GNS

Follower
Reactions
I know this sounds like heresy but I'd rather have an IS500 with a twin turbo V6 if it means the following:

• 370+HP and corresponding torque at low rpm
  • 0 - 60mph in ~4.5s consistently
  • RWD and AWD
  • 10 speed auto
  • Folding rear seats
  • No compromise to every day practicality
I basically just described the Genesis G70 / C43 / etc. but in Lexus form.

Last edited:

GNS

Follower
Reactions
But wait, there’s more! Ultra White.. red interior but it was closed...I am biased to white cars lol

Did the interior look like Circuit Red or Rioja Red? The red sort of looks like Rioja but it could be the camera, lighting, or the windows.

Reactions
I know this sounds like heresy but I'd rather have an IS500 with a twin turbo V6 if it means the following:

• 370+HP and corresponding torque at low rpm
  • 0 - 60mph in ~4.5s consistently
  • RWD and AWD
  • 10 speed auto
  • Folding rear seats
  • No compromise to every day practicality
I basically just described the Genesis G70 / C43 / etc. but in Lexus form.
This would be amazing but I can see a IS 500 with 416hp TTV6 and the IS-F having the same 472hp as the RC-F 5.0LV8. Wishful thinking though lol

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I can't believe how good that looks, they absolutely nailed the athletic shape of the car. I truly hope there is a V35a variant, especially since I think the V35a is set at exactly 416hp to pay homage to the original IS-F
is there any proof that it was done intentionally?

Reactions
If the is500 gets the TTv6 what do you think the likely hood of it coming in AWD would be? Launch control?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
An IS with V35 should ONLY come with AWD. No front-engine RWD vehicle with that amount of power-to-weight ratio could be optimally drivable. If not the manufacturer is just saving cost.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
An IS with V35 should ONLY come with AWD. No front-engine RWD vehicle with that amount of power-to-weight ratio could be optimally drivable. If not the manufacturer is just saving cost.
What about all the great sports sedans that have ever existed? A lot of them were RWD. Sure they may not have been able to put all the power down onto the pavement, but that's not really the main purpose of this type of car.

Reactions
are RWD generally faster compared to AWD? it would seem that AWD can put down the power better, but have more drive train losses, while RWD may struggle with grip.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
What about all the great sports sedans that have ever existed? A lot of them were RWD. Sure they may not have been able to put all the power down onto the pavement, but that's not really the main purpose of this type of car.
For some of us, it was not that long ago that AWD was not a widely-available option (a decade or so) and sports sedans, even super-powerful AMG and M models only came in RWD form.

Heck, I remember when we all drove big American iron with RWD; FWD was only available on tiny, fragile Honda Civics and 4WD was only on huge pickup trucks that families would not dare drive as a daily-driver. Come winter, we switched out the rear tires to snow tires and if that was not enough, we put bags of sand in the trunk.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
is there any proof that it was done intentionally?
It's a pure coincidence. The V35A-FTS is rated at exactly 90kW/L making it 310kW/416hp from a 3.444L displacement. And it's exactly 90kW/L because the max torque is fixed at 599N.m/442lb.ft through electronic boost control.

Reactions
AWD advantage is only in the first 60 foot. After that, it is at a disadvantage. Higher drivetrain loss and more weight. Also, weight distribution also favors RWD better.

so awd with high torque (V35A engine with 442 lb-ft torque) and launch ccontrol would be best for city driving and the occassional stop light races ;)