spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I’m with it now. It looks absolutely amazing... I’ll have updates soon

View attachment 4233

Mike, thanks for the pics... this easily looks like one of the most beautiful Lexi designs, ever.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Interestingly, I have heard a youtuber who used to work for Lexus say, Lexus will be introducing a TT V6 with 500 HP that will replace the 2UR in the LC500 and the new ISF will get the same engine to compete with the M3. RCF will be dead after 2021 so there will be no TT V6 RCF. Of course, that is all speculation, but it does kind of line up with my predictions.

all of those sound fake.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
For an F car I don't think lexus will ever use just a V6tt only. Either a V8 or hybrid V6tt. If I remember correctly there was an interview where something was said that all F cars had to have a V8.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
For an F car I don't think lexus will ever use just a V6tt only. Either a V8 or hybrid V6tt. If I remember correctly there was an interview where something was said that all F cars had to have a V8.

That is a very old quote. About 7 - 8 years ago. Things have changed dramatically in the last 3 - 4 years. All of the competition is going towards downsizing. Lexus has no choice due to the emissions standards. If the LCF comes to fruitition, it MIGHT have a TT V8, but there are rumors it has been cancelled due to COVID-19.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
That is a very old quote. About 7 - 8 years ago. Things have changed dramatically in the last 3 - 4 years. All of the competition is going towards downsizing. Lexus has no choice due to the emissions standards. If the LCF comes to fruitition, it MIGHT have a TT V8, but there are rumors it has been cancelled due to COVID-19.

5.0 to 4.0 is still downsizing right? Lol

Yeah I know it's a very long time ago but I'm making that assumption based on Lexus old ways of dancing to the beat of their own drum. And also considering the IS 500 might be the one to get the V6tt and all future 500 models. It's only right to make F line up continue to be special.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
TTV6 is nice for IS but too little for LC, which if not TTV8 is still better with NAV8, slower but more emotional. LC with TTV6 will still not be a GT-R R35.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Would a TTV8 ISF sell more than a TTI4 Hybrid C AMG? Or is the Merc badge still that important?

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
TTV6 is nice for IS but too little for LC, which if not TTV8 is still better with NAV8, slower but more emotional. LC with TTV6 will still not be a GT-R R35.

The game has changed. With turbocharging, the displacement is a non-factor. Like someone said above, Mercedes is going to turbo 4 cylinders for the C63 AMG and BMW is sticking with inline-6 turbo for the M3/M4. A TT V8 is useful only for generating north of 600+ HP and lots of low end torque is needed. Around 500 HP is perfectly attainable with TT V6 and around 3.5 Liter displacement while making sure the emissions are met. Packaging is also a big factor since a TT V8 with all of the plumbing, turbos, intercoolers etc. takes up a lot of space. Unless it is a large size car, I don't see Lexus using a TT V8 for a compact or a mid-size coupe.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Customers are very influencable and change their mind/opinion very fast. They criticized the GT-R R35, but according to what they ask or would accept now, the GT-R R35 is very up do date, even being over a decade old. This car was ahead of time.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Maybe my eyes are deceiving me here but did IS finally got a push-button parking brake? Welcome to '10 decade you silly '20 IS350 :)

All joking aside I've had very little experience with push pedal parking brakes and driving RC was so weird. I always had either a proper parking brake handle (wrongfully placed next to the driver and properly placed on the passenger side of the center console) or a simple pull/ push button, and later on with auto-hold feature.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Note how the roofline is now round ala 2/3GS. The IS has never had a rounded roofline.

Thanks for the video, Mike. Some of the little updates, like the wood (?) steering wheel go a long way with updating the interior. Car looks great... just hoping for an IS 500 or IS F.

Yeah the interior ain’t the high point even with the updates they made. But mahn that exterior had me drooling lol.

You know me, lowered on wheels it will be amazing.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Note how the roofline is now round ala 2/3GS. The IS has never had a rounded roofline.

Yeah the interior ain’t the high point even with the updates they made. But mahn that exterior had me drooling lol.

You know me, lowered on wheels it will be amazing.

They basically turned to LF-CC to bring it's design cues to production

12lexus_lfcc4.jpg