3rd Gen Toyota Sequoia Thread (2023+)

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Pretty harsh comments on the interior in that review. Any views on that?

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
The 3rd row is definitely compromised versus the competition... but if you want solid rear axle, it really is the only game in town.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Grand Highlander is going to fix a lot of these problems giving Toyota (another) two-vehicle solution per segment.

C-HR -- Corolla Cross
Venza -- RAV4
Highlander -- 4Runner
Grand Highlander -- Sequoia

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Toyota is betting that the offroad/pickup/used LC buyer/4R who needs more space crowd will like a true live axle 3 row SUV and forgive the space/packing constraints. Its a pretty big gamble, but I think the Sequoia faithful will come around.

Folks who have had tahoes, expeditions, etc may consider it for the powertrain/price/reliability. However I doubt it breaks the 12-15k/year unit average Sq normally does.

Side note, I dont know if this is a TGNA-F exclusive, but is the platform unable to accommodate a rear IRS?

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
It's actually pretty amazing the Highlander(250k sales) and the 4Runner(150k sales) co-exist and thrive under the same brand in the same category. I don't think anybody else has a 1-2 punch as effective in the midsize category. Ford and Jeep make a case, but sales aren't there yet.

The Sequoia (maybe next year?) would really benefit from offering a non-hybrid powerplant. So many positives:
-The removal of the battery could alleviate some third row concerns since the battery doesn't have to sit under it(lower floor)
-The curb weight would drop by about 300lbs.
-Lower price. The MAX powertrain is essentially a 3.5K option on the Tundra.
-Wishful thinking, but a 2 row option like the Expedition would further lower the cost and really lend itself to the used LC crowd

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
It's actually pretty amazing the Highlander(250k sales) and the 4Runner(150k sales) co-exist and thrive under the same brand in the same category. I don't think anybody else has a 1-2 punch as effective in the midsize category. Ford and Jeep make a case, but sales aren't there yet.

The Sequoia (maybe next year?) would really benefit from offering a non-hybrid powerplant. So many positives:
-The removal of the battery could alleviate some third row concerns since the battery doesn't have to sit under it(lower floor)
-The curb weight would drop by about 300lbs.
-Lower price. The MAX powertrain is essentially a 3.5K option on the Tundra.
-Wishful thinking, but a 2 row option like the Expedition would further lower the cost and really lend itself to the used LC crowd
Good points, especially the 2 row option.

Question though is why not offer a L versions like the competitors?

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I loved the feedback from reviewers
Really love it

It means the Sequoia is the base where they can start the next gen GA-F aka LCj400

Brickhead

Fan
Reactions
It’s odd the second row seats wont slide back or forth. This “form over function” symptom reminds me of the Lexus LS : bigger on the outside and smaller on the inside. Akio Toyota is driving Toyota/Lexus down the drain.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
Pretty harsh comments on the interior in that review. Any views on that?

The new Sequoia is also being dinged in reviews for less than stellar ride quality & steering feel over certain road surfaces as well.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
This thing looks sooooo good. In a lot of ways, it's more vehicle and more appealing than the Land Cruiser 300 - definitely a better vehicle for the North American market. I'd rather have a Sequoia, personally.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Capstone.jpg