internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
AWD advantage is only in the first 60 foot. After that, it is at a disadvantage. Higher drivetrain loss and more weight. Also, weight distribution also favors RWD better.

This is definitely true since the GSF and RCF are RWD with LTVD correct? Most competition with torque vectoring rear differential are AWD so at least Lexus has got this market cornered with the RCF and maybe the IS500/F?

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
This is definitely true since the GSF and RCF are RWD with LTVD correct? Most competition with torque vectoring rear differential are AWD so at least Lexus has got this market cornered with the RCF and maybe the IS500/F?

Correct. RCF back in the day was the first RWD car with TVD. I have had it for 3.5 years and TVD is amazing. Depending on the mode selected, it really makes the car behave totally different and it is very natural/seamless with the steering inputs.

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
Just saw this today.... simply beautiful in Infrared....

Lexus, I beg you, please give the design lead and design team of this IS refresh complete reign over Lexus design as a whole. Let them start with the next-gen LS as the fresh starting point for a new design language based on this IS.

It looks SO good, especially in the F sport trim with blackened details. Best Lexus design ever by far, and it’s not hyperbole.

Reactions
Not sure if pricing has been put up before:
2021 Pricing
Model #GradeEngineMSRP* 21MY
9502Lexus IS 300 RWD2.0L Turbo I4$39,000
9506Lexus IS 300 AWD3.5L V6$41,000
9510Lexus IS 350 RWD F SPORT3.5L V6$42,900
9516Lexus IS 350 AWD F SPORT3.5L V6$44,900
*Does not include the delivery, processing, and handling (DPH) fee of $1025

mikeavelli

Reactions
So the IS's I've posted have all been with the optional "DHP" Dynamic Handling Pack which then features the forged BBS wheels. You can read the press release on more info as they save weight compared to the stock F-Sport wheels.

Since all these cars are pre-production things are not perfect. Note the silver one above GNS posted has the stock F-Sport 19" wheels and has a rear spoiler. Oddly my DHP cars posted have no rear spoiler but they will come with one.

It also seems optional carbon fiber side view mirrors will be a choice.

I can only imagine it lowered with some ADV.1 wheels........ hmmmmmmmmm

20200929_163752.jpg20200929_163839.jpg

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I think Lexus is playing the pricing right... by condensing the lineup and options, they've also been able to lower the price on the most desirable model... which is still going to be a bit cheaper than something like a 330i. Even as old as it is, IS 350 F Sport is an attractive car for $45k.