jelly1928

Fan
Reactions
Also the aftermarket has noticed. There is already mods for the IS with a ton of stuff coming and pretty much nothing for the TLX. Let’s hope no hypothetical IS 500 debuts when their much hyped up Type-S debuts lol.

He knows something we dont...😛

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Acura should have enabled touch screen functionality. That's a big deal with some consumers haha.

Toyota has had touch screen for a while, Honda too. Lexus has only introduced it to the IS and the LS, Acura hasn't.

Lexus/Toyota reliability definitely helps without any marketing effort.

supra93

Expert
Reactions

■ November "F model" debuts one after another! Lexus "IS F / LS F / LC F"
Lexus high-performance model, sports model bearing the name of "F" appears one after another. The F model not only has power-ups, but also has chassis performance commensurate with its power.

3bdd94efa5d23b0663dd3bdf3f2b3516.jpg

The IS F will be revived in a way that replaces the already discontinued GS F. The domestic D-segment sports model surpasses the Skyline 400R

First of all, "IS F" set in the previous IS will be revived. The base "IS" has just implemented the Big Maichen, but the IS F will be fully revived based on that Maichen model. The power train is the V8, 5L DOHC installed in the "RC F", which delivers 481ps / 54.6kgm.

Last edited:
Reactions
dumb question but how have there been no spy shots or anything for the ISF? was just thinking about it since i see camouflaged BMWs all the time in my area in socal. they've done a bang up job keeping things under wraps...

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
dumb question but how have there been no spy shots or anything for the ISF? was just thinking about it since i see camouflaged BMWs all the time in my area in socal. they've done a bang up job keeping things under wraps...

They spent almost half a billion dollars building a test track, in part under a mountain if I'm not mistaken.

Explains how we had no heads up about the IS.

mikeavelli

Reactions
this is awesome, a great engine in the IS-F, with the potential of RR racing supercharger to add to it if more reliable power is needed. today is a good day.

I’m seeing tons of posts about their racism and extremist political issues. The exact opposite of what Lexus stands for. I wouldn’t touch their parts with a 900,000 foot pole.

And FYI you can’t modify the 2017+ models. No one has.

jelly1928

Fan
Reactions

■ November "F model" debuts one after another! Lexus "IS F / LS F / LC F"
Lexus high-performance model, sports model bearing the name of "F" appears one after another. The F model not only has power-ups, but also has chassis performance commensurate with its power.

3bdd94efa5d23b0663dd3bdf3f2b3516.jpg

The IS F will be revived in a way that replaces the already discontinued GS F. The domestic D-segment sports model surpasses the Skyline 400R

First of all, "IS F" set in the previous IS will be revived. The base "IS" has just implemented the Big Maichen, but the IS F will be fully revived based on that Maichen model. The power train is the V8, 5L DOHC installed in the "RC F", which delivers 481ps / 54.6kgm.

that black trim on the bottom of the grille makes it look like a nissan 😞

Reactions
I’m seeing tons of posts about their racism and extremist political issues. The exact opposite of what Lexus stands for. I wouldn’t touch their parts with a 900,000 foot pole.

And FYI you can’t modify the 2017+ models. No one has.
oh ok - I wouldn't personally added the supercharger, but always nice to have an option, the 5.0L is more than enough with those specs, will be a sub 4 second car, and will compete with the M3 base model pretty well I think

mikeavelli

Reactions
I’m working with Lexus on a second IS. Took it to the mountains this morning. Wow the car really shocked me, I’ve only been driving them around town but in the twisties, that’s what this car really wants. I mean it really was good. Composed, flat, good brakes, good steering. I do wish the transmission shifted like my LC.

And my goodness just look at it. It is beautiful.

348626B8-B393-47FC-B23A-9C1F737E221D.jpeg

More thoughts below

Reactions
Reactions
LMAO what is this sh*t-stirring? How am I trying to act all innocent? I back up whatever I say with basic logic, facts, and I don't say things just for the sake of being argumentative. Which clearly you are the total antithesis of.

@Gecko and I were calling out those who were bashing the TLX for no apparent reason at all. Which makes no sense because in reality it's the better overall car than the IS. The IS is selling well, great. But does it mean that it has more redeeming qualities than the TLX? The RX is another good example of this. Sure it has some redeeming qualities, but is it REALLY better than a X5 or GLE? No. What about the crap subcompact crossovers with tin-can 4-cylinders that manufacturers push out every day? Is it really a better product than a really good designed sedan or wagon? That's also a big, fat no.

No one forced you to declare with great certitude that the TLX would outsell the IS. NO ONE asked for your opinion but you willingly volunteered your opinion anyway. Now you've been proven wrong. Where is your basic logic, facts? Obviously they are absent. Now suddenly you want to appear above it all when you were the one who brought up the sales comparison between the IS and the TLX.

Just own the fact that you were wrong with your sales "prediction" and move on.

b.ba

Fan
Reactions
No one forced you to declare with great certitude that the TLX would outsell the IS. NO ONE asked for your opinion but you willingly volunteered your opinion anyway. Now you've been proven wrong. Where is your basic logic, facts? Obviously they are absent. Now suddenly you want to appear above it all when you were the one who brought up the sales comparison between the IS and the TLX.

587ad49b99f613bab5cdb53ddb6f5f62.jpg

I feel like this disagreement has gone far too long; I'm not going to pick sides either. Can we all band together to show our collective excitement for the new F-sport model (potentially the rumored IS 500)?!?

Reactions
No one forced you to declare with great certitude that the TLX would outsell the IS. NO ONE asked for your opinion but you willingly volunteered your opinion anyway. Now you've been proven wrong. Where is your basic logic, facts? Obviously they are absent.

Uh this isn't the kind of forum for this kind of talk. Everyone gives their opinions once they encounter new developments/news. Just because what I saw is different than yours does not mean that someone needed to ask for it. That's what forum posting is. Maybe I should spoon-feed that to you.

You'd get eaten alive in Reddit if you said that to someone because clearly you don't have a clue how forum posting works.

Also, yeah I've been proven wrong. Great. I don't think there's any debate. Is there? I said all those things before sales happened. Plus, I even told everyone, that just because a car sells well, doesn't mean it's really the better car compared to the competition. Examples are the RX and the ES. There are objectively better cars than them. But they still sell regardless.

I had facts concerning the information that we were given on paper. So that's enough to have a basis of opinion in your argument. A hypothesis per se.

Now suddenly you want to appear above it all when you were the one who brought up the sales comparison between the IS and the TLX.

When the hell did this happen from me you scummy f*cking POS? What did I say that was completely and totally wrong? Again, Gecko and I were just saying that the inherent bashing of the TLX is senseless and doesn't make the IS any better. You came like a wuss at me TWO weeks later after I responded to you. Did it take you two god damn weeks to figure out your answer and be an edgy keyboard warrior? F*ck you and piss off.

You don't deserve the privilege of the internet. If I ever have disagreements with someone, I NEVER go below the belt like you just did. And you coming at me like a f*cking boar who hasn't eaten in two weeks I wasn't going to let your bullsh*t slide.

I bet you wouldn't be this much of a b*tch in real life because you would scamper away like the swamp rat that you are.

Now see how that language above does no good for anyone in the process? Watch yourself. Jerkoff.

Last edited:
Reactions
View attachment 4637

I feel like this disagreement has gone far too long; I'm not going to pick sides either. Can we all band together to show our collective excitement for the new F-sport model (potentially the rumored IS 500)?!?

Really though. I don't even know what's going on. We literally didn't have a discussion for 2 weeks and I am just at odds with the current IS because I see that the TLX has a gorgeous new interior, a way better sound system, a stunning AWD system with great engine/transmission options. Overall a car that belongs in the 2020's.

I've appreciated the IS for a very long time but really though, the IS is falling apart, and as an enthusiast, the Acura is just the better overall car. The IS may be the most dynamic and athletic of the bunch but it's just down everywhere else.

I am really excited for the IS F though. That would be a huge game changer and would convince me to look at the IS.

I think everything I brought up was very reasonable and factual and did I no way deserve to get swiped like that. I never go below the belt at someone because it's truly a horrible move. That's not what forum posting is all about. Forum posting is about the exchange of viewpoints, opinions, and information. I didn't break any of these rules I think... Also to a certain extent I wasn't fully wrong either. The IS sells because it's a car that's from the 2nd biggest luxury brand in the world. That's no joke. Acura is way more small-scale and they are still punching above their weight. I am someone that gives credit where credit is due and this petulant child thought it was an attack at them.

Last edited: