3rd Gen Toyota Sequoia Thread (2023+)

Levi

Expert
Reactions
That means they're killing the LX more and more

LX needs quick FL
Makes sense. Lexus plans to go full electric/plug-in/hybrid. Electric TX (TZ?) will be a "big" CUV. Landcruiser will likely be one of the last ICEVs, and would rather become a FCEV. So LX does not have much life left, maybe for this reason they did not make it "out of this world" but just "Landcruiser +".

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Makes sense. Lexus plans to go full electric/plug-in/hybrid. Electric TX (TZ?) will be a "big" CUV. Landcruiser will likely be one of the last ICEVs, and would rather become a FCEV. So LX does not have much life left, maybe for this reason they did not make it "out of this world" but just "Landcruiser +".
Don't know, but the BOF TMC won't be gone anytime soon, I agree that maybe all BOF will turn to H2 especially after the continuous testing of ICE-H2

But under any circumstances TMC is very lazy designing the LX in the time they need it more European than ever, it turned out rakish!

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Don't know, but the BOF TMC won't be gone anytime soon, I agree that maybe all BOF will turn to H2 especially after the continuous testing of ICE-H2

But under any circumstances TMC is very lazy designing the LX in the time they need it more European than ever, it turned out rakish!
Yes, you are thinking of a competitive product in face of BMW XM or Range Rover, but those cars are the last breath of such type in Europe. iX is BMW's electric flagship for now, and I think RZ will do fairly well, being BEV, an RZ F would be developed too. Land Rover has nothing of the kind. Mercedes will have the EQS SUV.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Yes, you are thinking of a competitive product in face of BMW XM or Range Rover, but those cars are the last breath of such type in Europe. iX is BMW's electric flagship for now, and I think RZ will do fairly well, being BEV, an RZ F would be developed too. Land Rover has nothing of the kind. Mercedes will have the EQS SUV.
Looks like the future will be so black and white boring car world !

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
TX is the true RX-L that NADM dealers have been wanting for ages. Its only target is to split the difference between a potential GLS and Q7/MDX buyer to a happy medium. Third row is the focus, and soccer moms are the demographic.

As much as toyota wants to draw a line in the sand that says the LX/LC are two very unique products, its difficult. That being said this generation due to the ultra luxury primarily has probably drawn the most visible line in the sand between their two offerings. I look forward to what they have in store in the next generation.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

LX is one of the most successful Lexus vehicles, why wouldnt it have too much life left, Lexus does not like money?

LC is also not going anywhere, what Toyota considers a Land Cruiser (Prado, LC300, GX, LX) sells between 400k-500k per year these days. By far the most successful Toyota sub-brand.

Also I am pretty sure they are slowly abandoning FCEV plans for vehicles.

cookieyh

Fan
Reactions
Toyota didn’t give cooled/heated seats to second row and HUD to Tundra TRD Pro. Hopefully they don’t do the same on Sequoia TRD Pro.

Nights

Fan
Reactions

The LX’s biggest market by far as far as I’m aware is the Middle East, with Saudi Arabia taking the bulk of the sales. There’s no point in making it more “European”; that’s not what it’s targeted for.

I think the SUV you’re thinking of will be the upcoming EV models, in whatever form/shape they end up taking. Beginning with the RZ.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
^solid rear axle returns. Not IRS as speculated. Interesting.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
^solid rear axle returns. Not IRS as speculated. Interesting.
TGNA-F is indeed interesting that it an accommodate IRS and solid. I wonder if this was a motivated as budget restraint, offroad capability, parts shortage, and/or towing prowess.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
@ssun30 and @Sulu who have some generous insight into the technical workings of vehicles, anyone care to share if the I-Force Max systems are technical derivations of Toyota's experience with Hino or upscaled current Toyota HEV tech?

I bring this up, since @ssun30 mentioned early on that Hino hybrid experience would be used as a learning platform for these higher demand setups.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
It is a simpler setup like what they started using with Hino 15+ years ago. They had something else with it but it escapes me now.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Hybrid only (no gas-only powertrain) with solid rear axle both make this new Sequoia extremely interesting. Toyota really decided to change things up and position it as a flagship product — with the hardware to entice disenfranchised Land Cruiser buyers.

I’m really pleased. This thing is just awesome.