4th Generation Toyota Highlander (and Grand Highlander) Thread

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
If it's going to be primarily made by Mazda then there won't be a V6. If there's no V6 version, then I'm out.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
If it's going to be primarily made by Mazda then there won't be a V6. If there's no V6 version, then I'm out.
Sadly, you're right about that. Even as full-fledged Toyota products, neither the current RAV4 nor JDM Harrier nor Lexus NX offer a V6 option, either. Sounds like Highlander and RX will be the smallest Toyota/Lexus crossovers to offer a V6 unless, by some miracle, the next NX offers one. I wouldn't bet on it, though.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I mean even after the next new generation RX appears, you will find the Highlander better design wise, same as the current and previous models

Motor

Expert
Reactions
^I feel the opposite about that.

Here's another video:

It looks fantastic in red.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Sadly, you're right about that. Even as full-fledged Toyota products, neither the current RAV4 nor JDM Harrier nor Lexus NX offer a V6 option, either. Sounds like Highlander and RX will be the smallest Toyota/Lexus crossovers to offer a V6 unless, by some miracle, the next NX offers one. I wouldn't bet on it, though.

First it was the V8s... now we are even watching our V6s disappear. :(

Motor

Expert
Reactions
2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid: 6 Reasons to Care About the New Hybrid SUV
What to make of the redesigned and reimagined 2020 Highlander Hybrid

Hey, guess what: Hybrid family crossovers don't need 306 hp. Sounds obvious, right? For the 2020 model year, the Toyota Highlander Hybrid shifts its focus, becoming less powerful, likely more affordable, and way more efficient than its predecessor. Although we haven't yet had a chance to drive the new three-row hybrid crossover, Toyota's updates may just make the 2020 Highlander Hybrid an option for more buyers than before.

Here are six reasons to care about the new hybrid SUV:

Well, Duh
The new hybrid model improves fuel economy -- by a lot. Toyota says the 2020 Highlander Hybrid will hit 34 mpg in combined city/highway EPA testing. That's a huge leap from the last-gen model's 28-29 mpg combined.

Ahh, So THAT'S How They Did It
One of the key ways Toyota facilitated that efficiency-leap was by making the 2020 model a four-cylinder crossover. Where the last-gen model had 306 total-hybrid-system horsepower with a 3.5-liter V-6, the 2020 model starts with a 2.5-liter I-4 and has 240 total system horsepower. So will that make the new Highlander Hybrid a slug? Count on MotorTrend to bring you the answer once we get our hands on one for testing. As for the last-gen V-6 powered Highlander Hybrid model, it hit 60 mph in 7.4 seconds.

More Affordable
The outgoing Highlander Hybrid is an all-wheel-drive only model with a starting price of almost $40,000. With the new 2020 model offered with front- and all-wheel drive plus a four-cylinder powertrain replacing the more powerful V-6, expect a slightly lower price. Expect pricing info to arrive closer to when the hybrid model goes on sale in February 2020.

The Supra of Crossovers?
Don't count on Supra-like responses from any three-row crossover, but the 2020 Highlander Hybrid's Sport mode should help when you want a temporary, extra boost from the hybrid powertrain. Normal and Eco modes are also part of the package, but keep in mind this is a hybrid and not a plug-in hybrid; don't expect to go very far on EV power alone.

Cargo-Ready
Thanks to a battery pack that fits under the rear seats, Toyota says that the hybridized Highlander can haul just as much stuff as the regular V-6 model.

It's Finally Here!
Every 2020 Toyota Highlander will roll out of the factory with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility. An 8.0-inch touchscreen is standard, but if you go for the high-end Platinum model, a 12.3-inch screen takes its place.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-toyota-highlander-hybrid-suv-6-reasons-to-care/

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Thanks for the article, so not only newly fresher lines in approximately the same body but also better handling, I like it very much and I was from top fans of the current Highlander until this new been introduced, it's like the only logical step, and thank god they didn't make it bigger as every other manufacture at least it's the only real midsize in the market not as Telluride, Palisade, Explorer among others that are now 100% literally speaking deep inside the full-size

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Definitely a nice, evolutionary update style-wise. Curious about the driving experience this will give. The standard stop-start system on all grades though, total dealbreaker were I ever in the market for one.

Will1991

Reactions
Since we don't have Highlander here in Europe, I only have two questions:
-> When will we see this infotainment for the rest of the Toyota range (Corolla, Camry, etc...)? This should be at the top of Toyota priorities, the current one it's an antique besides VW (and others) system...
-> When will see a updated one for Lexus?

Reactions
Since we don't have Highlander here in Europe, I only have two questions:
-> When will we see this infotainment for the rest of the Toyota range (Corolla, Camry, etc...)? This should be at the top of Toyota priorities, the current one it's an antique besides VW (and others) system...
-> When will see a updated one for Lexus?
I was looking at the page for the Aygo and clearly the interior photo showed Apple Carplay on the radio, so it wouldn't make sense for TME (Toyota Motor Europe) not to offer it as well.

Will1991

Reactions
I was looking at the page for the Aygo and clearly the interior photo showed Apple Carplay on the radio, so it wouldn't make sense for TME (Toyota Motor Europe) not to offer it as well.

Aygo was the first Toyota to get it, but not only smartphone integration but also speed and screen resolution/map quality is far behind any competition... It’s on par with Dacia’s... This can’t happen

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
wow
I like it
But
Why should anyone buy the RX over this, it has everything way better than the RX

fit & finish, building quality, material quality, better design, android auto / apple carplay, better resolution infotainment system

And for those always saying that the next NX and RX will be better than the RAV4 and Highlander respectively, I think they never saw the UX & CH-R head to head, they are built the same , same exact car with different style, that's the only thing in differentiation and that will be also the only thing for the upcoming NX and RX

Reactions
These need to be in dealers now given the onslaught of new models already selling. I'm wondering why it is taking so long to get to market. Toyota only had a locked 2020 prototype at the auto show, and letting customers drive the 2019 model at the ride and drive.