2020 NX 300 Can't change map color scheme

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
I leased a new 2020 NX300 last week and I'm not a fan of this new Gen 11 nav system. At least so far. In my previous car a '17 IS200, the map background was off white during the day and black at night which made it easy to read. Now in this newer version the background is gray that gets a little darker gray at night. The problem is that there's not enough contrast between the background and the lettering which makes it, at least for me, very difficult to read especially at night.

I've looked into the detailed nav settings under options and there are 3 other color schemes to choose from but whichever one I select, the map never changes, It still looks the same.

Also the scale looks way off on this new system. 300ft looks way bigger on this screen than any of my previous Lexus cars. Sitting at my home in the '17 there is a main four lane highway probably one quarter mile or a little more as the crow flies. On that screen it would barely show that highway. On the '20 that highway is nearly halfway across the screen. The distance shown looks far greater than 300ft in other words.

I know this system is in '20 RX and I think they've been using the gray scheme in other newer models as well. I just wish I could figure out how to change that color and make it easier for me to see.