2021 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Ultimate Premium SUV Redefined With New Grand Wagoneer Concept
  • Rooted in Jeep® brand heritage, Wagoneer will become a portfolio of vehicles that redefines “American Premium” and delivers a unique customer experience
  • Wagoneer will deliver capable, innovative, authentic vehicles with premium design cues and technology to a new, distinctive and more affluent array of customers
  • Sophisticated and authentic Wagoneer portfolio expands reach into large SUV and premium space, extending well beyond current Jeep lineup
  • Packed with ultra-premium, leading-edge features and technology, new Grand Wagoneer Concept exudes American craftsmanship and heritage
  • Stunning exterior design and spacious, upscale, ultra-comfortable interior of Grand Wagoneer Concept provide vision of what production vehicle could be
  • Grand Wagoneer Concept is a modern expression of the original, ultimate, premium SUV
  • Sustainable materials are incorporated throughout the premium interior
  • Grand Wagoneer Concept includes an advanced electric-vehicle powertrain, hinting at sophisticated, fun-to-drive, on- and off-road performance, leading 4x4 capability and a zero-emission, near-silent driving experience
  • Born in America in 1962, Wagoneer evolved to Grand Wagoneer for 1984, boasting then-unheard-of standard features in an SUV
  • Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer production vehicles to be built in metro Detroit next year

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Extremely impressive. I think this has the ability to upset both the large mainstream (Expedition, Tahoe, Sequoia) and luxury SUV classes in a big way. Jeep has a unique advantage as a mainstream brand people will pay luxury money for, so I'm excited to see how this comes together in production form.

... you still won't catch me 100 feet from owning an FCA product 😬

Reactions
... you still won't catch me 100 feet from owning an FCA product 😬
Finally
giphy.gif

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
good for them
they need it to compete again with the top from GM & Ford
plus to make all FCA much valuable in the time of it's merge with PSA

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
My neighbor two doors down owns a Jeep dealership amongst many other car brand dealerships. Get a couple margaritas in him and he'll tell you he'd never in his life own a jeep or trust one on a long road trip. But he tells me the Jeep service department is a goldmine. $100k for this? Pretty yes, but in no way do I expect this vehicle is built to last anything longer than the initial 3 year lease. At best.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
My neighbor two doors down owns a Jeep dealership amongst many other car brand dealerships. Get a couple margaritas in him and he'll tell you he'd never in his life own a jeep or trust one on a long road trip. But he tells me the Jeep service department is a goldmine. $100k for this? Pretty yes, but in no way do I expect this vehicle is built to last anything longer than the initial 3 year lease. At best.

Two things. First, I don't know your neighbor, and I'm not trying to be intentionally rude, but, IMO, any dealership-owner who gulps down Margaritas (or any other strong alcoholic beverage) that quickly, without thinking, is probably not a very responsible owner....he better have some good assistants helping him out. Second, I wouldn't go out on a limb too far on that prediction of the latest Jeep necessarily being a breakdown waiting to happen the day after the warranty expires. The auto world is full of surprises, the past is not necessarily a prediction of the future, and otherwise unreliable companies sometimes turn out reliable products......and vice-versa.

And, BTW.....welcome to LE. 🙂 I see you are an almost-brand-new poster.

Last edited:

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
He's actually an exceptional businessman. What he shares in confidence is kept in confidence other than an extremely anonymous post here. I actually value his honesty as he's not a car "salesman." The Jeep dealership makes money, so it is a business decision. But he wholly believes they're an inferior product compared with vehicles from some other brands he also sells.

I don't know where I stated he gulps down beverages "quickly" but I think you jumped to a pretty damning conclusion.

But he's not the point.

Thanks for the back-handed welcome though. Similar to the latter portion of your post, I'd recommend against judging people who post on here simply by the quantity of prior posts.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
First, I don't know your neighbor, and I'm not trying to be intentionally rude, but, IMO, any dealership-owner who gulps down Margaritas (or any other strong alcoholic beverage) that quickly, without thinking, is probably not a very responsible owner....

Mike, this is a little crazy. It's ok for someone to gulp margaritas, wine, beer or whatever they want, and there is absolutely no correlation to that being a bad business owner. Yeah, maybe if you do it 6 hours a day, monday-friday, but thats not what we're talking about.

Reactions: RAL

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
OK, Folks. Like I said, I wasn't trying to be rude, but, since some of you don't agree, I'll drop the subject.

Reactions
He's actually an exceptional businessman. What he shares in confidence is kept in confidence other than an extremely anonymous post here. I actually value his honesty as he's not a car "salesman." The Jeep dealership makes money, so it is a business decision. But he wholly believes they're an inferior product compared with vehicles from some other brands he also sells.

I don't know where I stated he gulps down beverages "quickly" but I think you jumped to a pretty damning conclusion.

But he's not the point.

Thanks for the back-handed welcome though. Similar to the latter portion of your post, I'd recommend against judging people who post on here simply by the quantity of prior posts.

Bruh jesus christ well that's one hell of an entrance if I may say so myself LOL.

Hopefully everything is chill now.

Welcome.