MichaelL

Follower
Reactions
weather it is on chopping block or not, has been already decided.

As to the IS vs TLX, 2021 IS has 350 vehicles in stock across USA, while 2021 TLX has >5000.

Nuff said.
TLX is way too big, wouldn't even bother looking at it. 195 inches long and 75 inches wide, this is GS sized, maybe bigger. Over 4,000 pounds, ugh. Looking for a sport sedan or a coupe, not something like that. No thanks.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

If you're looking for a sports sedan and want to stay within the Lexus brand, you'll be satisfied with the IS, but there are better options in the market. The IS has a lot of strong points, but the cabin is missing the X-factor that designers and engineers injected into the exterior design. We're fans of the red leather, but we really wish Lexus had made more updates.
There's no doubt the 2021 Lexus IS is better than the 2020 model, but it falls below the segment's standard.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions

... On top of being difficult to use, it was also dangerous, as it required the driver to constantly shift their attention to the screen. All of that has changed with the new touchscreen, which can be used at all times (even when the vehicle is moving) and offers a much friendlier experience. ...

According to the author of this review, the remote-touch mouse was dangerous because it required the driver to shift attention to the screen, but the touchscreen does not require attention shift to the screen? Do I detect some bias here?

Reactions
For the fsport dynamic handling package, seems like a big chunk of change for variable suspension, a torsen, and some trim upgrades. wish they offered a torsen as a standalone option for a couple hudred, but i guess they want to fatten margins by bundling it. does a torsen really make that big a difference in street driving a 300hp sedan?

Reactions
For the fsport dynamic handling package, seems like a big chunk of change for variable suspension, a torsen, and some trim upgrades. wish they offered a torsen as a standalone option for a couple hudred, but i guess they want to fatten margins by bundling it. does a torsen really make that big a difference in street driving a 300hp sedan?

DHP also includes BBS wheels which knowing BBS, are v high quality and well engineered. Try buying BBS wheels of the similar size,specs and of forged construction....

Btw, you still haven't acknowledged you were wrong about 2021 IS outselling the brand new, clean sheet TLX in Dec 2020...

Reactions
I don’t think I ever posted about a tlx outselling the is or vice versa? People here seem to be obsessed with trashing the tlx. We get it, it’s a flop.
Anyways, I guess I wish that the wheels were separated out a la cart like the RCF for $1500 vs having to bundle it with high margin options. I mean the lc you still can option the Torsen by itself for $460.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Lexus us beyond estatic for the IS’s amazing start with no marketing push outside some social media stuff. I’ve seen ads all over in January. Looking at multiple Lexus groups, people are buying it left and right.

Inventory is low as they are selling as soon as they land. So far it’s a home run. Not bad for a refresh.

Some cool stuff coming soon too :)

MichaelL

Follower
Reactions
Lexus us beyond estatic for the IS’s amazing start with no marketing push outside some social media stuff. I’ve seen ads all over in January. Looking at multiple Lexus groups, people are buying it left and right.

Inventory is low as they are selling as soon as they land. So far it’s a home run. Not bad for a refresh.

Some cool stuff coming soon too :)
Cool stuff coming soon? IS stuff or other models if you can say? Thanks

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I do have to say God it looks so good. It is growing on me. Now I can't get it cause we need a bigger car but I do like how it looks and I just wish we would get an IS 500 or ISf...

Reactions
Ironic since you started the sales comparison between the 2021 IS and the 2021 TLX. Now suddenly trying to act all innocent lol.

LMAO what is this sh*t-stirring? How am I trying to act all innocent? I back up whatever I say with basic logic, facts, and I don't say things just for the sake of being argumentative. Which clearly you are the total antithesis of.

@Gecko and I were calling out those who were bashing the TLX for no apparent reason at all. Which makes no sense because in reality it's the better overall car than the IS. The IS is selling well, great. But does it mean that it has more redeeming qualities than the TLX? The RX is another good example of this. Sure it has some redeeming qualities, but is it REALLY better than a X5 or GLE? No. What about the crap subcompact crossovers with tin-can 4-cylinders that manufacturers push out every day? Is it really a better product than a really good designed sedan or wagon? That's also a big, fat no.

mikeavelli

Reactions
No one said the TLX is a bad car. It’s a good car. It’s not like it’s an ILX lol. The facts are the IS with no marketing support was a hit and the TLX with all the support simply isn’t selling. The IS is a refresh and the TLX is all new. The TLX is their volume sedan and the IS is not for Lexus.

Also the aftermarket has noticed. There is already mods for the IS with a ton of stuff coming and pretty much nothing for the TLX. Let’s hope no hypothetical IS 500 debuts when their much hyped up Type-S debuts lol.

No one has noticed more than Honda/Acura. Things are in panic mode right now with that car. Even I’m shocked it’s being so poorly received by consumers. Maybe things pick up soon.

Good luck to it as we need more sedans to do well or another cuv is born lol.