2022 Nissan Pathfinder

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
...but a new transmission from an outside supplier (Nissan's transmissions are usually from in-house supplier Jatco). Other automakers have had problems with this ZF 9-speed transmission.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Overall, I guess it's fine?

Same platform and engine is sort of surprising to me. The interior is not particularly appealing looking. Exterior looks like a mish-mash of other crossovers.

I hope this, the new Rogue, and new Frontier do well for Nissan... they need it. Badly.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Overall, I guess it's fine?

Same platform and engine is sort of surprising to me. The interior is not particularly appealing looking. Exterior looks like a mish-mash of other crossovers.

I hope this, the new Rogue, and new Frontier do well for Nissan... they need it. Badly.

People bought the last one and JC/Qx and they are awful. I’m sure this will sell fine.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Super generic looking aside from the weird C pillar that tries to split the difference on a floating roof. But it'll likely sell just fine.

The current duo is beyond awful. They are roomy for a 3 row cuv. It just goes to show cuv buyers don’t really care. What an easy segment.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

In short, the new Pathfinder is a step in the right direction and everyone is glad that the CVT is gone.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Anything and I mean anything is better than the last pathfinder/Qx. This is a great step up. Note optional 6k towing too