Toyota Land Cruiser Megathread (300, 250, Prado, etc)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I could do without the rear fender flare, but the rest of it is proper!

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Arctic Trucks AT35:

image.php

image.php

arctic-trucks-gets-its-hands-on-the-toyota-land-cruiser-300-3.jpg

arctic-trucks-gets-its-hands-on-the-toyota-land-cruiser-300-5.jpg

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I really love it, the LCj300 is way upscale and muscular looking than the LX600, in and out

Strange move from TMC honestly

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Anyone know why the allocation for Jp for only 5k? Were the LC200 sales not that great? 4x growth is astounding, almost like there is some kind of export/3p sales pressure

Nights

Fan
Reactions
In Australia, depending on the variant, dealers are talking about 9-18 month wait times. Popular indeed.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
V35A looks to be a very good all-rounder engine as is BMW's N54/N55/S55/B58/S58. Too bad it came so late, now being in the BEV transition.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Looks like the new CRAWL control learns to turn the front wheels left and right to find more traction as a human driver would do. This is extremely impressive for 20" wheels with street tires without lowering tire pressure.

Now compare it to Mercedes Rocking Mode which is the dumbest offroad tech I've ever seen.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
No comparison. The Landcruiser dug itself out driving forward, the Mercedes driving rearward in same previous track, not even that deep. The Landcruiser in comfort, the Mercedes in "brain concussion" mode.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I wonder what design principles used to come up with each tech? Both solutions are damn near genius level and show the attention to detail.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Most modern Mercedes-Benz models are pure poser material, cheaping out and cutting corners on the fundamental aspects of a vehicle and focusing on making the surface level stuff of their vehicles really bling and fancy looking to attract all the normies and plebs, sometimes I kinda wish Merc didn't went down this route.