Reactions
CUVs aren't a trend, it's been 20+ years already. To use a phrase I hate, it's the new normal. Even the Germans are downsizing their non-SUV/CUV lineups now.
That is true...RXs have always been popular, but the "trend" is so big now that sedans fell out of favor. Sad.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
This is where I'm at, personally. There's no reason to buy a luxury car these days outside of aspiration or excitement, and Lexus is lacking in both outside of the LC. Mainstream cars are just so good now.
Late to reply here... but 100% agree Kevin. Which is why I've strayed somewhat from Lexus the last 3 or so years. I'm hanging from a thread with the UX. Lexus must step up the game now, and be that market differentiator they once were.

supra93

Expert
Reactions

cdf4d779342efd8fd313fba73a0ac51d1.jpg

Lexus IS F (scheduled to appear in November 2020, image is the best car expected CG)

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Wait what? ISF? Okay what is going on did they put all this stuff out a few months ago to see how we would all reach and then say oh s*** our fans are pissed? I am so confused with every new news from Lexus right now.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
20-09-03-lexus-is-f-best-car.jpg

A new Lexus IS F will have a surprise debut in November, according to a report from Japanese magazine Best Car. The car is said to be powered by the same 5.0L V8 engine as the original IS F, which debuted way back in 2007. Lexus has recently trademarked the IS 500 nameplate in several markets including the USA.
Lexus recently announced a second refresh of the current IS, bringing a more modern look to the seven-year-old sedan.
20-06-16-gallery-lexus-is-standard-fsport-7.jpg

Continue reading...

Reactions
honestly I might even rather have the twin turbo V6 from the LS than the old 5.0L V8 with 416hp in the original ISF, now if its the same engine was the RC-F I'd rather have the 5.0L V8 from that or from the LC-500 than the turbo V6 (even tho the turbo V6 still might be faster and more fuel efficient in the low end city driving)

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Lexus has not even made the 1st gen 2UR from the ISF since 2013. Not sure why Lexus would go back and re-create an obsolete engine rather than putting an engine together for it? Sounds absurd. To me, the TT V6 from LS500 makes the most sense if it is going to be a IS500.

honestly I might even rather have the twin turbo V6 from the LS than the old 5.0L V8 with 416hp in the original ISF, now if its the same engine was the RC-F I'd rather have the 5.0L V8 from that or from the LC-500 than the turbo V6 (even tho the turbo V6 still might be faster and more fuel efficient in the low end city driving)

Last edited:
Reactions
If they put the 5.0L from the LC500 (which I highly doubt...) into the IS-F and price it accordingly (below the M3) it would sell much better than the competition - I would buy it just for the sound alone if they make it sound similar to the LC500
Lexus has not even made the 1st gen 2UR from the ISF since 2013. Not sure why Lexus would go back and re-create an obsolete engine rather than putting an engine together for it? Sounds absurd. To me, the TT V6 from LS500 makes the most sense if it is going to be a IS500.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
That is not a realistic case since the chassis/suspension/brakes etc. have to all be beefed up to make it perform well, but that would mean it will cost the same as RCF. $65K base price. At the time, when the sun is setting on this engine (it was created for the RCF in 2014 and now updated in 2020 for the v2 of the RCF to 472 HP and there is no news on a 2021 RCF. The emissions targets make it a liability) so it is an old engine now. I don't think this engine has much life left in it.

If they put the 5.0L from the LC500 (which I highly doubt...) into the IS-F and price it accordingly (below the M3) it would sell much better than the competition - I would buy it just for the sound alone if they make it sound similar to the LC500

Last edited:
Reactions
That is not a realistic case since the chassis/suspension/brakes etc. have to all be beefed up to make it perform well, but that would mean it will cost the same as RCF. $65K base price. At the time, when the sun is setting on this engine (it was created for the RCF in 2014 and now updated in 2020 for the v2 of the RCF to 472 HP and there is no news on a 2021 RCF. The emissions targets make it a liability) so it is an old engine now. I don't think this engine has much life left in it.

I agree - probably why their calling it IS500 for the twin turbo V6 to probably compete with the C43, M340i and the like, if they were putting in the 5.0L it should be an IS-F, honestly the IS500 is not enough for me to buy lexus again, I was waiting for a vehicle around the M3 market, may save up for a used LC500 for the driving experience.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I’m with it now. It looks absolutely amazing... I’ll have updates soon

ADEF1DAB-F6E4-4FE2-A094-5B17D89E2828.jpeg

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Interestingly, I have heard a youtuber who used to work for Lexus say, Lexus will be introducing a TT V6 with 500 HP that will replace the 2UR in the LC500 and the new ISF will get the same engine to compete with the M3. RCF will be dead after 2021 so there will be no TT V6 RCF. Of course, that is all speculation, but it does kind of line up with my predictions.

Reactions
your talking about kirk? yea i hope its real regarding the 500hp output to compete with M3, I don't like the back end of the new 3 series design so lexus would be a great option here (love the new refreshed design)

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
your talking about kirk? yea i hope its real regarding the 500hp output to compete with M3, I don't like the back end of the new 3 series design so lexus would be a great option here (love the new refreshed design)

Yes. That is right. LC500 has a few more years so I can totally see the LC500 getting a mid-life refresh with the new TT V6 and a new ISF being introduced to compete with the new gen M3 while RCF is killed off with the 2UR engine. I think it sounds totally plausible.