2022 Nissan Z

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Since 2011, a number of proposals and business cases have been submitted to the board of management for Z35 program, replacement for Z34 Z.

Nothing has been formally approved and made it into production development. Endless clay models and sketches for years on end, only for Mr. Carlos ghosn to reject it in the end. Whether as CEO of Nissan or as chairman Post January 2017.

In early 2017, a fully redesigned Z35 was approved styling and all. As some work progressed on that vehicle program throughout 2017, by January 2018 it was again cancelled by Mr. Ghosn and Saikawa.

The car was very beautiful and one of the most high-end expressions of Nissan design language..

Was this the design you were talking about?

z-proto-alternate-design-2.jpg

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
I like it better with this photoshop reworked front bumper.

yu0rMpB.jpg
The straight rectangular grille works well with the old 240/260/280Z because they have a steel bumper running across it, breaking up some of the "emptiness". The exterior designers probably tried a little too hard to intergrate elements from the 1st gen Z, the rest of the exterior looks good though IMO.

Reactions
The Zupra is a great sports car and the Z will unlikely match it in every aspect imaginable. But the Zupra program is a poorly run project. Some say TMC has too many accountants. But I think they have too few good ones that actually understand finances.
Agree with most of what said, I think its too early to say the Z won't match the Zupra. The Z was the sports car of Japan during the 2000s when Toyota and the others dropped their offerings. Nissan made a killing with it and the G35/7, and there's tons of used ones still driving around. OTOH, the Zupra is not all Toyota and doesn't have a manual yet. At least Nissan listened to enthusiasts in this regard.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Until a corner comes up and this thing will probably understeer off the road desperately trying to keep up with the Supra lol. Slightly disappointed that this famous tuner sounds like he is as shallow as all the 12 year-olds(mentally speaking) on the internet.

supra93

Expert
Reactions