3rd Gen Toyota Sequoia Thread (2023+)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I wonder if dealers will also feel the same way.

I assume they will. Dealers care about $$, and for the Sequoia to be much higher volume and go from SR5 to Capstone trims and everything in between, it seems like it’s probably easier to build profit into a Sequoia sale than a Land Cruiser sale. On the back end, there was surprisingly little profit and upgrade opportunity on a Land Cruiser for dealers and salespeople. I’ve seen the “cost” numbers for a Land Cruiser and was taken back by the margin — or lack thereof — for a global product that retailed for $90k.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
Try
I assume they will. Dealers care about $$, and for the Sequoia to be much higher volume and go from SR5 to Capstone trims and everything in between, it seems like it’s probably easier to build profit into a Sequoia sale than a Land Cruiser sale. On the back end, there was surprisingly little profit and upgrade opportunity on a Land Cruiser for dealers and salespeople. I’ve seen the “cost” numbers for a Land Cruiser and was taken back by the margin — or lack thereof — for a global product that retailed for $90k.
Interesting. I just assumed LC profit margins were sky high since it was so old and paid for itself many times over. I think those "base" LC200s we see in other markets are around the 50k mark with USD conversion. Of course ours was 90k but I didn't think it was 40k nicer.

Trob20

Fan
Reactions
One item that I haven't seen yet is rear seat entertainment. For a family hauler, I feel like that is an important feature. Would like to see a roku, fire tv, or similar type of device integration.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
I like the Sequoia better than the LX.
If they bring out digital mirror, HUD and soft close doors as an option, Im going after Sequoia instead of LX.

And this brings me to a question, what the hell is Lexus division doing?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I like the Sequoia better than the LX.
If they bring out digital mirror, HUD and soft close doors as an option, Im going after Sequoia instead of LX.

And this brings me to a question, what the hell is Lexus division doing?
The Sequoia was designed by CALTY for American markets, and thus it really is a homerun. LX was designed for its target market and its a home run there. If you need a BOF vehicle from Lexus, you are gonna be waiting for the GX.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
ADMs will certainely be delightful for dealers on these as well. With a sellers market, if Toyota can deliver it, a dealer can make $$$.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Try

Interesting. I just assumed LC profit margins were sky high since it was so old and paid for itself many times over. I think those "base" LC200s we see in other markets are around the 50k mark with USD conversion. Of course ours was 90k but I didn't think it was 40k nicer.

LC is expensive even in base form. Even Prado is expensive, but base spec is ok. Land Cruisers are never cheap.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
The Sequoia was designed by CALTY for American markets, and thus it really is a homerun. LX was designed for its target market and its a home run there. If you need a BOF vehicle from Lexus, you are gonna be waiting for the GX.
Then LX is a poorly targeted designed. Where is digital mirror, soft close doors, panoramic roof, etc.
If Sequoia can give those options at better price, it will further proof LX600 has limited features.

Motor

Expert
Reactions
“The current Sequoia is not made to be like an off-road thing, right? It was an afterthought, almost,” Herring said. “But [the new model] was developed from the beginning as a Land Cruiser, so the Sequoia has Land Cruiser DNA. This new Sequoia is much more off-road capable than the previous one, so it actually benefited from this kind of brotherly development.”

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
It makes me wonder why Tundra gets lukewarm reactions while Sequoia is universally praised, when the two are the same thing?

Motor

Expert
Reactions