1st Generation Lexus RC 300, 350, F and Track Edition Megathread

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
If you are looking into RC-F I think you only have two feasible options: 2021 RC-F Premium or 2021 Track Edition. Everything else in between is not a good value imo. New 22 model got more expensive by $2K for either trims or $4K for TE. I'm not sure if they added something to it but that's a hefty price increase for apparently the same car pretty much. They should have thrown in Premium triple LEDs for the price they ask for 22.

Anyway I had a great change of hearts with Track Edition. From it's debut when I said to myself oh its cool but who would buy this to this is THE RC-F to get in 2022.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
If you are looking into RC-F I think you only have two feasible options: 2021 RC-F Premium or 2021 Track Edition. Everything else in between is not a good value imo.

I don't know if any RC F is a great value anymore (I think the car has become very expensive for what it offers), but those are definitely the two most compelling options.

IMO, RC F premium should be the base car for ~$67k. RC F Carbon should be ~$75k and RC F TE should be ~$90k. I know it's an old car now and inflation hasn't been kind to anyone, but it's pretty pricey for what you get.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
If you are looking into RC-F I think you only have two feasible options: 2021 RC-F Premium or 2021 Track Edition. Everything else in between is not a good value imo. New 22 model got more expensive by $2K for either trims or $4K for TE. I'm not sure if they added something to it but that's a hefty price increase for apparently the same car pretty much. They should have thrown in Premium triple LEDs for the price they ask for 22.

Anyway I had a great change of hearts with Track Edition. From it's debut when I said to myself oh its cool but who would buy this to this is THE RC-F to get in 2022.

Back in the day (2015), they did a comparison of RCF with LSD and the RCF with TVD (no carbon fiber) and it was like 3% faster around the race track than the LSD RCF all else being the same. With some weight reduction with the carbon fiber, it would be even slightly quicker. So, with the extra money paid for a CF/TVD RCF, you get better inherent capability to lap faster around the race track. Of course, it depends on the driver as well. Some people might argue, most owners don't take them to the track, which is true. but many RCF owners do take it to the track.

It could be argued that RCF is not a great value as the competition has gone to newer/better generations, which is a true statement. However, the same argument could be made about the RCF Track Edition as well since for the same price, one could buy a more hardcore race track car that is more modern for the same or less price like C8 or Cayman GTS etc.

The value proposition of the RCF TE is the same as the other RCFs aside from more exclusivity. I believe, the RCF TE will hold its value really well over the long term. One gets a really good balance/mix of practicality, luxury and track capability. RCF TE, for example offers almost all of the luxury/practicality that other RCFs offer. It is just offered in varying proportions depending on what the person is willing to spend.

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Finished some detailing and cleaning brake dust off wheels. Also, cleaned out the titanium exhaust tips. Two front-facing baby seats installed. Also, been doing testing using my Dragy GPS equipment of my OEM++ RCF for real-world 1/4 mile and 60-130 mph tests (at 5000+ feet DA in thin air). Will have lots of details once I compile the data some time before the end of summer.

Took this picture at the end of the work

DSC_1251.JPG

DSC_1247.JPG

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Who said a RC F can't be a family hauler? You're living the dream! :cool::love:

Thanks man. It fits two front facing baby seats (any brand) really well. I have a Chicco backless booster and a Graco 3-in-1 Nautlius 65. Just a caveat, rear facing baby seats (at least, Graco ones), don't fit as the upper seat back bulge out too much. I was driving RCF solo for last 3 years waiting for our newborn to be in the front facing to put both seats for daughter and son in the car.

You are spot-on. Hard to describe, but there is something very surreal about sitting in a roaring ~ 510 - 515 HP coupe with two small children strapped in the back in baby seats with big smiles on their faces.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Finished some detailing and cleaning brake dust off wheels. Also, cleaned out the titanium exhaust tips. Two front-facing baby seats installed. Also, been doing testing using my Dragy GPS equipment of my OEM++ RCF for real-world 1/4 mile and 60-130 mph tests (at 5000+ feet DA in thin air). Will have lots of details once I compile the data some time before the end of summer.

Took this picture at the end of the work

View attachment 6261

View attachment 6260

That is awesome!

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
RCF & GSF vs Supra & Civic Type R

RCF: intake/headers/exhaust
GSF: intake/headers/exhaust + RR race tune
Civic: Intake/catless downpipe/intercooler/exhaust + tune (380 whp)
Supra: Catless downpipe