2022 Nissan Z

supra93

Expert
Reactions
When will new Z be in showrooms?

Hey Peeps...just placed a deposit on the Z in one of the larger dealers in Australia.
he tells me they will only have 3 for their dealership on launch, and that then they will be drip fed as they don’t want to flood the market.
Deposit was steep ($4000) BUT totally refundable
Being from Australia we have a retail watchdog called the ACCC and the dealer has informed me that if they tried to sell cars over the RRP that they would be sued, and therefore there will be no dealer mark up so to speak.
They are guesstimating that the drive away price for Australia will be around $80,000 but of course as previously stated that if it’s cheaper that’s all I will be charged. Keep in mind in Australia the current 370Z Nismo still goes for around $70,000 and the Supra around $90,000

He tells me as long as there are no more delays in production ( and they believe that it’s actually ramped right back up again) that the cars are due in the showroom THIS DECEMBER.
With subsequent shipments around March 2022.

keep in mind this is all through a dealer, but the fact that my cash is refundable gives me hope that it is a honest relationship...if so the date that was knocked around about a May 23rd reveal would make sense

One last point...I was the second to purchase, so the dealer has already sold 2 out of the three cars he has coming.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Wow, that 3/4 front view makes the front end look much better in my opinion than the straight-on front view. I already think the rear is an absolute home run, along with the profile and proportions. It looks like the front could be a home run in person too. I am liking this more and more.

Also that blue interior option, huge respect to Nissan for offering an interior color in a sporty model that something's other than red. Toyota, I hope you're paying attention. Sporty trims or vehicles do not mean you ONLY include black and red interiors.

Agreed on the interior colors. Supra now only offers black (edit in the USA). Red was 2020 Launch edition only.

Last edited:

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Will we finally see it on May 23rd?

supra93

Expert
Reactions

image1-jpg.696

Reactions

Now it looks perfect. I think Nissan listened to the criticism and responded with this.

Honestly if the GR Supra didn't have any fake vents I would have still preferred that to this, but the vents are just so off-putting. This looks great in comparison and doesn't have any fake vents.

Toyota should've made the vents on the GR Supra real. :^(