Motor

Expert
Reactions

Last edited:

James

Founding Member
Reactions
It really looks so good, the best looking compact sedan ever IMO. Just beats everything, has so much potential. It makes the A5 Sportback and 4 Series GranCoupe redundant in terms of 4 door coupe.
Has so much potential but failed to deliver in the powertrain...just ugh Lexus you could have done it even without making a whole new IS but you failed to deliver what people want in a sports sedan...a halfway decent 0-60 time.

mikeavelli

Reactions
So I've had a 2021 IS for about 2 weeks plus and I like it a ton. I'm not going to rehash over what is familiar, the engine and interior. The touchscreen is awesome as I find myself using it seamlessly but I still use remote touch. I love the panarama camera system with front camera. I don't know if its just me but inside seems much larger to the point it seems fine for a family. The drop down seats are a big plus.

I have to remind myself the LC is the LC when I drove other Lexus products and not to be harsh because they are not 100k cars. The IS drives very well and is sporty. I have a loaded DHP with the limited slip diff and 19" forged BBS wheels. It is a proper RWD sedan. Could it be faster? Yup. Could the interior be more different? Sure....but here is their Ace card....

IT LOOKS BLEEPING AMAZING.

People couldn't stop asking about the car. Most everyone loves how it looks. The main negative seemed to be the rear trunk/Banglish rear. I love it. I found myself staring at it over and over. Life is too short to drive ugly ass cars and SUV's. This is beautiful. You will make people's days driving this beauty. It shows great taste as you will be driving one of the best looking vehicles on the road. The proportions and stance are very co-hesive. It even lost that usual huge Lexus gap and again the optional 19" wheels look great.

So for a refresh, I think it did it's job. Lexus seems to be aggressive with it as there are incentives already. I expect it to sell well and meet sales goals.

20201010_120556.jpg

supra93

Expert
Reactions
2021 Lexus IS Confirmed For Australia, Will Start At AU$61,500

Western Europe and the UK will not be getting the facelifted Lexus IS, but Australia will, and the first units of the sports sedan are scheduled to arrive at dealers on November 6.

The lineup includes the IS 300 Luxury, IS 300 F Sport, IS 300h Luxury, IS 300h F Sport and IS 350 F Sport, with pricing starting at AU$61,500 (US$44,077).

All versions of the 2021 IS feature LED headlights with auto high-beam, 18-inch wheels, heated and power adjustable front seats, dual-zone climate control, a 10.3-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, sat-nav and DAB+ radio as standard.

As for safety systems, the revamped IS comes with emergency steering assist, intersection turning assist, automated collision notification, SOS call and stolen vehicle tracking, active cruise control, lane tracing assist, road sign assist, pre-collision with pedestrian and cyclist detection, blind-spot monitor and rear cross-traffic alert+brake.

The IS 300 Luxury packs a 241 HP (245 PS / 180 kW) 2.0-liter turbo-four mated to a re-tuned eight-speed automatic transmission. The IS 300h combines a naturally aspirated 2.5-liter four with an electric motor for a combined output of 220 HP (223 PS / 164 kW), whereas the IS 350 boasts a naturally aspirated 3.5-liter V6 with 311 HP (315 PS / 232 kW).

The range-topper, which starts at AU$75,000 (US$53,752), features 19-inch alloy wheels, sportier body kit, scuff plates, high-grade LED headlamps, a five-mode drive selector, leather trim, sports seats with ventilation, an 8-inch TFT driver display and adaptive variable suspension.

Several option kits are available for different versions of the facelifted IS, such as the Enhancement Pack and Enhancement Pack 2, with the former featuring a moonroof, Mark Levinson sound system and power rear sunshade and the latter offering a moonroof, 19-inch alloys, high-grade LED headlamps, leather upholstery, ventilated front seats and premium audio.

Full pricing details for the 2021 Lexus IS are available below.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/10/2021-lexus-is-confirmed-for-australia-will-start-at-au61500/

2021-lexus-is-prices-australia.jpg

AU spec IS
2021-lexus-is-australia-1.jpg

2021-lexus-is-australia-2.jpg

2021-lexus-is-australia-3.jpg

2021-lexus-is-australia-4.jpg

2021-lexus-is-australia-9.jpg

2021-lexus-is-australia-10.jpg

Reactions
So for a refresh, I think it did it's job. Lexus seems to be aggressive with it as there are incentives already. I expect it to sell well and meet sales goals.
Not bad a start for sure, hope potential buyers know this!
To start, all versions of the 2021 Lexus IS get 1.9% financing for up to 60 months. There's also a 72-month option at 2.9% APR. To put that into perspective, the 2020 IS offers 0% APR for 60 months or 1.9% for 72, plus a $1,000 financing bonus. That said, early lease incentives on the new IS can be a mixed bag.

For example, those in the Southern U.S. will see the most savings with $1,500 in factory lease cash plus a $1,500 loyalty discount. That's $3,000 in potential savings, a decent amount for an all-new car. The underlying money factor is equivalent to 1% APR, suggesting that leasing could be the best deal at this stage.

Offers in other parts of the country can differ slightly. For example, those in the Central U.S. will see $1,000 in lease cash plus a $1,000 loyalty discount. Here on the West Coast, the IS has the same $1,000 loyalty incentive but has a $500 advantage in lease cash when opting for an IS 350 over an IS 300 ($1,500 vs. $1,000).

So is the new IS a good deal? We think it's a bit too early to make that conclusion since Lexus isn't advertising featured payments just yet. That said, the offers are remarkably similar to the 2021 Acura TLX, with the same 60-month rate and up to $2,900 in savings after a $1,000 conquest bonus when switching brands.

Thinking of picking up a 2020 IS at a steep discount? You may be more than a bit too late. National listing data reveals that inventory is practically non-existent. That's unfortunate considering we're seeing up to $7,500 in available lease incentives. As a result, waiting for the next-gen car could be the best bet.
Most dealers are depleted of the "old" 2020s

Last edited:

jelly1928

Fan
Reactions
Reactions
\

Really hope they know this is a just 2014 model with curricular air vents, WITH the price point of a relevant BMW

Yikes. Harsh haha.

I will say that the design is stunning and I expect the 3.3 (3.75?) IS to be the best driver's car that it has ever been. But other than handling, feel, and exterior design, the BMW 3-Series (the M340i in particular) wipes the floor with the IS as much as I hate to say it. It's just a way better car. Starting with that monster of an engine and transmission combo is unbeatable.

It's funny that while the 3-Series got better, the 4-Series got worse. I'd have a hard time deciding between a M340i and an IS350 F-Sport with DHP, but I'd easily pick the RC with its horrid Frankenstein architecture over the ungodly ugly and heavy 4-Series.

We're seeing a pattern here, their sedans are way better than their coupes. 😂😂

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It does not look out of place with those exotics. Such a good looking car and we are not getting it in Europe. Only boring and now outdated CUVs (except UX, which also is the best selling model).

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
We knew it was coming, but it's still weird to be reading reviews of a "new" IS 350 with so many comments about it being slow and not enough engine for the class. For any Lexus Enthusiast and a lot of compact sedan shoppers, the IS 350 has historically been something of a performance benchmark... hopefully IS 500 is a reality, because Lexus continuing to neglect it's performance cars is hard to watch.

Reactions
I feel like a broken record at this point but the lack of effort is astronomical!!! The car is still priced way too high when fully loaded no matter how great it looks a pretty face can only get you so far. I would love to see the IS500 come to fruition but it seems like too big of a step for Lexus to take with their conservative approach to basically EVERYTHING. Simply put I'm not sure how this makes sense when I can get a Camry that is able to provide almost equal performance and better features

Reactions
Yikes. Harsh haha.

I will say that the design is stunning and I expect the 3.3 (3.75?) IS to be the best driver's car that it has ever been. But other than handling, feel, and exterior design, the BMW 3-Series (the M340i in particular) wipes the floor with the IS as much as I hate to say it. It's just a way better car. Starting with that monster of an engine and transmission combo is unbeatable.

It's funny that while the 3-Series got better, the 4-Series got worse. I'd have a hard time deciding between a M340i and an IS350 F-Sport with DHP, but I'd easily pick the RC with its horrid Frankenstein architecture over the ungodly ugly and heavy 4-Series.

We're seeing a pattern here, their sedans are way better than their coupes. 😂😂

Isn't the IS350 priced the same as a 330i? The M340i is 10k more expensive than the IS350 comparably equipped so I'd be furious if it wasn't significantly faster than an IS350. If and when the IS500 F-Sport arrives, that's when it will get interesting as now the M340i can't rely on horsepower to make up for its handling deficit compared to the 2021 Lexus IS.

Reactions
Isn't the IS350 priced the same as a 330i? The M340i is 10k more expensive than the IS350 comparably equipped so I'd be furious if it wasn't significantly faster than an IS350. If and when the IS500 F-Sport arrives, that's when it will get interesting as now the M340i can't rely on horsepower to make up for its handling deficit compared to the 2021 Lexus IS.
These sedans are hardly ever transacted at their MSRPs. It will come down to the lease payment...

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Two advantages over the 2TLX:
-Touchscreen :)
-Port injected naturally aspirated engine

Advantages over German makes:
-Going to last longer and likely cheaper to maintain but most here lease anyway so it is probably not going to matter
-Better steering feel at least over the BMW

I would still wait for the hybrid IS and 2TLX Sport Hybrid for their specifications since I don't like the idea of paying premium gasoline ( much more expensive in Canada over regular, unlike in the US) on non-performance cars just so manufacturers can rationalize their engine line up.