2020 Subaru Outback

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Motor, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Motor
    flexus likes this.
  2. Gecko
    Gecko Staff Member Administrator
    I'll be curious to see if it's more SUV like, or still "raised wagon."

3. Motorsnwheels
    I am guessing it will still be a raised wagon. I have always been a fan of the Outback but I would be hesitant with the recent quality issues they have been experiencing. Still will be nice to see the redesign.

4. mikeavelli
    mikeavelli Staff Member Moderator
    These things now clog the roads...

Trexus likes this.
  5. Getty
    I'm curious about this too. Funny... I referenced the Outback in the other thread. Ironically... I don't think I'd have bought an RX if I hadn't test-driven an Outback 3.6L... I was shopping for cars for Mom... and I ended up asking the sales guy how he felt about selling TWO of them. The whole experience driving the Outback (not the 4, the 3.6l 6)... was really fun.

One of the biggest reasons I didn't go with the Subaru, is I'm not a fan of the "station wagon" look... but they are downright cheap for what you get. AWD, beautiful leather interior, well-integrated infotainment system *don't know if it's good, but it LOOKS good*)... etc. etc. for just over $34K negotiated down from just under $39K... seemed like a bargain compared to anything else I was considering.

MichaelL and flexus like this.
  6. Lexucator
    I am hoping that Subaru sticks with the raised wagon look with this next generation, as the Forester and Ascent have the more traditional crossover look covered.

My wife and I looked at the 2019 Outback Touring, both 4 and 6 cylinder models, but ultimately went with the ‘19 Forester Touring. We like that the Forester offers Subaru’s latest generation safety features and that it is built on their new global architecture. Not to mention the fuel economy is outstanding, although not as good as our UX 250h.

flexus and F1 Silver Arrows like this.
  7. RAL
    RAL Staff Member Moderator
  8. Motor
    SUBARU DEBUTS ALL-NEW SIXTH-GENERATION 2020 OUTBACK AT NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW
    http://media.subaru.com/pressrelease/1422/1/subaru-debuts-all-new-sixth-generation-2020-outback
    [​IMG]

Not bad.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  9. Gecko
    Gecko Staff Member Administrator
    [​IMG]

So Subaru is totally done with V6s now? Nothing more than 4 cylinders...

flexus and mikeavelli like this.
  10. Joaquin Ruhi
    Joaquin Ruhi Staff Member Moderator
    If you mean flat-6s, then, yes, they're done, and following in the 4-cylinder-only footsteps of Mazda and Volvo.

Gecko likes this.
  11. mikeavelli
    mikeavelli Staff Member Moderator
    People- WAGONS ARE UNCOOL
    Suburu raises a wagon- OMG THIS IS INCREDIBLE

I don't get it and never will lol