mikeavelli

Reactions
Any word on how Lexus is offering the IS500 Launch Edition to the public? They should do it the same way Acura sold out their Type S.
Bro, the type s is not sold out. They sold 240 Units in Canada. And they said more will come. 240 units? Lol

Launch Edition is 500 numbered cars. There will be normal IS 500 production. Interest has been high already. I will be getting one. I would talk to your dealer. No real updates on the launch yet, it is in the fall.

Reactions
Bro, the type s is not sold out. They sold 240 Units in Canada. And they said more will come. 240 units? Lol

Launch Edition is 500 numbered cars. There will be normal IS 500 production. Interest has been high already. I will be getting one. I would talk to your dealer. No real updates on the launch yet, it is in the fall.

240 for Canada is hugely impressive. Like, that's alarmingly impressive. You're probably not aware of how things go in the Canadian market but given how Canada's population is less than the USA's population by almost ten-fold, that's an excellent rate of initial sales. Take the country that's in the focal point into context too. Not everything is like the USA. As someone who knows what goes on in the Canadian market, I can wholly understand why those original 240 cars got sold out on a whim.

The moment when Acura said that they're going to revive the Type-S brand, everyone was just eager to see what they come out with. I honestly wouldn't be surprised that most people were waiting for the Type-S to be fully released then jump on the opportunity to buy one.

The new TLX is genuinely an impressive vehicle. I don't give a sh*t if the vehicle isn't the most optimized in terms of packaging, Lexus has those problems too but that doesn't stop them from being amazing vehicles. Clearly they've done something right to get this much hype from reviewers and consumers alike. It's just sad that the IS500 just royally shut down the fanfare surrounding the TLX and I found that pretty dirty of Lexus to do, but I completely understand why Lexus did the bombshell reveal of the IS500 like they did. Fortunately for Lexus - and unfortunately for Acura -, Lexus basically broke the internet with the IS500 and their recent announcement concerning their intentions on doubling down on F and F-Sport Performance vehicles.

Acura has nailed the fundamentals of being a good luxury sports sedan and luxury SUV with the TLX and MDX respectively. SH-AWD is a huge Trump card of theirs and they should be extremely proud of it. The chassis is also willing to dance a little too.

I used to totally crap on the brand but now I truly respect them. They're getting their mojo back but unfortunately for them it's not something that Lexus isn't doing either.

Reactions
The new TLX is genuinely an impressive vehicle. I don't give a sh*t if the vehicle isn't the most optimized in terms of packaging, Lexus has those problems too but that doesn't stop them from being amazing vehicles. Clearly they've done something right to get this much hype from reviewers and consumers alike. It's just sad that the IS500 just royally shut down the fanfare surrounding the TLX and I found that pretty dirty of Lexus to do, but I completely understand why Lexus did the bombshell reveal of the IS500 like they did. Fortunately for Lexus - and unfortunately for Acura -, Lexus basically broke the internet with the IS500 and their recent announcement concerning their intentions on doubling down on F and F-Sport Performance vehicles.

Acura has nailed the fundamentals of being a good luxury sports sedan and luxury SUV with the TLX and MDX respectively. SH-AWD is a huge Trump card of theirs and they should be extremely proud of it. The chassis is also willing to dance a little too.

I used to totally crap on the brand but now I truly respect them. They're getting their mojo back but unfortunately for them it's not something that Lexus isn't doing either.

Hype from reviewers maybe but hype from consumers? These consumers sure aren't speaking with their wallets though going by current TLX sales.

I sure hope, for Acura's sake, that you aren't predicting huge sales for the Type S seeing as how the exact opposite happened when you said the 2021 TLX would handily trounce the 2021 IS in sales.

Reactions
Hype from reviewers maybe but hype from consumers? These consumers sure aren't speaking with their wallets though going by current TLX sales.

I sure hope, for Acura's sake, that you aren't predicting huge sales for the Type S seeing as how the exact opposite happened when you said the 2021 TLX would handily trounce the 2021 IS in sales.

LOL. I guess you're claiming like I am some bad omen?

I mean, the evidence is there. 240 units just sold out relatively quickly in Canada. As someone who's familiar with the Canadian market, I can confidently say that those are good numbers for Canada. Remember how you lashed out for no reason and called me a bunch of names when one, I never even said anything to you (and I barely even know you), and two, you made some seriously wild and damning accusations against me? You don't get points for being an internet warrior.

You then ran off later, and I DID in fact say I am happy to be proven wrong, and despite how much I strongly (and most enthusiast buyers as well) see the TLX as a better overall car fundamentally, I'm truly happy to see the refreshed IS getting this much acclaim, and actually selling better than the all-new TLX. Despite how much I love six-cylinder engines, the current package just wasn't for me at all until I saw the IS500 come out. Granted, the IS was always a very famous nameplate, and if I were to bet on which manufacturer can sell cars better, I'd pick Lexus over Acura 11 times out of 10.

My tone has always been the same throughout, and I've rarely made any BS claims my entire time here.

mikeavelli

Reactions
oops I did it again... lol
First set of RS-R active-I Coilovers (works with AVS)
First set of Apex-I full midpipe and rear exhaust with titanium tips
First injen intake in a 2021
20” ADV.1 5.0 wheels 20x9 and 20x10.5
Nitto NT555 Tires

Attachments

• C4B1AD89-024E-419B-9292-9FAB515650E2.jpeg
    C4B1AD89-024E-419B-9292-9FAB515650E2.jpeg
    353.5 KB · Views: 18

Motor

Expert
Reactions
As our test numbers reveal, the stock 2021 Lexus IS300 AWD is already a performance bargain compared to its IS350 kin. The fact spending a few hundred dollars on an ECU tune ought to unlock even more power from the IS300 AWD's V-6 engine only makes it harder to justify spending thousands more on a 2021 Lexus IS350 under the pretense of its dynamic superiority alone.

If a modern-day sleeper sport sedan is what you're after, then look no further than the 2021 Lexus IS300 AWD, which hides the heart of the powerful IS350 under the tamer bodywork of the more modest IS300.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I’ve helped a few people now secure a dealer in hopes of an allocation for the launch edition. I expect it to be completely sold out right away. The interest in the Launch Edition is intense and no one has even been given a price!

I gotta figure out who to pay off for 001 lol

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
with the CT4-V blackwinng starting around 60K what do you think the IS500 will be?

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Germans are long not the benchmarks except Porsche.

If Porsche made a 4 door compact sedan....but let's hope not. Porsche should keep it sports cars. I like the Taycan but they should keep the electric and suv's to Audi.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
You know seeing how good the IS looks just driving around just kills me that Lexus couldn’t keep the GS around and update it similar to the IS. ES just can’t do enough to make a GS owner happy and IS is just a tad too small…it’s a shame it really is as there is just this gap in between the IS and LS. I’m sorry the ES is just not the answer. The ES has its own following and it does great for that market segment but can’t fill the shoes of old GS owners.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Lexus should keep the double wishbone suspension in front on the next gen IS. Minimum hybrid powertrain for me, hopefully running on regular gasoline haha.

Watched a few 992 GT3 videos and write-ups and majority says the first ever double wishbone on a 911 makes it even better.

Even the Macan has double wishbone.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Lexus should keep the double wishbone suspension in front on the next gen IS. Minimum hybrid powertrain for me, hopefully running on regular gasoline haha.

Watched a few 992 GT3 videos and write-ups and majority says the first ever double wishbone on a 911 makes it even better.

Even the Macan has double wishbone.

LOL I watched the same PistonHead video and remembered how even the F80/F30 M3/M4 had mac struts while Lexus put the more expensive and better handling double wishbone suspension up front (although, it is more complex/heavier/more expensive than the mac struts).