Reactions
They all do it, Germans especially. "Pay to play"

True. BMW in particular seems to have cut down on their madness. At least in 2012 or so, you needed a few packages PLUS separate add-on options to even have decent build of a car. I remember in 2012 to even have UniCode support for iDrive and to have album art show up for songs coming from an iPod or iPhone, you needed to have a separate phone connector option for the center console (Connected Drive?). Bi-Xenons were also a completely separate option. At least now, options are way more consolidated.

Lexus generally has been ok with options consolidated in a few packages and maybe some add-ons but the issue is regionally, a lot of things (like ML) are just physically unavailable.

Kennyth

Fan
Reactions
Im entertaining the idea of getting this then having it supercharged. To echo some of the pervious posts the lack of power folding mirrors is annoying, don't get me started on the lack of led turn signals! It seems like the rumor mill is eluding to a higher performance model coming out but I feel like its unlikely potentially getting the new turbo 4 but only after it debuts in the new NX. Its such a shame that such a beautiful car doesn't have the power to back up the looks.
Seriously though Lexus is the only luxury brand that LED signal isn’t standard. Even Infiniti and Acura is slowly making then both front and rear led signal. They really pulled a cheap with the RX refreshed that rear lights are carryover unless you get triple beam you’ll get the refreshed taillights. If the Camry can get led signal on higher trims it should be standard on all Lexus models. I was expecting the IS rear signal would be similar to the ES and UX how it’s not LED but it acts like it but from the looks it the same ones on the rc.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Lexus and myself brought twin 2021 F-Sports with DHP to the biggest weekly meet in Atlanta last night. The response was overwhelmingly positive. Most commented on how good it looked, only a couple mentioned the power train or interior.

I think it’s going to do well. 72A4CE87-A38C-442D-9F5E-C6E443A500B5.jpeg

Seriously though Lexus is the only luxury brand that LED signal isn’t standard. Even Infiniti and Acura is slowly making then both front and rear led signal. They really pulled a cheap with the RX refreshed that rear lights are carryover unless you get triple beam you’ll get the refreshed taillights. If the Camry can get led signal on higher trims it should be standard on all Lexus models. I was expecting the IS rear signal would be similar to the ES and UX how it’s not LED but it acts like it but from the looks it the same ones on the rc.
Front is LED seems the rear is not. I’ll try to post a pic or vid of it.

Reactions
over/under on the is500/isf ACTUALLY coming out in November?
if they make it with real vents similar to the old IS-F it would be SICK, the new 2021 bmw m3 looks boring, back is dull, side vents are fake, front grill is terrible, the IS-F would wipe the floor with the M3 if they do release it

GNS

Follower
Reactions
Looking at Lexus Canada web site, I think Lexus Canada once again looks at the market differently from some potential buyers and existing IS owners.

For the fully-loaded model which is IS350 AWD with F-Sport 3 pkg, Mark Levinson is absent. They put it in Ultra Luxury package for IS300 AWD non-sport version. Just have no idea why any existing IS350 owner would get the new one. Lack of powertrain and falling behind its direct competitors are already a disadvantage. At least Lexus Canada could have made a better effort in packaging this already niche product.

The only surprises when looking at Lexus Canada offering are panoramic view monitor (360" camera) and heated gear shifter which were not mentioned in the press. Again, they put the panoramic view monitor in ultra luxury package for IS300 AWD non-sport version only.

You weren't kidding, I just checked out the specs and the only mention of ML is for the aforementioned IS300 Ultra Luxury. My guess is that they are playing games with the price and reserving the ML system for future model years of the F-Sport 3.

Reactions
over/under on the is500/isf ACTUALLY coming out in November?
There's no way this November. An old thread popped up from 4 years ago stating that the ISF was confirmed by lexus and coming out shortly hah. I don't doubt an is500 is coming out, my question is if it's a v8 or v6tt.

jelly1928

Fan
Reactions
There's no way this November. An old thread popped up from 4 years ago stating that the ISF was confirmed by lexus and coming out shortly hah. I don't doubt an is500 is coming out, my question is if it's a v8 or v6tt.

yeah I dont think so either. Super sad since I'm in the market for a new car and really want an F, coming from a BMW 550i. New IS looks gorgeous (best in the business) from the front but the lack of power/competitiveness and the rear prius vibes it gives off kills it for me 😞

jelly1928

Fan
Reactions

How much BS is being spewed here by the broker? Saying that there is a 'limited run' IS500 and they're taking deposits now.

Wow and taking deposits!? I wonder why would Lexus want to not start advertising/start building hype around the IS500 if it is actually happening? Being a "limited run" model this would make them a killing

GNS

Follower
Reactions
Wow and taking deposits!? I wonder why would Lexus want to not start advertising/start building hype around the IS500 if it is actually happening? Being a "limited run" model this would make them a killing

Watch that it turns out to be just a spoiler, lip kit and some 20" wheels.

Reactions
"Limited run is500" ???? I don't see why they would do a limited run, frankly they should be trying to sell as many as possible seems like lackluster marketing tactic in order to instill a false sense of exclusivity. That being said I'm very excited for it to come but to my knowledge there hasn't been any info released.

jelly1928

Fan
Reactions
"Limited run is500" ???? I don't see why they would do a limited run, frankly they should be trying to sell as many as possible seems like lackluster marketing tactic in order to instill a false sense of exclusivity. That being said I'm very excited for it to come but to my knowledge there hasn't been any info released.

yeah lol and how is it outside of this guy, there is NO news of it at all. I went to the Lexus dealership in Sep to test drive an RCF and told them I wanted to wait for the IS500 to come out before committing and it was their first time hearing about it

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
That's really disappointing. It's actually the first thing I look at in every refresh and I can't believe they are doing this over and over again and now in a 2021 model. Luckily I don't have a plan to upgrade my cars but next time I will definitely include German cars into my considerations.