toyota warranty team 95% of the time. THEY do the actual root cause investigation. Great for advice on typical problem areas in vehicles but not so good if you want to know why that problem area is a problem.

So, I don't care what Car Care Nut has to say about anything, TBH.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• Nightshade Package will be available on Limited grade
  • The TRD Off-Road Package is now available on Platinum grade 4X4’s
  • Standard Hybrid i-FORCE MAX Powertrain Offers Power, Efficiency
  • i-FORCE MAX: Impressive 437 hp, 583 lb.-ft. of Torque
  • Maximum Towing Capacity of up to 9,520 lbs.
  • Assembled in U.S.A. at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas in San Antonio