JJohn341

Fan
Reactions
Here is my Experience with Acura. We recently bought a 2020 Acura RDX with Advanced package, it has every option except for the SH-AWD. The car has about 12000 miles as of now. I love the car, for its tech(mostly) and quietness, and solid feel. But i am starting to loath the drive train as it is very unpredictable, sometimes the trans shifts smooth but mostly it is lethargic in stop and go traffic. Other issues include
boominess inside the cabin, brake squealing in the morning (Pad was changed), Squeaking Control arms (going to fight the dealer to get it looked at, known issue) , non reliable infotainment( AC/AA), constantly crashing and lots of rattles when driving over badly paved road and most off all stiff back suspension. Its just an unrefined product. nonethless i am going to hang on to it, just becuse i like the way it handles. None of the reviewers online mentioned any of these issues. I own 14 es300h which now has 105,000 miles. ES is my all around go to car, I take the ES when i want to take a relaxing long drive. Refinement is why I love Lexus and Toyota. same can be said about our Camry, Highlander compared to the CRV we have.

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
The question is not "even Porsche", but "why only now?". Because like Apple?

Yeah, for race cars I think it was double wishbone, push rod or some variant of multilink suspension that isn't even MacPherson Struts. Someone (quite knowledgeable but not omniscient) on another forum was BSing me that multi-links included MacPherson Struts until I cited a few sources that said otherwise.

I'm glad Toyota and Honda knows and they can be had on premium vehicles like the TLX and IS.

This is only for the GT3 and up too, right?

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Yeah, for race cars I think it was double wishbone, push rod or some variant of multilink suspension that isn't even MacPherson Struts. Someone (quite knowledgeable but not omniscient) on another forum was BSing me that multi-links included MacPherson Struts until I cited a few sources that said otherwise.

I'm glad Toyota and Honda knows and they can be had on premium vehicles like the TLX and IS.

This is only for the GT3 and up too, right?

BMW has double wishbone only on X5 and 5 Series, because cheap struts no good. Thus Supra also cheaply made because no SUV.

RX7 with DW all round was killer, even cheap CRX gen 2 had DW all round.

Reactions
I’m in a dilemma with this car. I’ve had my eye on this car since it was announced as a refresh and I finally sat in one recently. I was caught off guard with the drivers seat feeling smaller than my 2016 mustang I4. One side of me thought it meant a personal connection between driver and car. Other side of me was wondering if I would deal with that for 10 possible years. I loved the look and the interior. I thought the mustang was quality but this took the cake. The black wheels that come with the DHP were nicer than I anticipated in person. I still like the dark metallic wheels better. I still need convincing on those black wheels. I’m not familiar with why they are considered the upgraded version besides being lighter and forged. I may wait for the highly rumored IS 500 but it may be out of my budget. I’m growing out out of the “let’s race” in the street with other strangers with my mustang. I feel this would be a chill ride but also sporty when you want it to. Anybody else have a good comparison between the mustang and this IS? Is it a trade up, down or even?

Reactions
I saw an article showing how quick it takes to sell a new and used car in separate categories. In the new category the IS 350 is #2 selling one every 10.9 days behind the corvette every 10.0 days. This list had SUVs and CUVs on it and they are behind this IS. Thats awesome. I don’t see the same ones at my dealership after a couple days.

mikeavelli

Reactions
So I’ve heard last month was another great month with sales up huge. Sounds like 8 day churn and DHP cars are hard to find. Lexus IS blown away and super enthused with how the IS 300/350 is doing....

Now big poppa 500 comes....

#waitforit

Reactions
So I’ve heard last month was another great month with sales up huge. Sounds like 8 day churn and DHP cars are hard to find. Lexus IS blown away and super enthused with how the IS 300/350 is doing....

Now big poppa 500 comes....

#waitforit

You have any numbers of how many people are putting deposits in Canada and the U.S.A. for the IS500?