Levi

Expert
Reactions
I hope the IS looks can breath back some life into Lexus sedans (next gen IS?) and sedans in general. This IS makes CUVs look even more ugly as turns out to be an anti-CUV statement. It will really be interesting to see how it sells, even compared to the ES. Imagine every ES buyer that does not want a better Camry decides to choose the smaller less spacious IS?

PS: sorry, I notice I am like spamming this thread.

Reactions
how do you guys think this compares to the G70 in terms of looks? I like the new G70 refresh look, better powertrains of course.

Reactions
Anyone gotten in contact with their dealers to see what these are leasing out for? I’d consider one (is350 fsport) if it was substantially cheaper than a 330 Msport. I feel like that’s the only way this car makes sense.

joepac

Fan
Reactions
Anyone gotten in contact with their dealers to see what these are leasing out for? I’d consider one (is350 fsport) if it was substantially cheaper than a 330 Msport. I feel like that’s the only way this car makes sense.
My dealer doesn't have em yet... I built and priced an is350 it came out to $55k. Performance wise is comparable to, albeit a little faster than the TLX A spec 4 cyl for $46k and the Type S is coming around soon. Still holding out hope for the "IS500" or I'm looking at something else. Since I don't really need a back seat the Supra is in the mix...

joepac

Fan
Reactions
how do you guys think this compares to the G70 in terms of looks? I like the new G70 refresh look, better powertrains of course.
The refresh of the G70 looks good! But I still get the impression that it's trying way too hard (subjective I know)... They do have better powertrains which is a huge factor and Lexus is kinda mauling it in in that category. That is, unless the IS500 is real...

joepac

Fan
Reactions
In love. The stance, presence is second to none. The exterior is so good, that you forget the interior (or on the contrary remember it? haha).

Like the LC that looks like a supercar, this looks like a supersedan.

Imagine if Lexus went all crazy like Alfa with the Giulia GTAm and made an IS F with TTV8, AWD with TVDs and AWS?
I drive a 2010 2IS so the interior would be new to me 😀 and I have stated it here before this should have been the 3IS. It just looks like the natural evolution of the 2is...i want one so bad (just needs 50+ more HP and I'm in! )... 😩

joepac

Fan
Reactions
Doug DeMuro strikes again. He totally trashed the new IS350 giving it a score of 55. I did not even find it worth posting here. I don't think it deserves the views either.
I think Someone posted it in the previous page. But yeah he slammed it.

Reactions
Doug DeMuro strikes again. He totally trashed the new IS350 giving it a score of 55. I did not even find it worth posting here. I don't think it deserves the views either.
You really shouldn't care too much about what Doug says...most people know that the reliability is still there, and that its still not overcomplicated like the other competitors. But even to Lexus, the segment isn't a priority anymore like the crossovers. Which is sad, but business is business. Give us that damn IS500 and the world will be better place.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Whatever the IS 500 will be, if, will be both a surprise and no surprise at all. Because it can be as much the TTV6 as the NAV8.

I do not know what I'd prefer it to have, the V8 is a gem, the V6 has immense potential to show what this engine is worth in a sportier car and if it is better (or as good) as the Supra's N58.

Reactions
My dealer doesn't have em yet... I built and priced an is350 it came out to $55k. Performance wise is comparable to, albeit a little faster than the TLX A spec 4 cyl for $46k and the Type S is coming around soon. Still holding out hope for the "IS500" or I'm looking at something else. Since I don't really need a back seat the Supra is in the mix...

Get the GR Supra if you care about outright performance and want a car that's a jack of all trades (but make sure you get an aftermarket part for the side mirrors, there's a load of wind buffeting at high speeds).

Get the IS if you like the NA V6 or if you're loyal to Lexus. But if practicality isn't an issue for you, the GR Supra costs basically the same as the IS while offering way more performance. It's really sad that Lexus has stuck with the 3.5L V6 for 14 years. 10 should have really been the max here.

Reactions

I stopped watching that idiot forever ago. He's absolutely clueless and his abject blind hate towards this brand is infuriating. I saw him having an exchange with this software engineer that works for Toyota/Lexus who works on the infotainment side of things and Doug gives a shitty boomer answer "just fix it". It's insane.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I stopped watching that idiot forever ago. He's absolutely clueless and his abject blind hate towards this brand is infuriating. I saw him having an exchange with this software engineer that works for Toyota/Lexus who works on the infotainment side of things and Doug gives a shitty boomer answer "just fix it". It's insane.

Agreed. He was already terrible, but lately he went downhill a lot.

Reactions
I mean is he wrong? I know this is a Lexus fan club and Im a huge fan boy but they really didn't try. Lexus gave us the absolute minimum with this product. They could have transitioned to the Toyota crown platform as rumored that would share the cost of development. Or debuted the new turbo 4 with a claimed 300hp as the base motor (I'm assuming it would have more torque and better mpg) and had us wait for a higher performance model. Does he constantly hate on Lexus? Yeah! However I find it justified, their poor product planning is almost offensive at this point. We can claim that the market is moving to cross overs and SUV's but where are the new models? I think his recommendation is valid if you want to spend your hard earned money on a vehicle thats on the cutting edge of tech and performance you're better off looking else where. Am I still hopeful for the IS500 heck yeah but even then if I'm spending 60K on a car I shouldn't have to settle for an interior from 2013.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I mean is he wrong? I know this is a Lexus fan club and Im a huge fan boy but they really didn't try. Lexus gave us the absolute minimum with this product. They could have transitioned to the Toyota crown platform as rumored that would share the cost of development. Or debuted the new turbo 4 with a claimed 300hp as the base motor (I'm assuming it would have more torque and better mpg) and had us wait for a higher performance model. Does he constantly hate on Lexus? Yeah! However I find it justified, their poor product planning is almost offensive at this point. We can claim that the market is moving to cross overs and SUV's but where are the new models? I think his recommendation is valid if you want to spend your hard earned money on a vehicle thats on the cutting edge of tech and performance you're better off looking else where. Am I still hopeful for the IS500 heck yeah but even then if I'm spending 60K on a car I shouldn't have to settle for an interior
from 2013.

The review is inconsistent and full of contradictions and he barely talks about driving.

He’s a tool. But since he has a ton of followers he thinks it legitimizes him.

Wrong it’s just a bunch of trash.

Reactions
I think this was the Reddit forum, where he does participate. I must've missed it if he said to 'fix it', but I remember where the employee did say that such things as infotainment are dictated by TMC in Japan.

joepac

Fan
Reactions
Get the GR Supra if you care about outright performance and want a car that's a jack of all trades (but make sure you get an aftermarket part for the side mirrors, there's a load of wind buffeting at high speeds).

Get the IS if you like the NA V6 or if you're loyal to Lexus. But if practicality isn't an issue for you, the GR Supra costs basically the same as the IS while offering way more performance. It's really sad that Lexus has stuck with the 3.5L V6 for 14 years. 10 should have really been the max here.
I'm waiting to see if the 2022 GR Supra 3.0 comes in the Manual... 🙏🏼

Reactions
I mean is he wrong? I know this is a Lexus fan club and Im a huge fan boy but they really didn't try. Lexus gave us the absolute minimum with this product. They could have transitioned to the Toyota crown platform as rumored that would share the cost of development. Or debuted the new turbo 4 with a claimed 300hp as the base motor (I'm assuming it would have more torque and better mpg) and had us wait for a higher performance model. Does he constantly hate on Lexus? Yeah! However I find it justified, their poor product planning is almost offensive at this point. We can claim that the market is moving to cross overs and SUV's but where are the new models? I think his recommendation is valid if you want to spend your hard earned money on a vehicle thats on the cutting edge of tech and performance you're better off looking else where. Am I still hopeful for the IS500 heck yeah but even then if I'm spending 60K on a car I shouldn't have to settle for an interior from 2013.
I'll have to slightly agree because reliability (and perhaps resale) is the reason why you get this IS350 over the competition. But if you choose performance, the Germans (S4/M340i/C43 AMG) offer more for the enthusiast-minded buyer at the price point. What do most buyers do is lease them and rinse and repeat in 3 years. Enthusiasts tend to get bored of cars faster than someone since they want to try newer things and will pay, so they don't hold on to cars that long to care about the maintenance.